I’m telling you. don’t be surprised if Troy comes to save the day

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Listened to Aikmans podcast with Brad Sham this morning and he reiterated again he wants to get back into football and soon. And it would be in the Elway role.

I can see Jerry saying we’ve tried everything else, let’s let Troy run the team and be the guy who Will McClay reports to.

Lincoln Riley would be the HC and Troy takes the Elway role. McClay stays for one year of continuity and then leaves after Aikman gets a feel for his guys. He’s made a lot of good contacts over the years broadcasting.

Jerry also said after the game he has to do better as well.

I’m putting the odds of this happening at 15%.

Lincoln Riley as HC I believe calls to his agent start tonight to begin legwork. - 80% chance.
I don't believe any decent coach would work for jerry.

It's a circus atmosphere and jerry is the ring master.........

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Listened to Aikmans podcast with Brad Sham this morning and he reiterated again he wants to get back into football and soon. And it would be in the Elway role.

I can see Jerry saying we’ve tried everything else, let’s let Troy run the team and be the guy who Will McClay reports to.

Lincoln Riley would be the HC and Troy takes the Elway role. McClay stays for one year of continuity and then leaves after Aikman gets a feel for his guys. He’s made a lot of good contacts over the years broadcasting.

Lincoln Riley as HC I believe calls to his agent start tonight to begin legwork. - 80% chance.
15% of a hallucination is still hallucinating.

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol

plymkr

Reaction score
Why on earth would Troy Aikman be qualified to run this team? It would be even MORE of a slap in the face to fans.

Jerry: "I've decided I'm not fit or qualified to run this organization. So I hired someone with no coaching or front office experience to run it."

What?
Isn't that what he exactly did by hiring Garrett?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry isn't hiring Troy to build a team .
Now that Troy has told the truth that the Emperor is naked, the Emperor now feels threatened and will shut Troy out. Watch. Jerry’s actually a big whiny baby who can’t handle criticism from people he wants to like him. Then he holds a grudge. See Jimmy Johnson.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been seeing several threads and posts from hopeful fans making predictions of possible good coaches that could be brought in to rescue this team. People like OU’s young Lincoln Riley, or old “has been” coaches like Bill Cowher or Norv Turner. Or even bring in Troy Aikman as a GM. Not gonna happen.

Here’s why none of those guys are probable- When Jerry feels criticized or threatened, especially by people like Troy that he desperately wants to respect him as a bona-fide football guy, Jerry turns into jello.

Why? Jerry doesn’t care what we fans think. He doesn’t care as much what the local writers say. But he absolutely cares about what his former players and other respected football people say about him. When he gets called out by people he respects, he gets rattled. Then he digs in his heels in a stubborn attempt to show everyone he’s still the boss.

I swear, some psychologist could write a book about how a multi-billionaire with SB trophies in his trophy case (won with a strong head coach) could feel so threatened by real football people.

Whatever his psychosis, Jerry Jones is threatened, not bolstered by strong football people. That psychosis is stronger than his desire to win. Crazy.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm getting to the point of just starting to watch another team instead of throwing 3 hours down the toilet watching the clownboys. I'm sorry, but decade after decade of mediocrity and Jerry wants to do the SAME THING that keeps bringing these results. Why should I keep punishing myself watching pathetic football performances year after year after year and nothing is being done to change it?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is the least likely thing that will happen.

A super competent (non ex NFL player) GM could be hired and get way less media and credit than Aikman would get.

Maybe Jerry will decide to become a recluse at which point he says to himself "Who can I hire that will get the most media/fan attention and get those cameras and mics away from me?"

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would Will McClay report to Tory? Will McClay is the only good thing the front office has going for it.

May I ask why?

So far I don't see his genius?????

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting to the point of just starting to watch another team instead of throwing 3 hours down the toilet watching the clownboys. I'm sorry, but decade after decade of mediocrity and Jerry wants to do the SAME THING that keeps bringing these results. Why should I keep punishing myself watching pathetic football performances year after year after year and nothing is being done to change it?

Unfortunately I watch just to watch now....expecting very little and when they show Jerry face I find myself wanting to put my foot thru the TV screen.....

Chrispierce

Reaction score
And I’m telling you,don’t be surprised if none of us ever see another NFC championship game in our lifetimes. The Jones’ have hexed the franchise.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now that Troy has told the truth that the Emperor is naked, the Emperor now feels threatened and will shut Troy out. Watch. Jerry’s actually a big whiny baby who can’t handle criticism from people he wants to like him. Then he holds a grudge. See Jimmy Johnson.

That is the reason him and Jerry haven't been close since Troys playing days.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Troy is probably not a giant Jerry fan. Jerry shoved Barry Switzer and Chan Gailey down his throat and basically deep sixed the back half of Troy's career.
Yes. Sadly so.. Because I'd love to see Troy as HC.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
May I ask why?

So far I don't see his genius?????
Then idk what to tell ya, go look at the draft from 2000-2009 then go look at them from 2010-present. if u don’t see the difference u shouldn’t watch football... He drafts starters and good role players. Don’t get it twisted with what this coaching staff is doing.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then idk what to tell ya, go look at the draft from 2000-2009 then go look at them from 2010-present. if u don’t see the difference u shouldn’t watch football... He drafts starters and good role players. Don’t get it twisted with what this coaching staff is doing.

Ok bud give me the names of these good role player studs hes picked......please make sure they have PROVEN they are verified successes on the field and not from these forums guru's...

So far I see as verified picks Zeke,Martin,Fredrick,Awuzie,....who have I missed as a stud here.
The rest of the picks are either still on the fence or Busts......do you really need names like Taco, collins, Tapper, Chaz,Gregory,Lewis,Brown, and ya I'm still not sold on Jaylon.......really dont see the draft guru your referring to when it come to Will....

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Ok bud give me the names of these good role player studs hes picked......please make sure they have PROVEN they are verified successes on the field and not from these forums guru's...

So far I see as verified picks Zeke,Martin,Fredrick,Awuzie,....who have I missed as a stud here.
The rest of the picks are either still on the fence or Busts......do you really need names like Taco, collins, Tapper, Chaz,Gregory,Lewis,Brown, and ya I'm still not sold on Jaylon.......really dont see the draft guru your referring to when it come to Will....
Good studs/role players since 2010 - Crawford, Beasley, Lee, Heath, Wilson, Tyron, Gallup, LVE, DLaw, Dez,

The team has missed most at getting DLaw help. No 1T and lack of consistent RE has hurt all levels of the defense.

Offensively the scheme and QB don’t fit which makes everything look worse than it is.

Terrence Williams had 900 yards as a rookie. In Romos Mike Martz style scheme. So they’ve brought in guys that can play up through 2016. 2017-18 have been bad scheme fits on offense.