Hypothetical Question about QB

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His calf may have been healthy, but that injury lingers more in your head than in your body. I like to think that it played a part, he rushed many throws. He played well, but he should be much better next year if it did play a part.
It's called "Deer in the headlights" syndrome.......and this will never change!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a chance in my mind he gave a thumbs up to move on from Amari. Dak didn’t start becoming real productive until we traded for Amari. He made a number of big plays for us. No way was Dak on board with this move. It came down to money and the cap. We re-signed a receiver coming off an ACL that might not be ready for the start of the regular season. We could be starting the regular season pretty shorthanded at receiver.
Disagree, his targets were Lamb and Schultz and neither mentioned "targets" in the media suggesting it was the QB.

When they acquired Cooper, it was different and it became different after they acquired Lamb. Did they need a 20M WR with Lamb?

That comment Cooper made about targets? He was correct, Prescott was not coming to him as much as he should have and I had to wonder why.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are wrong....I had a complete reconstruction of my ankle....it took me quite a while to regain full confidence in it. You're just stuck in your dislike and .......this will never change. That's cool, it provides many of us with some good laughs. Salud, buddy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Disagree, his targets were Lamb and Schultz and neither mentioned "targets" in the media suggesting it was the QB.

When they acquired Cooper, it was different and it became different after they acquired Lamb. Did they need a 20M WR with Lamb?

That comment Cooper made about targets? He was correct, Prescott was not coming to him as much as he should have and I had to wonder why.

Amari had the same number of targets 104 as Dalton Schultz. CeeDee had 120 targets as a slot receiver and he played one more game than Amari. We’ll see what happens when all the coverage rolls over to him this season. In a radio interview that was posted here Cooper seemed to be pointing the finger at Kellen Moore as to why he wasn’t being targeted as much. Gallup is likely to miss some games at the start of the season and probably won’t return to form until 2023. All the focus is going to be on CeeDee. We’re going to feel the loss of Cooper.

sbark

Reaction score
NFL Network speculated that the Titans traded up for Malik Willis out of fear that the Cowboys would take him
The 2022 NFL Draft featured only one quarterback taken in the first round, Pitt’s Kenny Pickett, appropriately to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was a long ways until Desmond Ridder heard his name called by the Atlanta Falcons, and a bit longer until Malik Willis went to the Tennessee Titans. As far as the latter is concerned, his new team actually traded up for him and leapfrogged the Cowboys in the process to do so.

Willis would go at pick number 86 and two spots later Dallas took wide receiver Jalen Tolbert. While that all seemed pretty normal and chalk on Monday, it was speculated by NFL Network that the Titans could have jumped the way that they did partly in fear that Dallas may have wanted to draft Willis themselves.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ott-nfl-network-tennessee-titans-traded-up-qb
Maybe the front office already hypothicatin'

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
no i dont think he was lying if thats what your asking, but that still does not answer the proposed question. IF your cowboys front office do you draft someone?
Might want to look at the OL, run game, and OC,...down the stretch it was more about mealtimes, mistakes and total team drop off..that why.,,

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are wrong....I had a complete reconstruction of my ankle....it took me quite a while to regain full confidence in it. You're just stuck in your dislike and .......this will never change. That's cool, it provides many of us with some good laughs. Salud, buddy.

Here you go a prime example of his Deer in the headlights issue.....prior to his injury!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Here's my thought about the injury - Like I already said, Dak admitted he didn't play well and totally dismissed the notion that his performance drop was due to the injury. So why do his homers insist that the injury HAS to be the cause for his issues when he admitted he just didn't put forth the necessary effort?

It is what it is..... but the effort better return. He's paid way too much to slack off and not put forth his best effort every week.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my thought about the injury - Like I already said, Dak admitted he didn't play well and totally dismissed the notion that his performance drop was due to the injury. So why do his homers insist that the injury HAS to be the cause for his issues when he admitted he just didn't put forth the necessary effort?

It is what it is..... but the effort better return. He's paid way too much to slack off and not put forth his best effort every week.

