I’m really looking forward to Dak making the haters eat crow

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pass pro and play calling will be the key to his success. The pass pro is dependent on health, the play calling is dependent on Linehan pullimg his head outta his butt! Dez ranting and razing has nothing to do with it, Dak was too mentally strong for that crap, Garrett was not.

As long as the Oline is top notch and Zeke is healthy and running I dont see a problem. There was never a problem before the injuries and Dak was a rookie and 2nd year guy. Like Russell Wilson he should only be getting better as he gets older. In my mind, Dez was definitely a part of the problem. His route running and antics. And certainly his salary.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All jokes aside, I’m looking forward to Dak having a rebound season. Despite all the heat he earned last year, he’s still 22-11 as a starter and if he has some better help from the coaches, I expect him to show lots of improvement.

Dak was having another incredible season until Smith and Zeke went out. Im not worried in the least with the line and run game ready to excel again. I do think that they need to get another quality young RB in here, however.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fans can cheer and still point out weaknesses. I disliked Romo and i like Dak and i still cheered for Romo. I know Dak has accuracy issues, ill be cursing when i see it happening and singing when he does things well, until i see fit to do otherwise. :flagwave:

I dont see any accuracy issues with Dak. Unless you are talking about when he is being pressured. Which is every QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love football in it's entirety, you seem overly optimistic and that's fine. If we do nothing with the receiving core there are 4 teams with worse, so it's going to be bad. Tyron has had back injuries 3 years in a row, I'm sorry, but I can't feel optimistic about that, and his play greatly deteriorated from his past self. Were a mediocre team, we need luck on our side to get us in the playoffs.

I agree with most of what you said. I see Smith on the downside of his career and fading as he gets older. And I certainly have little faith in the coaching staff.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak's intangibles make him a a guy that no one should count out. He's going to have a tremendous amount of pressure on him this year, but he will certainly put the work in to get better and I feel good about him and the Cowboys.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
- Zeke back and grinding out the run game
-Tyrone Smith and the Oline getting back together without Chaz Green
-The offense being tailored to Dak instead of Romo
-Another year of growth after a tough last 8 games
-Dez the team cancer no longer has to be pampered and forced the ball
-A revamped WR/team oriented system with new blood

I'm all for the Cowboys using their higher picks on defense, but if they are going to use a high pick on a WR, throw me in for DJ Moore. Out of the top 3 guys he looks the best WR to me. What we need in this offense.
Hes not capable. Zeke and the line and create an illusion with 8 man fronts and playaction. That can make Dak look good. AGAIN

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hes not capable. Zeke and the line and create an illusion with 8 man fronts and playaction. That can make Dak look good. AGAIN

Ah so you must have missed the first 24 games of his career then. And how did he win rookie of the year if he isn't capable? Facts are stubborn things.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak had a remarkable Rookie season with a 11 game winning wave that propelled him to the starting role.

We all are hoping he can return to this model and 2017 will just be a bump in the road but ultimately the success of the team will decide his fate and limit the criticism in his passing ability.

BillyBates

Reaction score
After owning many Defensive player Jersey's. Dak is the very first O player jersey I own. this dude is the real deal. we are lottery lucky to have him as our QB.