I’m thinking Rod wants his new Urlacher

Hayseed

Reaction score
Cant blame him either. LVE is the pick at 19. Would LOVE to come back in round two with a pick of Courtland Sutton but pretty sure he wont be there. Would have to either trade up near the top of the second to get him, or settle for Chark. Kind of a hard choice IMO. Sutton would seem to be much more polished/ better route runner, but Chark has that blazing speed for a man his size.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant blame him either. LVE is the pick at 19. Would LOVE to come back in round two with a pick of Courtland Sutton but pretty sure he wont be there. Would have to either trade up near the top of the second to get him, or settle for Chark. Kind of a hard choice IMO. Sutton would seem to be much more polished/ better route runner, but Chark has that blazing speed for a man his size.

I think SJones might ban Marinelli from the draft room...

Hayseed

Reaction score
I think SJones might ban Marinelli from the draft room...
I dunno. IMO LVE is going to be a helluva MLB in the NFL. We need one badly. As it sits right now we either draft one high or sign a guy like Bowman who is now a 2 down player. Either way , we need to address this pronto because right now we have none on the current roster that is starting quality. No MLB= No defense.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like LVE but that is a high bar being the next Urlacher

Urlacher had better speed but LVE is a very good athlete as well

I would trade back with NE at 23 if I was targeting him

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno. IMO LVE is going to be a helluva MLB in the NFL. We need one badly. As it sits right now we either draft one high or sign a guy like Bowman who is now a 2 down player. Either way , we need to address this pronto because right now we have none on the current roster that is starting quality. No MLB= No defense.

My point is that the scouts and McClay will have most of the input on defensive players because Marinelli's draft opinions have not been that good.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I see the potential upside but it's completely speculative at this point. Why not just pick players that have proven something in the early rounds? Speculating is how we have ended up with a lot of garbage over the years.

Hayseed

Reaction score
If you look at LVE's combine numbers in many areas they were actually BETTER than Urlachers. Kid is gonna be a beast. Giant sized 3 down MLB with athleticism to burn. Plays with a ton of fire too. Something much needed after seeing Jaylon run away from contact last year when he played the middle. Let this kid read and react and run to the ball and he's gonna make plays all over the field on all three downs.

Hayseed

Reaction score
All I know is that right now TODAY,... we have NO MLB that is of starter quality. NONE. That situation wont go unchecked,... it cant,... no team would possibly be that dumb considering the importance of the MLB position. Its either bring in Bowman,... or draft one in the 1st.

ghst187

Reaction score
Not seeing it with LVE, good player but I don’t see pick 19 good.
I’d find taking LVE in the first round more pallatable with a short trade down and Hernandez and Wynn both being long gone.

All that said, I feel like LVE will be the pick at 19 about as strongly as I felt Taco would be the pick last year. Seems inevitable.

Sandyf

Reaction score
LIke LVE but believe he will be as good as Lee at the Will position. Could easily see him at SAM most of the year and subbing for Lee some to not overuse Lee. Also believe Smith is going to again prove everyone wrong and be back at almost 100 percent.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Not seeing it with LVE, good player but I don’t see pick 19 good.
I’d find taking LVE in the first round more pallatable with a short trade down and Hernandez and Wynn both being long gone.

Maybe. Then who is our STARTING MLB? Surely not Thomas. LOL

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
LVE is big enough to play MLB and actually stay healthy. Using Lee or Smith there is like using a crescent wrench to hammer a nail in. It can be done but it isn't the best use of that tool. I would be good with LVE but if Vea is within reach, I would hope that Dallas gets him. If Vea is not within reach then LVE should be the pick.

Hayseed

Reaction score
LVE is big enough to play MLB and actually stay healthy. Using Lee or Smith there is like using a crescent wrench to hammer a nail in. It can be done but it isn't the best use of that tool. I would be good with LVE but if Vea is within reach, I would hope that Dallas gets him. If Vea is not within reach then LVE should be the pick.

Yep. LVE is like 6-4 258. Thats monster sized for a linebacker with his explosiveness and athleticism. Guy is gonna be a real terror.

Gaede

Reaction score
One scenario I see playing out is LVE going before Roquan. Teams may be wary of his size, and overly fascinated with LVEs measurables

Of course, that would be ideal for us. Smith is a way better football player