How to be a team leader (Mahomes) Dallas stars are not leaders

Chasing6

Reaction score
How so? I think I know where you are going with this but I don't want to assume anything. Just saying its not is meaningless. Why?
First off Aikman was upset that he even had to chew out his team. Then it obviously did not work, because he then had to chew out his coaches and tell them to do their job. So he either thought it was not his place to do so or he was ineffective and he did not want to do it to begin with.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
First off Aikman was upset that he even had to chew out his team. Then it obviously did not work, because he then had to chew out his coaches and tell them to do their job. So he either thought it was not his place to do so or he was ineffective and he did not want to do it to begin with.
Troy stepped up and became a leader as best he could, when jimmy left.
It worked for the first 2 years under switzer and helped them get to that last SB which they won.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are you delusional all day every day?

Never said Mahomes was not good. Stated facts their defense gave up an average of 16 points a game.

Aikman was a bus driver. You can like it or not. He had 8 all pro's on offense. He had the all time leader rusher in history of the word.

I can't help that you are uneducated and only think QB's win SB's.

Football is not a singles tennis match. No matter how hard you want it to be one.
how many all-pros on Dak’s OL and pro-bowlers and number 1 ranked defenses including scoring and TOs? Dak still can’t even get out the first round..

You fanboys are clearly delusional.. you must be Tad…

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
how many all-pros on Dak’s OL and pro-bowlers and number 1 ranked defenses including scoring and TOs? Dak still can’t even get out the first round..

You fanboys are clearly delusional.. you must be Tad…
Yeah, the Trance cat is just one of many of Dak's lover that always try, and I say try, to put down Aikman, hell I think I read even Staubach to try and elevate Daks reputation, however, they think others don't have eyes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well you are not getting a new GM so where do we go from here.
How about we start with ridiculous comments,

tell me how the bottom 20 teams in the league who always fall short of even getting close to where the Dallas Cowboys are like the top 6 we've been in the last three years and tell me how it went for them getting rid of GM's, coaches, tons of new quarterbacks ,lot of times having some of the top picks in the draft for a decade you know like the Browns ,The Jets teams like them... there are a lot of them that change all the time hell some of them have changed ownerships and changed cities and it didn't help...

Somehow we keep focusing on the fact that there might be two or three really good elite GM's in this league and there's 32 teams it's it's similar to the same thing you do with your players and by the way GM's look really good when you have a coach like Andy Reed matched up with a generational talent in Patrick mahomes...

So keeping with your ridiculousness, I want to say something ridiculous,

how about you go to a lab get them stem cells going and grow a new Patrick mahomes and an Andy Reid and their GM and when they're ready you let Jerry Jones know that they're all coming his team guaranteed and all he has to do is step down one step you know will mcclay's already the GM but just all he has to do is come out and give up his title and I bet he will but let me know when they're grown when they're starting to play football and we can recreate those three things on our team and then we can start talking so that where do we go from here get in your lab and get us those guys because you're not getting them by chance because 95 quarterbacks have been taken since 2016 and only one of them which is Patrick mahomes has won a freaking Super Bowl...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
How about we start with ridiculous comments,

tell me how the bottom 20 teams in the league who always fall short of even getting close to where the Dallas Cowboys are like the top 6 we've been in the last three years and tell me how it went for them getting rid of GM's, coaches, tons of new quarterbacks ,lot of times having some of the top picks in the draft for a decade you know like the Browns ,The Jets teams like them... there are a lot of them that change all the time hell some of them have changed ownerships and changed cities and it didn't help...

Somehow we keep focusing on the fact that there might be two or three really good elite GM's in this league and there's 32 teams it's it's similar to the same thing you do with your players and by the way GM's look really good when you have a coach like Andy Reed matched up with a generational talent in Patrick mahomes...

So keeping with your ridiculousness, I want to say something ridiculous,

how about you go to a lab get them stem cells going and grow a new Patrick mahomes and an Andy Reid and their GM and when they're ready you let Jerry Jones know that they're all coming his team guaranteed and all he has to do is step down one step you know will mcclay's already the GM but just all he has to do is come out and give up his title and I bet he will but let me know when they're grown when they're starting to play football and we can recreate those three things on our team and then we can start talking so that where do we go from here get in your lab and get us those guys because you're not getting them by chance because 95 quarterbacks have been taken since 2016 and only one of them which is Patrick mahomes has won a freaking Super Bowl...
@Mikexike did you read this novel? lol

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Okay...so? The point is Aikman chewed out his team. You (someone) said Aikman didn;t do that. Someone said myhomes didn't do that.

