How Roy WILL help the team

Iamtdg

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2340334 said:
I think it would be foolish to try to make a claim that Roy Williams does not help this team.

My argument was that I felt we didn't need him and I still don't.

Really?

We didn't need a #2?

We could coast along with Austin, Hurd, and Stanback?

What about next year, or the year after? We wouldn't need a #2 then? Or, a #1 to follow TO's exit?

Please enlighten me.

Rudy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2340382 said:
I sure hope he helps us.....I just remember the Galloway deal flop

Everyone keeps comparing this trade to that one and I think it's apples to oranges. That team needed those draft picks because our talent had depleted...also, those picks were a lot higher than what we should hope this number 1 will be. I think whether we traded this pick or not, it would've been a luxury pick. The 3rd rounder kinda sucks we had to give it away, but if he pans out the way he should then it won't matter. All in all, back in 98 or whenever it was, we needed a lot more than a WR. Right now, we don't need much. We are very young, incredibly talented...just not completely clicking yet.

starchamber

Reaction score
bbgun;2340678 said:
Our shiny new toy won't make bit of difference unless this gets fixed.

http://img518.*************/img518/1492/redskinscowboys65of9.jpg
Indeed, if these issues are not resolved, it may minimize Roy's affect. But if the offense were to implement more 3 step drops (as teams have done to us to minimize the affect of our pass rush) and incorporate more 5 to seven yard slants via Roy Williams and commit more to the running game, that should slowdown the opposing teams pass rush. Hopefully. Someone needs to tell "Red Jesus" to stop living vicariously through T.Romo's Arm...
:starspin

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2340334 said:
I think it would be foolish to try to make a claim that Roy Williams does not help this team.

My argument was that I felt we didn't need him and I still don't.

Total agreement on both counts.

But we should all take the attitude now that since he's here, let him do some things like (cliche alert) stretching the secondary and freeing up Felix to make the corners more.

I thought that with T.O. and crayton and witten and the emerging Austin we had enough firepower if the O line pulled its weight.
Again, put RW to work!