Twitter: (Humor) How Tony Romo calls games

GMO415

Reaction score
I really don't know how all these announcers sound. I play music during non Cowboys games.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why is anyone bothering to rip on Romo the announcer? Must be really bored. He is the best in the game.
Only for some that don’t understand the game, why can’t he just stick to the script instead of putting his what’s going to happen opinion into it. He’s wrong more than half the time.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I completely agree. People must be really bored.
It’s not where they like him or dislike him. I said, I like to decide what’s going to happen for myself. I don’t need someone in the booth, trying to do it for me.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I love listening to his games. Hated when he got too excited early in his career, but if you listen you he would tell stories or give insight into his thought process which helped explain why he did some of the things he did when he played.

I do think his prediction play calls is overrated. He is simply looking at the defense and picking the standard move against it or revealing something he learned in prep. It’s almost like watching a blackjack player making all the normal moves. That said, what isn’t impressive is when he gets it wrong and offenses do things they aren’t supposed to do by “the book”. Maybe that’s why teams thought we were predictable.

bandfan

Reaction score
Why is anyone bothering to rip on Romo the announcer? Must be really bored. He is the best in the game.
I seem to notice a pretty direct correlation between signing a big contract and a change of opinion for players, coaches, and broadcasters....especially on this forum....

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Romo is going through the "All announcers SUCK" blowback. Happens with every single announcer.

(not saying this guy isn't spot on, just that I see it being used against Romo as if he sucks)
Yep when it's new and exciting people are on the bandwagon, but then people get bored and then the haters come on board.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I like Romo! He's like the down to earth version of the game announcers

RoboQB

Reaction score
I hope everyone had a chance to listen to John Madden. The best ever.
"BOOM!"
Everyone else is just chasing Madden.
The best ever, indeed.
(Tip of the cap to Pat Summerall as the set up man.)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Take a drink every time Romo says ‘Jim.’ See where that takes you. Hand over your car keys before kickoff.