Image: Humor: Jason Garrett's game plan leaked

Tommy

Reaction score
Not when you are getting a beat down put you.

Or you have a 3rd year QB on your squad that can not throw a decent pass and acts like he has no clue what system he is running.
Or a coach that should be able to recruit killer QBs for his passing system but only manages to get decent QBs that transfer.

Throwing a fit on the sidelines does not make a difference if the end result is the same.
I know man. I was trying to be sarcastic. It didn’t work.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Funny as these are...Just throwing a fit and still losing does not make it much better than clapping...

holgorage.0.gif

danarage.gif

OpenJealousArchaeopteryx.gif

HOLGOBS.gif

Of course...we could just have Holgy tell the Ginger to load up on Red Bull...

danabull_medium.gif
You could just tell em to stay in the locker room. Why even be out there (Garrett) tbh?

Hayseed

Reaction score
Someone REALLY needs to photoshop Garrett on the deck of the Titanic clapping his ars off while its going down. And maybe for good measure you can put in Jerry and the rest of the Jones Gang as the band that continued to play on as its sinking. Lets see,........ Oh,... and Mickey Spags can be the watchman who said...
"ICEBERG? What iceberg??? I dont see a thing" And we fans? Easy,... were the poor bastids left LOCKED in the second class lower decks forced to go down with the ship! :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure. But I don't think that's the point. Jimmy clapped, but no one cared because he won games that mattered.

With Garrett it seems like clapping has effectively become a crutch, "wishful thinking" as opposed to motivation. You can't clap your way into scheming and game management.

It would be the same if some "yelled" their way into such.

Garrett Clapping is just Garrett clapping like any other coach, and there are a multitude of other coaches who do it when a bad play happens...yes even the immortal Bill B.

It has just devolved into yet another reason not to like Garrett and has nothing to do with anything other than a reason to rip on him.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's all about having the Walk-Around Coach concept! That's what Jerry wanted...Garrett is free to walk around and "lead" the team with his clapping

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It's all about having the Walk-Around Coach concept! That's what Jerry wanted...Garrett is free to walk around and "lead" the team with his clapping

No, Jerry didn't want a walk around coach, but Garrett was failing in the dual role capacity, so they relieved him of his playcalling duties.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Garrett Clapping is just Garrett clapping like any other coach, and there are a multitude of other coaches who do it when a bad play happens...yes even the immortal Bill B.

It has just devolved into yet another reason not to like Garrett and has nothing to do with anything other than a reason to rip on him.
Perhaps other coaches do it as much, or perhaps they don't. I don't know. I've watched other games and seen coaches clap, but rarely to the extent as Garrett does. There is nothing quantifiable to this observation and is simply anecdotal. Like i said, nobody cared that Jimmy clapped because he proved himself when it mattered.

It's become a reason not to like Garrett because it seems like that is the extent to his relevance on game day. When a former player like Romo alludes to "motivation" being what he does, completely disengaging from a positive reinforcement of his football knowledge, it only reinforces this notion.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Lovie Smith, Ron Rivera look all pretty quiet and numb on the side lines, would that be better?

wssaustin

Reaction score
For some reason, there are fans who love to see a coach lose it on the sidelines. I guess it's because they're losing it in their living room and they see it as he cares as much as them...or something.

Jimmy Johnson was good at controlled emotion. He knew when to throw a fit, and when to keep his cool. That's passion and leadership.

WVU's coach loses control and throws a fit. It's not the same thing, and guys like me just give it one of these :rolleyes: after a while.

I love this guy.
209641333.jpg

dpjv8zyb0jh42xeeoyid.jpg

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Funny as these are...Just throwing a fit and still losing does not make it much better than clapping...

holgorage.0.gif

danarage.gif

OpenJealousArchaeopteryx.gif

HOLGOBS.gif

Of course...we could just have Holgy tell the Ginger to load up on Red Bull...

danabull_medium.gif
lol, good one..... back in Jimmy's day, if he ever got that mad, the team didn't dare lose.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
The decibel levels at home games in Jerry's World has been increasing slightly ever since Jason became head coach......This can be directly correlated to his clapping getting louder and more intense each season! Jason's ultimate goal of helping create home field advantage is working! He's doing a great job guys!

Now as far as calling plays, adjusting to the opposing team's game plan, and game management......hes still learning on the job...... its a process!