Twitter: Hurns visiting

CWR

Reaction score
Based on what? 2015 season alone?

They weren't available for the most part. And the few that were got overpaid.

The one viable short term option I saw was Jordy Nelson. I'd have gladly given him $15 million over two years and I think he's the one that might have adequately replaced Dez.

I think Nelson would have been a good influence on Dak and a reliable target and route runner that a still developing quarterback really needs.

Twill has had Romo passing to him most his career while Hurns has been saddled with Bortels. I dont think theyd be comparable had Hurns been with a better qb. Sorry just my opinion but I believe Hurns is a better WR.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Twill has had Romo passing to him most his career while Hurns has been saddled with Bortels. I dont think theyd be comparable had Hurns been with a better qb. Sorry just my opinion but I believe Hurns is a better WR.

No need to apologize for having and opinion, or expressing it. That's why we're here.

You may be right, but it's a hypothesis that can never be proven.

Conversely, I can take note of how Terrance Williams' numbers have suffered since he's had Dak Prescott as his quarterback.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't know about that comparison, Russ can really throw the football.

He’s ok..

He’s nothing special as a passer but he’s still productive..

That’s how I view Dak. Nothing special as a passer but still productive. Neither guy is making anyone around them better.

Big_D

Reaction score
What is this "Dak friendly" bs I keep reading on this board? How about the guy learns how to throw an accurate football beyond 10 yards and then the offense can be friendly for everybody.

But Dak's here for the foreseeable future. Yes accuracy is an issue, so now it's up to the coaches to maximize what he does well. I see him drop in some very nice throws at times, so you know he has the ability? but for whatever reason him and 88 aren't on the same page. Too bad the term got beaten to death when Jerry coined the offense Romo-friendly, but right now there are things this team can do to help Prescott. Stop with the empty backfield. That certainly isn't doing him any favors. Throw to the RBs more, Zeke should be in the 60/80 catch range, run often, that one should be obvious . , . get all the TEs involved. This is where the chess match comes in and finding out where you're strengths are. I'm really not seeing that with these coaches. But I know forcing what isn't there hasn't been working. Can't just continue with the square peg in a round hole. Strengths and weaknesses evolve. I think it's time to update the philosophy a little. This isn't Romo back there. The coach definitely has to adjust to that.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
But Id take him on the field over Twill.
Man! O.K. sure! Sometimes #83(,, er,,,maybe more than should be expected) disseminates like a vapor during the game(games),,, but still ! having him on the field with a Q.B. like a #9 caliber ,who could continually rifle the ball enough to him to get timely/ worthy production outta' him,,,as I seem to recall.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Man! O.K. sure! Sometimes #83(,, er,,,maybe more than should be expected) disseminates like a vapor during the game(games),,, but still ! having him on the field with a Q.B. like a #9 caliber ,who could continually rifle the ball enough to him to get timely/ worthy production outta' him,,,as I seem to recall.

Twill has had his moments no doubt. I think we have seen his best though. We know he cant be a wr1. Hurns however, I feel has a greater ceiling.

No doubt Im down on our wrs and looking for change for the sake of change lol.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Twill has had his moments no doubt. I think we have seen his best though. We know he cant be a wr1. Hurns however, I feel has a greater ceiling.

No doubt Im down on our wrs and looking for change for the sake of change lol.
I know:lmao:, it's just I do tend to grow attached to ( like a hat or pair of boots) that's rendered several years of comfortable & stalwart service to me,yet really aren't fashionably suitable for planned public outings anymore and I know it's Still worthy to wear on my dying day,,,someone other than me will have to sling them in a dumpster ,my view is they can retire in a corner & collect dust o_O

:starspin: