How to be a team leader (Mahomes) Dallas stars are not leaders

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what mahomes is doing right now.

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

He is under contract, but I think he would do this even if he wasnt.

Him signing the 10 year contract was team friendly.
Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)

RS12

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Read this and see why he is a good leader, and how KC is better at the whole off season thing.

Not only can they move money around when they need to, but it is already a bargain at 50 mil a year!
Dak wants 60 ! 10 more than mahomes! He should realize that is just plain stupid. (or some others should)
He is a team leader because his GM is not the owner, and his Head Coach is not the GM and owner.

Leadership starts at Head Coach and not owner or GM. See Landry, Johnson, Belichick, Parcells, and any other Super Bowl team.

You cannot lead on the football field from the box suite.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The reason Mahomes is a leader is simple IMO. He meets the moment. Prime example: the Buffalo playoff game. Opening drive at home the Bills go right down the field go up 3 to 0 and the crowd is in it. What does Mahomes do? March the Chiefs right down the field, tie up the game, and take the crowd out of it. He went back and forth like that for three quarters before KC pulled away. Leadership is performing when it matters and making your teammates believe in you and themselves.
that's nothing, our guy threw an INT, then moped until the packers put in their back up. He was leading on the bench with his head down.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean it aint but one Mahomes....

Mahomes is the best qb in the world

Burrow is second best and then theres the rest....and yes that includes Josh Allen, is Allen is elite then so is Dak and if Allen is just good to great than so is Dak theyre the same

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a team leader because his GM is not the owner, and his Head Coach is not the GM and owner.

Leadership starts at Head Coach and not owner or GM. See Landry, Johnson, Belichick, Parcells, and any other Super Bowl team.

I call BS on this. You can still be a leader among your peers even with an oppressive boss. You can "show up for work" even when it's "not required". That would be just but one small way.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score

I agree any team paying their QB more than Mahomes is set up for failure. They are at a disadvantage. B

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

there are 6 other QBs who make more average money than Mahomes. do they deserve it? Mahomes took a team friendly deal, but its a 10 year deal. would you have been ok if Dallas gave Dak a 10 year team friendly deal 4 years ago? Mahomes deal will get redone. he will make more money. the 10 year allowed KC to move money around and cap flexibility. I have never seen a 10 year deal in NFL.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I call BS on this. You can still be a leader among your peers even with an oppressive boss. You can "show up for work" even when it's "not required". That would be just but one small way.
You can call the Pope. Name me the Super Bowl HOF QB that did not have a leader at HC? Lombardi and Starr, Stram and Dawson, Grant and Tarkenton, Madden and Stabler, Flores and Plunkett, Walsh and Montana, Young (see Shanahan). Landry and Staubach. Johnson and Aikman, Dan Reeves and John Elway. Shanahan (he will be an HOF Coach) and Elway Belichick and Brady. Shula and Marino, Cowher/Tomlin and Roethlisberger, and Reid and Mahomes

If what you said works (no leadership at HC), show me when it did work over the last 30 years with the Arlington Jonesboys.

birdwells1

Reaction score

When has Jerry and Stephen been active (like any other NFLteam) in free agency? Why should anyone give the Joneses a discount when they haven't signed a first day free agent since Brandon Carr in 2012 2012. He'll be looking like Dirk Nowitski when he took far less so that management could get better players around him and they never did, he never made it back to the conference championship. Took less for nothing.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Yep, and until that changes it’s tough to envision any real success in Dallas.

Jerry doesn’t care though. It’s all about him being a celebrity, then blame everyone else when it fails in dramatic fashion.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Don please don't put that evil out into the universe. Can you imagine if we had signed a 10 year contract for Dak?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean it aint but one Mahomes....

Mahomes is the best qb in the world

Burrow is second best and then theres the rest....and yes that includes Josh Allen, is Allen is elite then so is Dak and if Allen is just good to great than so is Dak theyre the same
Allen loses every year to Mahomes and Burrow. Dak loses to Purdy, Love, and Garropalo. It ain't anywhere near the same.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any QB who wins SB’s is a leader in the eyes of fans and if a QB keeps coming up short their leadership is questioned.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Yep, and until that changes it’s tough to envision any real success in Dallas.

Jerry doesn’t care though. It’s all about him being a celebrity, then blame everyone else when it fails in dramatic fashion.
When people really understand this then we'll start to see a shift. We've had different QBs, different players, different coaches but the same results with the same management but people will continue to blame the constant merry go round of players and coaches. We are doomed with the structure of the front office being a mom and pop business where no one has earned their position but Jerry as the owner. Jerry the GM didn't earn it he bought it, Stephen the Vice President is because his daddy owns the team and so with the rest of the Jones clan.

Chasing6

Reaction score

You have no idea what Dak wants. Keep saying it.