Twitter: Hurns visiting

phildadon86

Reaction score
Exactly 6 points over an entire career.

There's grasping at straws............. and then there's this.
There is complaining about everything and then there is you. So I guess we are even. At the end of the day, if he replaces Beasely then we really argued about this for nothing. You keep missing the 2 things I keep saying. Blocking and hands. It doesn't fit your narrative. Hurns is a better FOOTBALL player than Williams. I keep saying it and you keep ignoring it.

Carson

Reaction score
I said it earlier

IMO if they sign him it’s

Outside - Dez, Williams
Slot - Hurns

Backup and special teams - Switzer and Brown

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I said it earlier

IMO if they sign him it’s

Outside - Dez, Williams
Slot - Hurns

Backup and special teams - Switzer and Brown
Nah, no way they just leave Beasley on the bench; he's their slot guy. If Hurns is here, Dez isn't.

John813

Reaction score
I'd venture and say if we sign him it's to cut Dez, and please note I'm not on the Anti-Dez crusade.

The Natural

Reaction score
I think Dak will be a productive QB but I think he's like Russell Wilson in the fact that he's just going to be a playmaker for the offense and not a guy that can get his guys the ball in tight windows.
I don't know about that comparison, Russ can really throw the football.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nah, no way they just leave Beasley on the bench; he's their slot guy. If Hurns is here, Dez isn't.
LOL. Wow. Not gonna happen. This has gotta stop already. You don't cut a 10 TD a year player and the franchise leader in TDs for a number 2 WR. Why people don't get this is beyond me. This is to help dez not cut him.

John813

Reaction score
LOL. Wow. Not gonna happen. This has gotta stop already. You don't cut a 10 TD a year player and the franchise leader in TDs for a number 2 WR. Why people don't get this is beyond me. This is to help dez not cut him.

I know this isn't directed at me, but, I just have a feeling Stephen wants to push Dez out.
His comments about Dez weren't re-assuring imo and the fact we went after Watkins day 1 says something too.

Say we give Hurns a deal around 8-9 mil a year. And then just straight up cut/move Dez with no June 1st designation.

We take a 8mil dead cap hit but save 8.5mil this year. Then next year we are in the free and clear. The Hurns signing eats the cap space this year but we are + 8mil next year.

Maybe the FO could think that the dropoff from Dez to a guy like Hurns would be worth 8mil in cap space in 19/20.

Carson

Reaction score

Beasley has more value trade wise and more manageable being released.

Only way Dez is gone is if Stephen really wants him gone

At this point we are all debating and arguing something very unlikely to happen

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is complaining about everything and then there is you. So I guess we are even. At the end of the day, if he replaces Beasely then we really argued about this for nothing. You keep missing the 2 things I keep saying. Blocking and hands. It doesn't fit your narrative. Hurns is a better FOOTBALL player than Williams. I keep saying it and you keep ignoring it.

You can "say" it as many times as you want, it doesn't make it true. You pulled up the numbers and proved my point. And in your desperation, you saw the one area where Hurns had a better number - one touchdown - and you held onto that for dear life.

Williams is always credited as being this team's best blocking receiver, but because you think Hurns is good at it, that makes it true? It doesn't.

And now it's suddenly about "replacing Beasley". It sure obvious that you will continue to grasp at each and any straws you can to endorse this move. What's next? Overpaying Hurns to replace Brice Butler?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't even know why we are arguing. Its not like we are going to sign him anyways. A gift card to Whataburger is not going to be enough. @stasheroo

You know things are slow when a subject like Hurns gets this much action!
:laugh:

Yesterday, it was a fullback!

phildadon86

Reaction score
I know this isn't directed at me, but, I just have a feeling Stephen wants to push Dez out.
His comments about Dez weren't re-assuring imo and the fact we went after Watkins day 1 says something too.

Say we give Hurns a deal around 8-9 mil a year. And then just straight up cut/move Dez with no June 1st designation.

We take a 8mil dead cap hit but save 8.5mil this year. Then next year we are in the free and clear. The Hurns signing eats the cap space this year but we are + 8mil next year.

Maybe the FO could think that the dropoff from Dez to a guy like Hurns would be worth 8mil in cap space in 19/20.
Jerry wont cut Dez. Not going to happen. Stephen can pretend he is in control as much as he wants. A decision like cutting Dez goes thru Jerry. Not Stephen. Dez stays this year. I think next year he will be out as well as Witten and we will see the full on regime change here. HC and down

John813

Reaction score
Jerry wont cut Dez. Not going to happen. Stephen can pretend he is in control as much as he wants. A decision like cutting Dez goes thru Jerry. Not Stephen. Dez stays this year. I think next year he will be out as well as Witten and we will see the full on regime change here. HC and down

Didn't Stephen win the battle over T.O. being cut? I can't recall
Anywho, fine with rocking what we have if Hurns wants to get the biggest deal possible.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

jester---4 years ago Hurns ran a slow 40 in combine....4.57...i heard he is not especially good route runner?...not really sure...you know Jerry Rice ran in the 4.6's and was best receiver in NFL history...but his route running and work ethic were unparalleled...i heard on "the Break"...comments about Hurns...and they brought up in 2016 when Dez was hurt for 3 games and how well cowboys did that maybe Cowboys dont care if they have a traditional #1 if they have a beastly O Line and Zeke for 16 games and an improved Dak?..i think at some point soon they are going to move away from Dez and his big contract...because Daks passing rating to Dez was like in the 60's and 90 something to everyone else...so in a way the Dak/Dez combo actually makes cowboys worse?...interesting podcat?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I doubt he will sign here. He has 10+ teams interested. Going to likely go to a good team with some money
mr scary face clown--- the Jets have no real receivers and over 80 million in cap space..Hurns could cash in

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I didn't say they'd cut Dez. I said they'd cut Dez IF they sign Hurns.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Career numbers for Hurns- 2,669 YDS 14.1 AVG 21 TDs
Career Numbers for Williams-3,359 YDS 14.6 AVG 20 TDs

Where does he outpace him? In yards? By .5 of a yard average? You need to stop saying he has outpaced him. He hasn't. And he is a year younger. They are almost identical players. Except Hurns uses his hands and is a better blocker from what I have read. @stasheroo
Plus he had Bortles throwing to him while Williams had mostly Romo.

Reactions: CWR