How strong is Ezekiel Elliott

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember that 10lbs Zeke lost and as a result he gained some quickness back? Yeah, he's not as thin anymore.
Great blocker but.....
FEED POLLARD.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Oline was garbage in the KC game. It’s not even in question. Every single one of them got their ***** handed to them. Neither your RB nor your QB are going to perform well under those circumstances.

So what are saying is that zeke is just like any other back?
Very true but pollard had averaged over 7 ypc.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How strong is Ezekiel Elliott? who knows but they should start calling him ironhead.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So what are saying is that zeke is just like any other back?
Very true but pollard had averaged over 7 ypc.
I’m saying something simple that even you should be able to comprehend. NO back is going to be successful with the complete lack of line play we had in the KC game. It’s not rocket science, but facts often fall short when comforted with an agenda.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m saying something simple that even you should be able to comprehend. NO back is going to be successful with the complete lack of line play we had in the KC game. It’s not rocket science, but facts often fall short when comforted with an agenda.

If Zeke needs great blocking, big holes, tons of carries, and a great offense to play well then he isnt worth a dime.

All you are saying is that Zeke is like any other run of the mill back that needs great blocking. Which I agree with. Its what I have been telling you Zeke apologists for years.

And AGAIN..................Pollard averaged over 7 ypc so your notion that NO BACK can be successful is BS.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Zeke is tough and I appreciate him and we are better with him than without but he’s a shell of what he use to be . The explosiveness is gone and he struggles to make anyone miss.

JBond

Reaction score
Zeke is more workout warrior than beast. He's still good but he can no longer breakthrough the defense like he used too. If he was a bit more slippery he might still be the difference maker he used to be.
Some keep calling him a bum. I think he was run into the ground early in his career. I can't imagine how getting hit by 250+ guys every play feels. His speed is gone. His ability to get skinny and slice through a small opening is gone. Guessing his hips/knees. Need to use him as the bully. Keep Dak upright in pass blocking and close out games. I hope Kellan starts 20 today.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some keep calling him a bum. I think he was run into the ground early in his career. I can't imagine how getting hit by 250+ guys every play feels. His speed is gone. His ability to get skinny and slice through a small opening is gone. Guessing his hips/knees. Need to use him as the bully. Keep Dak upright in pass blocking and close out games. I hope Kellan starts 20 today.

He was never very elusive. He was just awesome at bowling through people and that has declined. He's still a tough runner, almost always getting yards after contact but he's not breaking through like he used too.

Hardline

Reaction score
Hes strong enough to get tackled in n the open field by the first defender.

CWR

Reaction score
The amount of recency bias on this board is incredible. Wind back a few weeks and Zeke is key in defeating the Vikings, and everyone is talking about how terrific he's been all year.

Today he goes out and guts the Raiders for 120 yards and everyone will pretend this thread didn't exist.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The amount of recency bias on this board is incredible. Wind back a few weeks and Zeke is key in defeating the Vikings, and everyone is talking about how terrific he's been all year.

Today he goes out and guts the Raiders for 120 yards and everyone will pretend this thread didn't exist.
:hammer:

Reactions: CWR

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Our chubby little friend had a promising start to the season but the last 5 games have been pretty weak.

CWR

Reaction score
Our chubby little friend had a promising start to the season but the last 5 games have been pretty weak.

When he split the defense and put us at first and goal for the win vs Minny he didn't look weak. When he hit pay dirt THREE times vs Atlanta he didn't look weak.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When he split the defense and put us at first and goal for the win vs Minny he didn't look weak. When he hit pay dirt THREE times vs Atlanta he didn't look weak.
Pretty sure he only had 2 TDs. Each one was about 1 yard out as I recall. When you said 3 you must have been thinking about his average yards per carry.