Hunter Luepke - "Lil Mike Alstott"

mmohican29

Reaction score
He's a useful player. He can can catch, and he has balance.
The one run I thought he was tripping over his shoelace. But he got the 1st. I'd get him involved carrying the rock a bit more, but I'm not sold.

He does have good hands.

blueblood70

Reaction score

why not moose I mean aren't they wearing the same number playing for the same team and have a little of the same game I mean it's hard to tell because you know moose were all those big pads and all that hardware players nowadays are wearing hardly any pads they have tiny shoulder pads so it's hard to really make a comp like that but to me i'm seeing a little moose in him.

I got to admit and mostly this is because Mike McCarthy doesn't know how to utilize the running backroom or any players that could give us an advantage like Turpin but I was hard on hunter I thought maybe he should be cut like before the season 'cause we don't use full backs very much we had tons of tight ends so how is he gonna fit in as an H back and what not but now I think we need to give him a bigger role.

And I also think there's a reason that Ezekiel Elliott sitting on the bench more rico's a slightly better runner but everything that Ezekiel Elliott can do hunter can do almost as well now he's blocking , can go out for a pass every now and again short yardage runs...

i think he'll get better over the year if he gets more opportunities.

MOOSEEEEEEEEE...

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s contributing in limited snaps. Might need to involve him in more.
right, but we are talking about mike mccarth who cant even utilize most of our weapons correctly.. ie Turpin , Vaughn and the RB rotation all bass ackwards!! this vanilla O is terrible i hate the play calls...

somehow you think he will build upon Hunters talents? LOL ? doubtful

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even still, as the QB of the Cowboys, he should at least be familiar with its history!! I mean, who doesn't know the "Moose".
I mean I don’t know. He’s a few years younger than me I barely remember him. Moose doesn’t get his due like others from that era do. I do remember Alstott though. Arguably the best fb of all time.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
McCarthy just doesn't know how to use a FB. I think they should be in some Pro sets and I formations on 1st down, with Loepke and a HB. Then you could run or use play action fairly easily. I know McCarthy is not going to adjust to his talent so...oh well. He'll be gone in a few months, so maybe the next guy can figure out how to consistently use a solid FB.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He's not Mike Alstot...and yet...I do like him. He's HELLA athletic for a tight end...err.. fullback and has great hands. Swiss army knife and I see why they kept him around. That play he made early with Dak's scramble was the play of the game for me...aside from Aubrey's 60 yarder.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's not Mike Alstot...and yet...I do like him. He's HELLA athletic for a tight end...err.. fullback and has great hands. Swiss army knife and I see why they kept him around. That play he made early with Dak's scramble was the play of the game for me...aside from Aubrey's 60 yarder.
Yep.. He’s a Swiss Army Knife.

Can play FB, RB, and TE.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He has some good hands. I think a lot of his big plays in college was small passes he took to the house. He can be Daks dump off guy.