CowboyRoy

Reaction score
- Zeke back and grinding out the run game
-Tyrone Smith and the Oline getting back together without Chaz Green
-The offense being tailored to Dak instead of Romo
-Another year of growth after a tough last 8 games
-Dez the team cancer no longer has to be pampered and forced the ball
-A revamped WR/team oriented system with new blood

I'm all for the Cowboys using their higher picks on defense, but if they are going to use a high pick on a WR, throw me in for DJ Moore. Out of the top 3 guys he looks the best WR to me. What we need in this offense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pass pro and play calling will be the key to his success. The pass pro is dependent on health, the play calling is dependent on Linehan pullimg his head outta his butt! Dez ranting and razing has nothing to do with it, Dak was too mentally strong for that crap, Garrett was not.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Fans can cheer and still point out weaknesses. I disliked Romo and i like Dak and i still cheered for Romo. I know Dak has accuracy issues, ill be cursing when i see it happening and singing when he does things well, until i see fit to do otherwise. :flagwave:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
im still on the Dak wagon. I was thrilled when Dallas was quick to put him in.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

I'm all for the Cowboys using their higher picks on defense, but if they are going to use a high pick on a WR, throw me in for DJ Moore. Out of the top 3 guys he looks the best WR to me. What we need in this offense.
One thing I have learned from the Romo era, no matter what, when some fans make up their mind about certain players, there is no going back. Dak will be bashed if he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. Usually gets worse after players sign their big new contracts.

Big D

Reaction score
It's not really about Dak more than it is the team for me. I want to see the coaching staff step their game up. The league has achieved parity and most teams are close in talent but we need something to push us over the hump. It would be great if it came from the coaches.

sbark

Reaction score
Opposing D's will force Dak to make all the throws accuratly...........hope to heck he improves all around.

As Big D states, its on the coaches....Teams will adapt to what "dak Friendly" is, and Garrett/Linehan will have to keep making adjustments----is that their strong point over time? Do they have any roots in a RPO heavy offense?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All jokes aside, I’m looking forward to Dak having a rebound season. Despite all the heat he earned last year, he’s still 22-11 as a starter and if he has some better help from the coaches, I expect him to show lots of improvement.

Big D

Reaction score
Opposing D's will force Dak to make all the throws accuratly...........hope to heck he improves all around.

As Big D states, its on the coaches....Teams will adapt to what "dak Friendly" is, and Garrett/Linehan will have to keep making adjustments----is that their strong point over time? Do they have any roots in a RPO heavy offense?

Knowing that our coach is a genius, I'm sure they would like to get tricky and run some more complex stuff on offense. This is why i think Dez was released. Reading in between the lines Dez says they only had him running basic routes and wouldn't let him loose, and the offense was too predictable. That tells me that maybe they're being nice and keeping things simple for him and dealing with his limitations. He's supremely gifted athletically but he seems to be a bit behind the curve otherwise. No harm in that but it is what it is. He maximized what he had and is our all time TD rec leader.

Others say we need to dumb down and make the offense Dak friendly. Well, Dak is a smart guy I don't think they need to dumb down anything for him. I'm thinking that had Dez been working harder at retention we might've seen more creativity with him in the lineup. I'm sure Hurns will pick it right up and we'll be rollin'

I think Romo and Dez, as spectacular as they were, worked outside of the offense to create when plays breakdown. Dak is Romo's antithesis. Very Careful with the ball. He's not looking to break away from the play design and needs players to be where they're suppose to be on time. We know thats not Dez's game, Hopefully it's Hurns'.

jay94

Reaction score
I love football in it's entirety, you seem overly optimistic and that's fine. If we do nothing with the receiving core there are 4 teams with worse, so it's going to be bad. Tyron has had back injuries 3 years in a row, I'm sorry, but I can't feel optimistic about that, and his play greatly deteriorated from his past self. Were a mediocre team, we need luck on our side to get us in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Much like all NFL QB’s Dak will be measured by the success of the team.

If we make playoffs last year he wouldn’t have received the level of criticism much like without the winning wave year before he wouldn’t have won starting position .

Winning cures all ills!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One thing I have learned from the Romo era, no matter what, when some fans make up their mind about certain players, there is no going back. Dak will be bashed if he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. Usually gets worse after players sign their big new contracts.

Oh yah, that seems to be the way of it. Especially on chat rooms. The same types will be coming out of the woodwork with every loss blaming Dak or every pick just like many did with Romo. You also find guys sticking up for average type players more often then they should simply because they like the guy or like the team. See it all the time. Coaches as well.