How would you feel about Henry Ruggs at 17?

Jake0

Reaction score
I’m fine with the concept, and can buy into adding a speed threat to the O to help open things up but I have zero desire using the pick in the 1st. I’d consider it in the 2nd, but would be much more comfortable in the 3rd and on. A guy like Darius Slayton who could fly coming out last year but wasn’t polished went mid rounds last year.

Slayton was an outlier that actually fell relative to his draft slot compared to others that were overdrafted in last year's historic speed receiver class. Wouldn't have been a bad 5th round pick at all taking a chance on a SPARQ athlete that was in a terrible passing offense.

It's possible that there could be another Slayton this year as this year's WR crop is loaded. Will have to wait for the combine to see what speed options are available and if there is a good value pick in later rounds.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Slayton was an outlier that actually fell relative to his draft slot compared to others that were overdrafted in last year's historic speed receiver class. Wouldn't have been a bad 5th round pick at all taking a chance on a SPARQ athlete that was in a terrible passing offense.

It's possible that there could be another Slayton this year as this year's WR crop is loaded. Will have to wait for the combine to see what speed options are available and if there is a good value pick in later rounds.

Maybe...but Hardman, McLaurin were all taken outside the top 50.

We’ll likely have options.