Hypothetical: What's the final margin of victory (or defeat) if (a) McCaffrey played

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I missed this game due to work, how did Dak do?
Dak Prescott completed 14 of 22 passes for 188 yards and four touchdowns, he was solid once the O line settled in near the end of the 1st half and the 3rd qtr especially, he also had a couple of nice runs

_sturt_

Reaction score
It's just not that hard, folks.

If you have answers to a, b and c that were actually asked, please humor me and give your thinking.

If you don't, that's fine. I respect that. But why are you here? This is crazy.... hehe.

Proof

Reaction score
but no Tank... (b) if Tank played, but no McCaffrey... and (c) if both played.

I'll venture a guess first, I suppose...

With McCaffrey, but no Tank:
I'll say we win by 1, but it's really a matter of who would have the ball last.

With Tank, but no McCaffrey:
Think it's plausible one of those CAR TDs end up a FG instead, so to my mind, the margin is 12.

With both:
Think they both represent similar values to their side of the ball, so I'll stick with the actual margin, 8.

Interested in others' perspectives (self-evidently).

mccaffrey is a weapon, but honestly i feel like they utilized dj more a lot like they typically would him. i think we'd have been more aggressive offensively if he'd played and the result wouldve been similar.

Qcard

Reaction score

Think it's plausible one of those CAR TDs end up a FG instead, so to my mind, the margin is 12.

With both:
Think they both represent similar values to their side of the ball, so I'll stick with the actual margin, 8.

Doesn't matter...Parsons and Diggs arguably are the best players on both teams with McCaffrey tied for close 2nd

JayFord

Reaction score
i no longer look at other teams injuries

Dallas hasnt fielded a healthy team in so long i cant remember

quickccc

Reaction score
What's the margin of victory if Dlaw, Gallup, Collins, or Neal are in the game too ?

the same we have to deal with our injuries, and make do.
The same way Panthers need to deal with their injuries, and make do.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's interesting to read others' perspectives. (In this case, as it pertains to McCaffrey's value to them, and Tank's value to us, in some quantitative terms.) It's a lot of what I come here to do, actually.

Friends... it's not a statement wrapped in a question. It's a God-honest question... for the reason given.

Stop the silly cynicism. It's not an under-the-breath attack to ask a question. And you're not making yourself superior to another person just because you decide to post a non-answer. In fact, you're making yourself seem a little desperate to gain some air of superiority to post at all, if that's your perspective. Most of us just move on when a thread doesn't interest us.

Vanilla2

Reaction score

With both:

Always looking for the asterisk I see

_sturt_

Reaction score
Always looking for the asterisk I see

LWR_Recording.png

And.

You don't have to look in Houston. It's just there. No one else's fault but their own.

Wanna talk about that, or the topic of this thread? And yes, that question is, indeed, a statement wrapped in a question.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
LWR_Recording.png

And.

You don't have to look in Houston. It's just there. No one else's fault but their own.

Wanna talk about that, or the topic of this thread? And yes, that question is, indeed, a statement wrapped in a question.

I don’t care aboot the Astros and I don’t care about any discussion about how the game could’ve gone had one of their players played. He didn’t play and I don’t care to attach an asterisk to a nice Cowboys win.

lqmac1

Reaction score

With both:

Who cares?

We have a fair amount of starters missing as well.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I don’t care aboot the Astros and I don’t care about any discussion about how the game could’ve gone had one of their players played. He didn’t play and I don’t care to attach an asterisk to a nice Cowboys win.

Who cares?

We have a fair amount of starters missing as well.
What's the margin of victory if Dlaw, Gallup, Collins, or Neal are in the game too ?

the same we have to deal with our injuries, and make do.
The same way Panthers need to deal with their injuries, and make do.

Doesn't matter who did\didn't play. You play who is in front of you and today we won.

i no longer look at other teams injuries

Dallas hasnt fielded a healthy team in so long i cant remember

Doesn't matter...Parsons and Diggs arguably are the best players on both teams with McCaffrey tied for close 2nd

R.976d437a4e5b4b048c4d503a24ad78fe

Flag. Flag. And more flags.

Multiple posts completely irrelveant... a situation that could be resolved by simply reading the previous post (and mulitple ones ahead of it) which debunked the idea that this thread is somehow something less than a sincere question interested to hear how some fans think McCaffery and Lawrence may have impacted the game's outcome... and moreover, that it makes any sense that people decide to post to threads where you have no interest in the actual substance/question of the OP.

Stop the damn presumptive policing of others' threads. Read. Comprehend. Be slow to presume you get it.
Many of you obviously didn't. Many of you obviously leaped to the thought that you needed to defend the win when that wasn't at all the intent, and by now, that was most definitely well-established.

It's just not that hard, folks.

If you have answers to a, b and c that were actually asked, please humor me and give your thinking.

If you don't, that's fine. I respect that. But why are you here? This is crazy.... hehe.

With both:

lqmac1

Reaction score

Multiple posts completely irrelveant... a situation that could be resolved by simply reading the previous post (and mulitple ones ahead of it) which debunked the idea that this thread is somehow something less than a sincere question interested to hear how some fans think McCaffery and Lawrence may have impacted the game's outcome... and moreover, that it makes any sense that people decide to post to threads where you have no interest in the actual substance/question of the OP.

Stop the damn presumptive policing of others' threads. Read. Comprehend. Be slow to presume you get it.
Many of you obviously didn't. Many of you obviously leaped to the thought that you needed to defend the win when that wasn't at all the intent, and by now, that was most definitely well-established.

Who cares?

ultron

Reaction score
Who cares, the guy gets hurt all the time and so does Saquon. Neither of them are reliable enough to even be a concern.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The better question is what if Jake Delhomme...he at least was in a SB.

Qcard

Reaction score

Doesn't matter...our opinions do count:lmao2:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Doesn't matter...our opinions do count

Absolutely.

But no one is wrong to request just a little maturity, and for those with opinions to post their opinions in threads where their opinions are actually relevant.

There is something to be said for self-policing, and discernment, and responding in this thread to the questions actually asked, not the question you want to answer.

Indeed, fortunately, there is no fee for posting new threads, making it possible for anyone to post whatever opinion they so desire as long as it conforms to board rules.

And by the way... there's no refuting this topic to be an absolutely legit topic to address... in fact, it was the topic on The Break at about 27:00 of yesterday's podcast. Here's what was said...

Of course, I asked a more specific question that effectively was intended to quantify the degree to which two specific players' (one on each side) absence affected the game. But it seems these guys probably would have answered the OP questions about the same as I did, based on their comments.