How was that not 3X intentional grounding?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
It’s Brady. His team gets to hold and push off a d if you hit him too hard, they change rules.
How did it all happen? They got a b s call. They squeezed out a super bowl and fir instant from refs. We have to figure out a way to win more and consistently. Make it deep in the playoffs two years in a row and that’ll change our respect. Remind the nfl of what’s its line to have the most popular team in the playoffs two straight years and actually win a game or two.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
On the bright side, diggs is close to getting g that elite corner respect. He just has to stack together good hands and get a few picks. That’ll let him hold more and will make him better.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I forget what the heck was going on there but if they want to run off the clock then they should run the ball, that’s how it’s always been. To me that is intentional grounding.

T-RO

Reaction score
INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver

Exactly. Learn the rules people.

The rules were *not* broken or even bent.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
that would have been a terrible ticky tack flag if they had called that against David giving us free points. just as stupid as the call against Brice Butler in 2016 against Green Gay. I hate double standards, but ticky tack flags aren't the answer.

That wouldn't have been ticky-tacky at all. It's a clear rule violation. You cannot take your helmet off on the field during a game. Not only did he rip off his helmet on the field, during a game, he was sitting there slamming it into the field having a little baby fit that he missed the pick. That would have given us a 1st down in our redzone. Do you think if a Dallas player did that it would go unnoticed?

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
That wouldn't have been ticky-tacky at all. It's a clear rule violation. You cannot take your helmet off on the field during a game. Not only did he rip off his helmet on the field, during a game, he was sitting there slamming it into the field having a little baby fit that he missed the pick. That would have given us a 1st down in our redzone. Do you think if a Dallas player did that it would go unnoticed?
maybe.

I thought the refs were actually fair up until not calling OPI on the last play.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
maybe.

I thought the refs were actually fair up until not calling OPI on the last play.

I hate getting into the ref debates because then people automatically think you're using them as a crutch for the loss. In no way do I believe Dallas lost because of them, however, it gets super frustrating when they start getting choosy with their penalties.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I hate getting into the ref debates because then people automatically think you're using them as a crutch for the loss. In no way do I believe Dallas lost because of them, however, it gets super frustrating when they start getting choosy with their penalties.
the refs were calling it right on both sides all game up until swallowing the yellow laundry on the obvious OPI. Bucs should have had 2nd and 20 from their own 48... clear as day. Sure, Brady may have still gotten them back into FG range, but it would have been very close since we would have been tightly guarding the sidelines and forcing a completion over the middle which would have made things awfully dicey with the timing. Bucs had no timeouts.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
the refs were calling it right on both sides all game up until swallowing the yellow laundry on the obvious OPI. Bucs should have had 2nd and 20 from their own 48... clear as day. Sure, Brady may have still gotten them back into FG range, but it would have been very close since we would have been tightly guarding the sidelines and forcing a completion over the middle which would have made things awfully dicey with the timing. Bucs had no timeouts.
No, I feel ya there! It should have been called no doubt.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I think those were good and borderline by the rule. BUT, the numerous non-calls on holding, OPI and the helmet removal are the calls that killed me. We had to beat the goat and the refs and STILL should have won!!!

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think those were good and borderline by the rule. BUT, the numerous non-calls on holding, OPI and the helmet removal are the calls that killed me. We had to beat the goat and the refs and STILL should have won!!!
the OPI was the only thing I had a problem with. Lavonte David overreacting to the missed interception didn't bother me. It's just a natural overreaction. Let it be.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
the OPI was the only thing I had a problem with. Lavonte David overreacting to the missed interception didn't bother me. It's just a natural overreaction. Let it be.

But, it's an obvious penalty. You can not remove your helmet on the playing field. Not only did he do it, he slammed it to the ground so the refs can make sure they saw it. Over reaction my ***. Why have the rule if you don't enforce it? That would have been a huge 1st down for us in the red zone.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
For the helmet I looked it up and the rule states...

https://sports.yahoo.com/officials-...might-have-cost-cowboys-points-020739280.html

This is from Section 3, Article 1 of the NFL rulebook, which addresses unsportsmanlike conduct: "Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."

So it basically seems to be yet another rule open to official interpretation. Far too many infractions in the NFL today are open to the discretion of the officials. It is killing the game and frustrating every fan base. Everyone thinks their team was hosed almost every game. The bad part is, is that they are right. No one seems to really know the rules anymore.