Hypothetical Question about QB

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Ok this is not a Dak bash thread, i think he's a stand up person great QB. But since that calf pull after the ankle break he's been struggling. Id like to know Hypothetically say he's still struggling at the start of the year and finishes the year off not so great & we don't make the playoffs. If your Cowboys do you draft a backup/Replacement in the 1st 3 rounds just incase he continues to drop off to do you let it ride with him. Remember we are going to have to Cut his buddy sometime in the next 24 months which will also play havoc on his mental well being. Oh and If we fail to make the playoffs we most likely will be looking at a new Coach as well.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak said it himself that the calf issue was not the cause of his problems the 2nd half of the season. He said he simply didn't play well and I believe him. Why do some fans insist he's lying?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Dak said it himself that the calf issue was not the cause of his problems the 2nd half of the season. He said he simply didn't play well and I believe him. Why do some fans insist he's lying?
no i dont think he was lying if thats what your asking, but that still does not answer the proposed question. IF your cowboys front office do you draft someone?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
no i dont think he was lying if thats what your asking, but that still does not answer the proposed question. IF your cowboys front office do you draft someone?

Yes, they should be looking for an eventual replacement for Dak, mainly because I don't think Dak will finish out his contract. If they don't do it next off season it will be a huge mistake.

The bigger problem for me is this - if Dak knew he wasn't playing well, why didn't he try to improve? Was the passion gone after the ridiculous contract he was given? Was there no longer anything left worth busting his butt for?

dckid

Reaction score
Ok this is not a Dak bash thread, i think he's a stand up person great QB. But since that calf pull after the ankle break he's been struggling. Id like to know Hypothetically say he's still struggling at the start of the year and finishes the year off not so great & we don't make the playoffs. If your Cowboys do you draft a backup/Replacement in the 1st 3 rounds just incase he continues to drop off to do you let it ride with him. Remember we are going to have to Cut his buddy sometime in the next 24 months which will also play havoc on his mental well being. Oh and If we fail to make the playoffs we most likely will be looking at a new Coach as well.
I would draft a QB every year. Dak is JAG by definition.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yes, they should be looking for an eventual replacement for Dak, mainly because I don't think Dak will finish out his contract. If they don't do it next off season it will be a huge mistake.

The bigger problem for me is this - if Dak knew he wasn't playing well, why didn't he try to improve? Was the passion gone after the ridiculous contract he was given? Was there no longer anything left worth busting his butt for?

I really don’t think it’s his effort. I think he gets in his own head and probably tries too hard to pull out of the slump. He just needs to figure out how to get out of his own way sometimes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

No this was actually one of Dak's better years.

Cowboys were #1 in yards and #1 in scoring and Dak broke the all time Cowboys TD record for a QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I draft a QB regardless and have him ready to take over as soon as Dak's contract is up.

I've seen enough of Dak to know that he's not playing well 3 or 4 games in a row against playoff caliber teams like we'll need him to do for us to win a Super Bowl.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I really don’t think it’s his effort. I think he gets in his own head and probably tries too hard to pull out of the slump. He just needs to figure out how to get out of his own way sometimes.

i really think that is anyone in a stressful position, im trying to move, sell a house and get a Certification. im my own worst enemy most days.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Do you really have no clue why the offense struggled in the 2nd half of the season? You really think it was just the QB playing worse?
The problem was WR quitting on the team, inability to Run the ball + stop the run Not to mention Qb making some bad decisions. yeah i watched it. but you know Cowboys will put blame on QB & not everything else... its happened time and time again.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should look in other areas if the goal is improving along the current trajectory. Dak is a top 10 QB, Rush is a competent back up. He's won in this league when Dak went down. QB IMO should be drafted next year or the year after that so he can be groomed. Your never gonna stop the foolish amongst us that always want who we ain't got , to start. If Dan Quinn can get some of our young, raw dudes to POP. If we hit on Ball and Smith, then we will win the big one or Dak will be seen as not getting it done, and we'll move on.

Either way Qb is not something we need be concerned about right now

about missing the playoffs.......... It ain't happening not only will we make the playoffs, we make the next step towards building a champion. Maybe win a home playoff game.

won't it be fun around here when that happens??? Peyton stays in broadcasting, MM proves the doubters wrong

Trolls go into trollie protection program. even the Jerry and Stephen haterz go into rehab

AH Bliss in Cowboys Nation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The problem was WR quitting on the team, inability to Run the ball + stop the run Not to mention Qb making some bad decisions. yeah i watched it. but you know Cowboys will put blame on QB & not everything else... its happened time and time again.

NO buddy, not that complicated. The Oline went in the toilet. Thats the fastest way to ruin an offense. When the QB gets pressure and less time, then he cant do his job properly. And when the are no holes and the Dline gets penetration, the RB has nowhere to go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should look in other areas if the goal is improving along the current trajectory. Dak is a top 10 QB, Rush is a competent back up. He's won in this league when Dak went down. QB IMO should be drafted next year or the year after that so he can be groomed. Your never gonna stop the foolish amongst us that always want who we ain't got , to start. If Dan Quinn can get some of our young, raw dudes to POP. If we hit on Ball and Smith, then we will win the big one or Dak will be seen as not getting it done, and we'll move on.

Either way Qb is not something we need be concerned about right now

about missing the playoffs.......... It ain't happening not only will we make the playoffs, we make the next step towards building a champion. Maybe win a home playoff game.

won't it be fun around here when that happens??? Peyton stays in broadcasting, MM proves the doubters wrong

Trolls go into trollie protection program. even the Jerry and Stephen haterz go into rehab

AH Bliss in Cowboys Nation

We are all set at QB for the next 7 years. He is one of the best in the business and in his prime. We just have to hope he doesnt get hurt.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
:popcorn:

50 page Dak free for all thread?