How would the reaction had been if Dallas won Sunday?

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'd say what I've said way too many times for years. They won in spite of the coaching. But if they allowed Dak to pass on third down or let Tavon return the punt and we had won, we'd have a lot less bad coaching decisions to criticize.

There not a lot of difference between winning and losing in most games, so a few egregious coding blunders at the critical point in the game make for bad, losing, coaching.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dak and Kellen would be geniuses again, all of the incompletions and stuffed run plays would be attributed to being radioed-in overrules by Garrett, and the missed 57 yard field goal would be blamed on Garrett as well for not mentally preparing Maher for the kick...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty doggone sure that loss to Minnesota didn't do Garrett any favors, in view of the way things transpired in that loss. Old mistakes came back to haunt our offense in a most disturbing way, in terms of the persistently ongoing coaching miscues. I'd venture to say it didn't help Kellen Moore's cause at all, either. Too much more forcing of runs that failed to produce on a regular basis. In addition to that, our problems in the secondary seemed to raise their ugly heads again, also. It wasn't a good look, for certain, for our coaching on both sides of the ball. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ShortRound

Reaction score
COWBOYS CONGREGATION SAYS AMEN.

Jkj1RZa.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In JGs latest assessment of this team's difficulties, he again was perfectly willing to place the blame on everyone but himself. Not much of a big shocker there -- it has pretty much become his stock in trade, when things come down to assessing the blame.

It seems extremely strange how someone can see so many things wrong on the part of others, while, at the same time, holding a highly responsible HC position and yet, somehow, still manage to be so doggone free of such frequent and extremely faulty miscues.

It's always the players, other coaches and various assorted unwelcomed circumstances that hold his mistake-ridden team back. The cross he bears must apparently be a heavy burden for one HC so relatively blameless of bearing any personal responsibility whatsoever. It's amazing! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Let's say Dallas scores a TD on that final drive and the defense held up.

Dallas would have won 31-28.

I would imagine fans and the media being much more forgiving of the coaching staff and Zeke's atrocious play.

What would have been made out of that game had it resulted in a last minute W?

Had we won, there wouldn’t have been as much epic, end of the world, doom and gloom, but there STILL would have been way too much negative overreaction:

Dallas wins 31-28...”They escaped!”
Dallas wins bigger...”Minnesota isn’t what we thought they were!”

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Let's say Dallas scores a TD on that final drive and the defense held up.

Dallas would have won 31-28.

I would imagine fans and the media being much more forgiving of the coaching staff and Zeke's atrocious play.

What would have been made out of that game had it resulted in a last minute W?
I believe there would still be a lot of complaints about the slow start, how the Cowboys were lucky Thielen wasn't playing, and tons of reminders it's only one win against a good team and we need to see a few more quality wins before believing.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'd say the exact same thing I have. The coaching sucks but the team is more talented than their opponent. Nothing else has changed in terms of what they can do the rest of the season.