Video: How the Cowboys dynasty lived and died at the hands of Jerry Jones

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
IMVHO, it's just fine if we disagree on this. I will list my reasons why Jerry is not sweating at nite about winning:
He's the GM...obvious problem
He hired Garrett...obvious and continuing problem
OC is unproven...most likely will prove to be a major problem
QB is not SB quality or ready for primetime...will cause problems if they extend him
No championship or SB appearances for 25 years...none that I can see on the horizon
Wedded to old or declining players...Jerry has not learned anything from the Pats
Jerry's Ego...too old to change and too rich to care
The owner sucks, the coaches suck and the main qb sucks and the franchise sucks. Why the hell are you even a fan? Just thought I would ask.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Probably he grew up a fan of the team when they were winners
As did I. Been watchin since the early 1971. The good ole days of the Cowboys. Dallas native. They didn't win many sb's back then either but we were consistantly in the playoffs. The only thing that has not changed is I still loath the eagles. lol

LittleD

Reaction score
The owner sucks, the coaches suck and the main qb sucks and the franchise sucks. Why the hell are you even a fan? Just thought I would ask.

Hope springs eternal and one day Jerry will be departed to that big roundup in the sky. Some of us still hope for better days.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just wish Jerry Jones would be like Robert Kraft.
Jerry Jones is Robert Kraft. Not only is he Robert Kraft but he is also much more.

Robert Kraft bought the Patriots, a NFL franchise owner, and named himself as Chairman and Chief Executive Office. Jones bought the Cowboys, so he is an owner, just like Robert.

Robert donated 23 chromosomes for son, Jonathan Kraft, who is president of the Patriots. Jones named himself President of the Cowboys, just like Jonathan's title.

Bill Belichick is both the Patriots head coach and de facto general manager. Jones named himself General Manager, just like Bill's title, even though he will not say he is the Patriots general manager (but he is).

And there you have it! Jones is Robert, Chromosome Kid and Bill all wrapped into one. Or that is likely how Jones has always seen himself while staring in the mirror. Maybe things would be different for the franchise if Jones did not see himself as the Three Headed Oddity Genius from Arkansas.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree. People who push this narrative are nonsensical. If Jerry cares about money, then guess what earns the most money? Wins. Championships.

If the Cowboys hadn't won those Super Bowls, that $140 million investment in 1989 wouldn't be worth the $4 billion today.

The idea that Jerry wants only $$$ and not wins is contradictory.
Apparently all he needed were those three Superbowls to sell a fanbase in the idea of almost for the next 20+ years. How much has he made since the last Superbowl victory?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Agree. People who push this narrative are nonsensical. If Jerry cares about money, then guess what earns the most money? Wins. Championships.

If the Cowboys hadn't won those Super Bowls, that $140 million investment in 1989 wouldn't be worth the $4 billion today.

The idea that Jerry wants only $$$ and not wins is contradictory.
no it isnt, look at what the cowboys were worth in 1997, and compare that to 2019! no wins yet has increased by 3 billion or more lol.
Jerry wants to play gm, more than he wants to win, he enjoys it, but he wants to win too.
He wants to have the cake and eat it too, but since 1997 he hasnt been able to eat any cake, lol but he has enjoyed playing gm, and building
the stadium etc.
Now he wants to eat some cake badly, but only if it happens while he is gm.

Plus what if he hired a real gm and director of player personnel, and him and his boy became spectators,
and then the new gm etc hired a real coach, and rolled right to a SB, how stupid would it make jerry and his boy look ????????
So that is one reason for him to be afraid to do that.