Howie Roseman - Master Chessplayer?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Byron Maxwell/DeMarco Murray class. That was horrible. But at least that helped get us Wentz lol. But that was Chip Kelly’s class. Howie just handled the contracts.

Now I feel the evaluators may be Joe Douglas and Doug Pederson helping Howie out. He’s still handling the contracts and trades as that’s his specialty.

Naw, its all just lucky. Good fortune and such.......... lol

Aven8

Reaction score
Nope. He moved on due to playing time. Thought he could find a better defense that would use him more in line with his skill set. As I said, I was sorry to see him go, the Pats missed his talent and depth this year. And hes an all around good guy to boot. It was a pleasure to have him around, even if it was for a single year. I cant say enough good things about Chris Long.

I can actually say a bad thing....he was overdrafted! I thought like most he was the most dominant DE ever in college and it never fully transferred to the NFL game.

Pape

Reaction score
I can actually say a bad thing....he was overdrafted! I thought like most he was the most dominant DE ever in college and it never fully transferred to the NFL game.

can't say i saw enough of the rams games to say that... but i will take your word. they were a pretty moribund franchise for a while there

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
“Howie Roseman - Master Chess Player”

Sure...right up until Philly flames out in the postseason. Then everybody there will be calling for Pedersen and Roseman to be fired.

Please see: Falcons, Atlanta
Eagles won the Superbowl, they didn't flame-out. Also, this thread is a trainwreck. :facepalm: :laugh:

Valorius

Reaction score
I think the whole world outside Philly knew Chip was destined to fail. I was celebrating his hire. His college offense was basically predicated on snapping the ball quickly before the defense was set. There was no way that garbage was going to work in the pros......and then he started unloading a lot of their star players. It was golden while it lasted.

The moment he cut DJack for 0 compensation cause of his big fat ego, i knew he would end up as one of the worst coaching busts in Eagles history.

Valorius

Reaction score
“Howie Roseman - Master Chess Player”

Sure...right up until Philly flames out in the postseason. Then everybody there will be calling for Pedersen and Roseman to be fired.

Please see: Falcons, Atlanta
Roseman and Pederson will be given enormous slack because they actually won the Superbowl.

GenoT

Reaction score
Roseman and Pederson will be given enormous slack because they actually won the Superbowl.
Agree they’ll be given some slack...but unless you’re the Dallas Cowboys FO, the NFL is a “what have you done for me lately?” league.

Valorius

Reaction score
The Eagles have waited for 56 years to win this Superbowl. Pederson and Roseman are now viewed as the great saviors.

Somehow, the fanbase has not given the same deference to Foles. Probably 90% of the fans in Philly want to bench the Superbowl MVP in favor of Wentz, who has proven only that he can have a very good regular season (which Foles has also done).

Stryker44

Reaction score

I thought JJ Watt is the one that is unblockable one on one and even beats double teams?