I showed that BOTH of them did it. Super Bowl champ LEADERS. mkay...it's very simple. Don't try to spin it.
You are dazed and confused. My point was where leadership begins on a football team. It is not with the owner, GM, and defacto Head Coach in a Stadium Suite during a game, taking unearned credit after a win, and pointing blame on everyone but himself after a lost. See Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

No leadership at Head Coach, then no leadership can be delegated at QB. Does that sound familiar?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are dazed and confused. My point was where leadership begins on a football team. It is not with the owner, GM, and defacto Head Coach in a Stadium Suite during a game, taking unearned credit after a win, and pointing blame on everyone but himself after a lost. See Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

No leadership at Head Coach, then no leadership can be delegated at QB. Does that sound familiar?
I'm perfect undazed and lucid. I understand what you are saying but I disagree with it. I'm not saying Dak is a leader, or that he even has to be this great grand super leader.

We disagree that Dak CAN'T show good "leadership" on the field. I just don't believe that is the reason...you are stating it as a fact when it's just your belief.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

if your saying the main thing is to have good leadership from the HC is the most important, then I agree.
It spreads from the HC to players and even to the FO.
wade, JG, and MM have not been good leaders, so it is hard to expect the qb or players to be good leaders of the team.
Some may be able to do it, but without a good HC , it wont have the same impact.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
Please show us where Dak said he wanted $60 mil. Waiting patiently……

Praxit

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
..yep, thats just it. Mahomes makes it count when it does. Has some bad season games.

When playoffs come, he's Blue Chip stock.

Unfortunately for us, Dak is opposite.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I'm perfect undazed and lucid. I understand what you are saying but I disagree with it. I'm not saying Dak is a leader, or that he even has to be this great grand super leader.

We disagree that Dak CAN'T show good "leadership" on the field. I just don't believe that is the reason...you are stating it as a fact when it's just your belief.
Facts are proven observations. You have had 30 years to observe. Romo was never a leader, neither Quincy, except for the 1 playoff year under Parcells who was the leader of the team. Never said Dak is not a leader. I said he cannot lead because he has not been given the authority, accountability, and responsibility to lead from a Head Coach that has it to delegate it to Dak.

You said it. You have "show" good leadership not "real" good leadership.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts are proven observations. You have had 30 years to observe. Romo was never a leader, neither Quincy, except for the 1 playoff year under Parcells who was the leader of the team. Never said Dak is not a leader. I said he cannot lead because he has not been given the authority, accountability, and responsibility to lead from a Head Coach that has it to delegate it to Dak.

You said it. You have "show" good leadership not "real" good leadership.
I understand. We have a lack of consensus on what a "leader" really is.

I have NEVER...ever!... claimed Romo was a "leader". I dare anyone to prove otherwise. Show me I said that. He did not have to be. Dak isn't and does not have to be either.

But when you see it...you know. I showed two vids of Aikman and myhomes....showing "leadership"...imho of course.

It's NOT just showing up. sky points, and butt slaps, and BBQ's, and new nikes for everyone.

But if you are gonna chew dat axe....you have to have PROVED something. You have had to LEAD to somewhere. Romo and Dak haven't. Aikman, myhomes, Brady...have. I'd add Rodger and Brees...so we HAVE examples.

Again...I tell you....You don;t need to win a super bowl with a "leader QB". There are all kinds of variables. But when you see it, you know.

Or...should.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I understand. We have a lack of consensus on what a "leader" really is.

I have NEVER...ever!... claimed Romo was a "leader". I dare anyone to prove otherwise. Show me I said that. He did not have to be. Dak isn't and does not have to be either.

But when you see it...you know. I showed two vids of Aikman and myhomes....showing "leadership"...imho of course.

It's NOT just showing up. sky points, and butt slaps, and BBQ's, and new nikes for everyone.

But if you are gonna chew dat axe....you have to have PROVED something. You have had to LEAD to somewhere. Romo and Dak haven't. Aikman, myhomes, Brady...have. I'd add Rodger and Brees...so we HAVE examples.

Again...I tell you....You don;t need to win a super bowl with a "leader QB". There are all kinds of variables. But when you see it, you know.

Or...should.
You are right you do not need to win a Super Bowl to be a leader at QB (never said that as Danny White was a leader). However, You need a leader at HC to have a leader at QB and other positions for a football team. Again you cannot delegate authority, accountability, and responsibility if you do not have it to begin. See every Jonesboys HC after Jimmy Johnson, excluding Bill Parcells (we know what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones thought of him). Parcells gave Quincy Carter leadership for one season and got to the playoffs. If the Cowboys had a HC with leadership, then you would at least had Danny White results the last 3 years.

bewp7

Reaction score
an entire team and coach staff not showing up for a play off game say every thing i need to know about the leader ship on this team

losers leading even more losers to more losing