How to tell when the NFCE is having an off year

stiletto

Reaction score
It's like this every year.... shouldn't really be surprising. No one team since like 2000 has been the best year in and out.

rkell87

Reaction score
The bottom teams from last year are on top during the portion of the schedule that being on bottom last year benefits those teams. I bet we beat the breaks off of all of them.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Watch Philly and you can see they are actually a pretty good team. Washington ain't bad either.

Cowboys and Giants have way more issues than the top two.
I still think Washington falters. Too many injuries and probable inconsistent QB play. Philly seems to be pretty good and they have a few weapons.

Zman5

Reaction score
It's like this every year.... shouldn't really be surprising. No one team since like 2000 has been the best year in and out.

EaGirls dominated between 2000 and 2004. It's been a seesaw since 2010

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The bottom teams from last year are on top during the portion of the schedule that being on bottom last year benefits those teams. I bet we beat the breaks off of all of them.

Have you actually looked at the schedule?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch Philly and you can see they are actually a pretty good team. Washington ain't bad either.

Cowboys and Giants have way more issues than the top two.
This is true. They are turning it around and headed in the right direction. Well coached. They will be the team to beat for the foreseeable future in the NFCEuntil we are smart enough to fire our entire coaching staff.

With the overall talent on this team, a solid coaching staff can turn this team around as fast as the Rams are doing right now. Jerry, get your head out of your ***.

John813

Reaction score
Philly actually is a good team. For how long I dunno. But the GM actually went out and addressed their weaknesses in FA and in the draft. Seems to be working out early on for them.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I have but that has nothing to do with my comment
That is a interesting point not sure how relevant. Cowboys are not one of the top teams this far into 2017 they are struggling on defense more as the season progresses and the offense helped them out this last game with time of possession. The season is still early and some teams like the eagles will fall back to earth. Others will continue a slow death spiral like the Giants. I think the Giants get their backup/replacement for eli in this upcoming draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The one thing we have going for us is 5 more divisional games and being 1-0 in it already. Probably need to go at least 5-1 in the NFCE to have a shot at taking it. Obviously, 6-0 would be better.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly actually is a good team. For how long I dunno. But the GM actually went out and addressed their weaknesses in FA and in the draft. Seems to be working out early on for them.

They are going to have some interesting decisions this offseason though. Jeffrey is only on a one year deal. I think they have some FA on defense too (Jernigan?) and they don't have a ton of cap space.

That being said, they are getting solid to good QB play, their OL (that people laughed at when PFF ranked them #1, including myself) is doing pretty well and their defense is a legit Top 10 D, even with a questionable secondary. And note they have played the last two weeks without their best defender in Fletcher Cox and they'll be getting Darby back to help their secondary.

It's actually depressing. They are so far ahead of us at this point now. And the notion that Doug Pederson, who is a boob, might be a better coach than Garrett is very real and very depressing.