They will excuse Dak till hell freezes over.
Ask these Cowboy fans how many more years at this pay rate are they giving Dak to take us to at least the NFC Championship game???
They don't care as long as Mr.Prescott is under center!!!
This is the sad fact of this so-called Cowboy fan base.....

morat1959

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should look in other areas if the goal is improving along the current trajectory. Dak is a top 10 QB, Rush is a competent back up. He's won in this league when Dak went down. QB IMO should be drafted next year or the year after that so he can be groomed. Your never gonna stop the foolish amongst us that always want who we ain't got , to start. If Dan Quinn can get some of our young, raw dudes to POP. If we hit on Ball and Smith, then we will win the big one or Dak will be seen as not getting it done, and we'll move on.

Either way Qb is not something we need be concerned about right now

about missing the playoffs.......... It ain't happening not only will we make the playoffs, we make the next step towards building a champion. Maybe win a home playoff game.

won't it be fun around here when that happens??? Peyton stays in broadcasting, MM proves the doubters wrong

Trolls go into trollie protection program. even the Jerry and Stephen haterz go into rehab

AH Bliss in Cowboys Nation
You are clueless. Have you ever dressed out on a field?

morat1959

Reaction score
Good ankle, bad ankle, no ankle….none of this matters. His problem is between the ears.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here you go a prime example of his Deer in the headlights issue.....prior to his injury!

Lol!! Looks like Brady when the Giants whooped up on him I. The SB......pathetic to think Dak is the only one that has had plays like that.
.LOL. you crack me up.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In my earlier post, I said that I hoped that it played a part. I don't consider that insisting.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok this is not a Dak bash thread, i think he's a stand up person great QB. But since that calf pull after the ankle break he's been struggling. Id like to know Hypothetically say he's still struggling at the start of the year and finishes the year off not so great & we don't make the playoffs. If your Cowboys do you draft a backup/Replacement in the 1st 3 rounds just incase he continues to drop off to do you let it ride with him. Remember we are going to have to Cut his buddy sometime in the next 24 months which will also play havoc on his mental well being. Oh and If we fail to make the playoffs we most likely will be looking at a new Coach as well.

The calf is an excuse. The problem was the teams we were facing. They were either better or wanted it more. Games against Atlanta, Giants, Eagles, and Wash. all came after the calf. No problems. Games against KC and AZ, must be the calf.

Dak has his limitations. But our offense is getting pushed around and roughed up as a whole. It's as if their intensity level is not on even ground with our opponent's defense. That has to stop.

Moving on from Dak is problematic. To say the least. I'd worry more about why our offense is seemingly soft when they can't overwhelm their opponent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
NFL Network speculated that the Titans traded up for Malik Willis out of fear that the Cowboys would take him
The 2022 NFL Draft featured only one quarterback taken in the first round, Pitt’s Kenny Pickett, appropriately to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was a long ways until Desmond Ridder heard his name called by the Atlanta Falcons, and a bit longer until Malik Willis went to the Tennessee Titans. As far as the latter is concerned, his new team actually traded up for him and leapfrogged the Cowboys in the process to do so.

Willis would go at pick number 86 and two spots later Dallas took wide receiver Jalen Tolbert. While that all seemed pretty normal and chalk on Monday, it was speculated by NFL Network that the Titans could have jumped the way that they did partly in fear that Dallas may have wanted to draft Willis themselves.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ott-nfl-network-tennessee-titans-traded-up-qb
Maybe the front office already hypothicatin'
Wrong.

It's BSPN creating rumors about the Cowboys for hits.

:espn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The calf is an excuse. The problem was the teams we were facing. They were either better or wanted it more. Games against Atlanta, Giants, Eagles, and Wash. all came after the calf. No problems. Games against KC and AZ, must be the calf.

Dak has his limitations. But our offense is getting pushed around and roughed up as a whole. It's as if their intensity level is not on even ground with our opponent's defense. That has to stop.

Moving on from Dak is problematic. To say the least. I'd worry more about why our offense is seemingly soft when they can't overwhelm their opponent.
O
L
I
N
E
!!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
These type of threads bring the Dak quarterback haters out like a moth to flame.

Flamma

Reaction score
O
L
I
N
E
!!!!

I think it goes beyond that. Motivation in general. This pattern we see goes back to 2019. We got out to a great 3-0 start beating up on bad teams. The second better teams showed up, we saw the same as we did this past season.

It was harder to spot in 2020 because our defense was so bad, and Dak got injured early. Games against Atlanta, Cleveland, and the 0-4 Giants. We won 2 of them, but got out to bad starts like we saw against better teams all last year.