Video: Humor: Dak Gets Rejected

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being in great shape is somehow a bad thing? Interesting take there.

Ah. You're mistaking 'playing at a lighter weight' with necessarily 'being in better shape.' Which is how you've managed to confuse yourself again about a very, very simple idea.

Dak could both be healthy and play at a higher weight, or a lower weight. This is fairly common for football players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ah. You're mistaking 'playing at a lighter weight' with necessarily 'being in better shape.' Which is how you've managed to confuse yourself again about a very, very simple idea.

Dak could both be healthy and play at a higher weight, or a lower weight. This is fairly common for football players.

He looks trimmed down. He's in better shape. It's obvious. But then again, things aren't always obvious to you. No doubt he will soon say something to affect that he has been working out hard this offseason and hes in the best shape of his life. And you will still deny it. LOL

HungryLion

Reaction score
He looks trimmed down. He's in better shape. It's obvious. But then again, things aren't always obvious to you. No doubt he will soon say something to affect that he has been working out hard this offseason and hes in the best shape of his life. And you will still deny it. LOL

Dak has already said in interviews that he purposefully dropped some weight to try and be quicker and more agile.

I don’t know if he sacrificed any strength in order to drop that weight though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has already said in interviews that he purposefully dropped some weight to try and be quicker and more agile.

I don’t know if he sacrificed any strength in order to drop that weight though.

And there you have it. Case closed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't want to be in a debate on this topic. I said he'd clearly dropped some weight and that it might be a mixed bag given how much he runs. It wasn't a comment that requires defending.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there you have it. Case closed.

We'd all, of course, seen that same report. It doesn't answer anything one way or another, as the poster you're quoting here explicitly pointed out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't want to be in a debate on this topic. I said he'd clearly dropped some weight and that it might be a mixed bag given how much he runs. It wasn't a comment that requires defending.

You said he looks trimmed down and you dont know if thats a good thing or not. My response was..........."how can being in better shape be a bad thing"?

Then of course you want on one of your defensive, insulting tirades.

Dak seems like a big guy naturally. Do you think bulking up with big muscles is good for a QB? How many buff QB's do you see? Quickness, flexibility, maybe some more speed with his legs would certainly be better.

But by all means get defensive.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We'd all, of course, seen that same report. It doesn't answer anything one way or another, as the poster you're quoting here explicitly pointed out.

What it confirms is EXACTLY what I told you. That hes in better shape and has been working to specifically sculpt himself that way.

And what is your point exactly?

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Although, it is nice to see a debate about a players weight, not named Zeke.
:thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said he looks trimmed down and you dont know if thats a good thing or not. My response was..........."how can being in better shape be a bad thing"?...But by all means get defensive.

As I said above, playing at a lower weight is not necessarily an indication he's in better shape, as players routine get bigger to be stronger or lose weight to be quicker from season to season.

I'm not defensive. What you're reading is exasperation. What we're talking about here isn't a difficult distinction to grasp in this case. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although, it is nice to see a debate about a players weight, not named Zeke.
:thumbup:

We had some pretty good debates about Romo's weight, too. Though Romo wasn't exactly beefed up to handle defenders past the LoS better. Romo just had a dad-bod and indulged a bit in the offseason.

We had a thread about this with Irving, too, last week, didn't we? And maybe Crawford. Though in Crawford's case he's actually specifically getting ready to play DE rather than the hybrid role he played previously.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As I said above, playing at a lower weight is not necessarily an indication he's in better shape, as players routine get bigger to be stronger or lose weight to be quicker from season to season.

I'm not defensive. What you're reading is exasperation. What we're talking about here isn't a difficult distinction to grasp in this case. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

We have already confirmed that he did it by working out BY DESIGN to get quicker and in better shape. So your point is now moot. As I said it would be. It only happened faster then even I predicted.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have already confirmed that he did it by working out BY DESIGN to get quicker and in better shape. So your point is now moot. As I said it would be. It only happened faster then even I predicted.

So your assumption is that his playing weight going into his second season was BY ACCIDENT then? Maybe you're right and it didn't occur to the strength and conditioning staff there were options until year three.

Professional athletes experiment with how their weight affects their performance. My point isn't moot. You're just not getting it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We had some pretty good debates about Romo's weight, too. Though Romo wasn't exactly beefed up to handle defenders past the LoS better. Romo just had a dad-bod and indulged a bit in the offseason.

We had a thread about this with Irving, too, last week, didn't we? And maybe Crawford. Though in Crawford's case he's actually specifically getting ready to play DE rather than the hybrid role he played previously.
It was Tank Lawrence that was "fat" last offseason.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Wow!!! The replies here are ridiculous. I don’t care what some people think of Dak’s accuracy. There is no way in hell that he can’t throw a 10 yard pass on the money if he wanted to. He was just ******* around with the guy. For anyone to take this seriously shows a definite agenda. This is just stupid.