Hurd Or Austin Who Wins?

fortdick

Reaction score
Austin will not make this team. If he does, we will go 5-11! He's an UDFA and our scouts are crud now that Parcells has left. It's jerruh up to his old tricks.

That's my Nors impression.

Reaction score
Bizwah;2174631 said:
I have to disagree.

He doesn't need a big PS.

Guys like Amendola, Bradford, and Jefferson do.

Ya! IMO, Bradford and Jefferson are guys outside looking in. I just don't see how they make it.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
From all that I've read about TC this year I am inclined to think Hurd is out front by a pretty good margin. Austin has more speed and better size but Hurd is smarter and works harder at it. Austin is said to drop too many passes and does not run as disciplined routes. I'm actually disappointed in Austin because if he had Hurd's work ethic and studied as hard there would likely be no contest since he is more athletically gifted.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Not a great sample but based on the little I saw, I think it's Hurd...But they both could be instrumental

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Jack ive never heard anything to suggest that Miles is not intelligent and does not study as much as hurd, i thinks its just that Miles drops to many balls.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hurd, he is just the better WR. Miles may be faster and he will get his specialty plays but it will be Hurd that is counted on.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2174684 said:
Jack ive never heard anything to suggest that Miles is not intelligent and does not study as much as hurd, i thinks its just that Miles drops to many balls.
This camp its been reported that he has caught the ball pretty well. Lets give him a chance.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2174684 said:
I'm not saying that Austin is lazy or does not study. I just do not hear of him putting in extra work after practice and doing the little things to try and get better. Whereas, I am constantly hearing is that Hurd goes the extra mile, He was first known as a rookie for working with TO after practice to learn the little nuances of the position. And from what I hear he is still the one most likely to be seen putting in the extra work.

I’m not anti-Austin; in fact I would like nothing better than to see him win the job because of his speed and size. I just don’t get the impression that he tries as hard a Hurd does. Maybe that is because he is more physically gifted.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I do think that if Stanback, by the end of preseason, was able to do what they would like Austin to do they could trade Austin to Miami because I know BP liked him.

I don't think Austin gets cut by any stretch of the imagination. With the strength we have at CB with the top 5 I don't see any reason to keep 6.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
JackMagist;2174705 said:
I'm not saying that Austin is lazy or does not study. I just do not hear of him putting in extra work after practice and doing the little things to try and get better. Whereas, I am constantly hearing is that Hurd goes the extra mile, He was first known as a rookie for working with TO after practice to learn the little nuances of the position. And from what I hear he is still the one most likely to be seen putting in the extra work.

I’m not anti-Austin; in fact I would like nothing better than to see him win the job because of his speed and size. I just don’t get the impression that he tries as hard a Hurd does. Maybe that is because he is more physically gifted.
I agree that it at least appears that Hurd has the better work ethic and desire. But I've never read/heard anything questioning Austin's work eithic either.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2174591 said:
i rooting for austin!

if he continues to do good...and blows up in preseason..we will keep him..n i think he could start.
When Austin has the ball in his hands, things happen.

Now if we can just get it in there.