How was that not 3X intentional grounding?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

9,352 Messages
    12,392 Likes Received
    it was smart plays.

BoyzBlaster, Pantone282C and Brax like this.
  2. 3rdEyewarrior

3rdEyewarrior Well-Known Member

1,941 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    How did it all happen? They got a b s call. They squeezed out a super bowl and fir instant from refs. We have to figure out a way to win more and consistently. Make it deep in the playoffs two years in a row and that’ll change our respect. Remind the nfl of what’s its line to have the most popular team in the playoffs two straight years and actually win a game or two.

3. 3rdEyewarrior

3rdEyewarrior Well-Known Member

1,941 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    On the bright side, diggs is close to getting g that elite corner respect. He just has to stack together good hands and get a few picks. That’ll let him hold more and will make him better.

4. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    3,731 Likes Received
    Just stop, you witnessed greatness and all you do is whine.

BoyzBlaster and Captain-Crash like this.
  5. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    3,731 Likes Received
    Lot of cry babies on this thread.

BoyzBlaster and Captain-Crash like this.
  6. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

9,352 Messages
    12,392 Likes Received
    is it the entitled fan who thinks we played good enough to win, so we should get calls and penalities?

BoyzBlaster likes this.
  7. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,648 Messages
    17,851 Likes Received
    I think if it goes past the line of scrimmage it is not a penalty

Captain-Crash likes this.
  8. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,148 Messages
    6,066 Likes Received
    It was second down on a drive that saw only 1 third down. I’m not sure he did, he was cruising

9. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

800 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    I forget what the heck was going on there but if they want to run off the clock then they should run the ball, that’s how it’s always been. To me that is intentional grounding.

10. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

11,485 Messages
    11,185 Likes Received
    Exactly. Learn the rules people.

The rules were *not* broken or even bent.

BoyzBlaster and dogberry like this.
  11. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

10,939 Messages
    29,165 Likes Received
    That wouldn't have been ticky-tacky at all. It's a clear rule violation. You cannot take your helmet off on the field during a game. Not only did he rip off his helmet on the field, during a game, he was sitting there slamming it into the field having a little baby fit that he missed the pick. That would have given us a 1st down in our redzone. Do you think if a Dallas player did that it would go unnoticed?

12. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Well-Known Member

1,774 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    maybe.

I thought the refs were actually fair up until not calling OPI on the last play.

13. SlammedZero

10,939 Messages
    29,165 Likes Received
    I hate getting into the ref debates because then people automatically think you're using them as a crutch for the loss. In no way do I believe Dallas lost because of them, however, it gets super frustrating when they start getting choosy with their penalties.

Techsass likes this.
  14. MichiganCowboyFan

1,774 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    the refs were calling it right on both sides all game up until swallowing the yellow laundry on the obvious OPI. Bucs should have had 2nd and 20 from their own 48... clear as day. Sure, Brady may have still gotten them back into FG range, but it would have been very close since we would have been tightly guarding the sidelines and forcing a completion over the middle which would have made things awfully dicey with the timing. Bucs had no timeouts.

dogberry and SlammedZero like this.
  15. SlammedZero

10,939 Messages
    29,165 Likes Received
    No, I feel ya there! It should have been called no doubt.

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  16. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Well-Known Member

469 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    I think those were good and borderline by the rule. BUT, the numerous non-calls on holding, OPI and the helmet removal are the calls that killed me. We had to beat the goat and the refs and STILL should have won!!!

17. MichiganCowboyFan

1,774 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    the OPI was the only thing I had a problem with. Lavonte David overreacting to the missed interception didn't bother me. It's just a natural overreaction. Let it be.

18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

60,540 Messages
    67,868 Likes Received
    First coach I remember seeing doing this was Parcells.

19. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Well-Known Member

469 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    But, it's an obvious penalty. You can not remove your helmet on the playing field. Not only did he do it, he slammed it to the ground so the refs can make sure they saw it. Over reaction my ***. Why have the rule if you don't enforce it? That would have been a huge 1st down for us in the red zone.

20. FLWarpigrpig

FLWarpigrpig Member

56 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    For the helmet I looked it up and the rule states...

https://sports.yahoo.com/officials-...might-have-cost-cowboys-points-020739280.html

This is from Section 3, Article 1 of the NFL rulebook, which addresses unsportsmanlike conduct: "Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."

So it basically seems to be yet another rule open to official interpretation. Far too many infractions in the NFL today are open to the discretion of the officials. It is killing the game and frustrating every fan base. Everyone thinks their team was hosed almost every game. The bad part is, is that they are right. No one seems to really know the rules anymore.

Techsass and MichiganCowboyFan like this.