How to maximize Micah

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
FT DE? No.
FT LB? No.
The obvious answer is move him around and bring him from all areas of the field.

Ok that's the easy part.

Outside of Micah. Who has similar traits that can get minutes and make the opposing offense actually guess who and what to do pre snap?

DLaw is and always has been great at setting the edge and run set stuffer. If Mazi and Hank can lock down the middle, who is the other guy that provides the rush?

This is a passing league.

Want to maximize Micah? He needs someone, really anyone, that can rush and chase the play as a compliment.

Who's the guy?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

Sprinkle in the rest of the DE's who can get sacks also.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
FT DE? No.
FT LB? No.
The obvious answer is move him around and bring him from all areas of the field.

Ok that's the easy part.

Outside of Micah. Who has similar traits that can get minutes and make the opposing offense actually guess who and what to do pre snap?

DLaw is and always has been great at setting the edge and run set stuffer. If Mazi and Hank can lock down the middle, who is the other guy that provides the rush?

Want to maximize Micah? He needs someone, really anyone, that can rush and chase the play as a compliment.

Who's the guy?
Very very very very good post, all the focus is on him, someone else needs to take advantage!!!! They need to be consistent!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Micah calling himself a DE is a financial decision. Typically, a DE gets paid $7 million more a season than a LB.
Maybe but I don't think it matters. He is going to be top 5 in DPOY for years and likely pick one up if we have a good year and he has a similar sack total.

IOW, he is going to get top defensive player money. He has earned it and looks to keep being worth it.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Maybe but I don't think it matters. He is going to be top 5 in DPOY for years and likely pick one up if we have a good year and he has a similar sack total.

IOW, he is going to get top defensive player money. He has earned it and looks to keep being worth it.
If he keeps up his current level of production, I don’t see how he signs for less than the biggest contract for a defensive player ever. If we don’t give it to him, some other team will.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is exactly right. DT, DE, ILB or OLB doesn't matter. The only thing that would be a surprise is if he isn't the top paid defensive player in NFL history.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
And I feel Jerry and co. are gonna have to find some way to pay him. I just don't see them letting him go. They need him more than Micah needs them. He brings them relevance and Micah will get paid by whoever else steps up.

GMO415

Reaction score
And I feel Jerry and co. are gonna have to find some way to pay him. I just don't see them letting him go. They need him more than Micah needs them. He brings them relevance and Micah will get paid by whoever else steps up.
If this team can't even reach a NFC Championship game with him, why break the bank to keep him?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
In passing situations their rush packages will be something like 11 - 97 - 90 - 54

There aren't really any other teams in the league with that much rush skill on the DL.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
If this team can't even reach a NFC Championship game with him, why break the bank to keep him?
I see it from the other direction as well. Why should Micah stay here if he yearns for a Super Bowl. He will have his share of successful suitors. He will never come near a Super Bowl in Dallas.

conner01

Reaction score
FT DE? No.
FT LB? No.

Ok that's the easy part.

Who's the guy?
Hankins won’t be in most passing downs
I’d go
Sam-mazi-Dlaw-armstrong
Let Micah float around and find the weak spot, also attracting attention and causing blocking mistakes on the oline

quickccc

Reaction score
- If I were an opposing offense, i'd de-sign set and slide a blocking scheme to the RDE spot in guessing Parsons will be likely coming from that side.

- Block him with a LT while also setting some double team and chip blocks with a TE and a RB, and let Quinn chess-match to beat me.

- I'd have to really guess Dan Quinn's tendencies, and it seems like he's content more with having Parsons' rush at RDE.
Parson may rush from opposite side vs RT, or stunt it up the middle on very small occasions, but it's telling that Parsons will be at RDE, and the more
he has to take on a 340+ pound OT, he'll wear down more at some point later in the season.

- Bulking up from 250 pounds to to 260' ish and still taking on a 340+ OT on a down to down, series to series basis, seems like it's gonna take it's toll
at season's end, and long term in his carer,..imo.

- And it does not help matters that Parsons is somewhat reluctant to come out of games for spell-breathers.

DanA

Reaction score
The only thing that has to change from last season for Micah is that he’s got to play 10% less snaps.

Those can go straight to Sam Williams as far as I am concerned.