I’m thinking Rod wants his new Urlacher

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sean Lee and coaches went to his pro day. I think we’re serious on him and could see him or Evans in the fold. May have to trade up for leighton. Packers are high on him

First I have heard that Lee went to the Pro Day with the coaches. Hmmm. The plot thickens

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IMO folks don't understand that if LVE stayed in school another year and duplicated the season he had this season he'd likely be a surefire Top 10 pick if he's already being projected in the Top 20-25 based on one good year.

If Dallas gets him at 19 they are buying low on a good player.

He's a bit raw but he's trending up as a player based on game reps and experience playing regular football instead of 8-man or whatever the heck he was playing previously.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, and I really hope we don't have to see him on the draft cam spouting his worn out bs.
It's a common issue that many coaches are not good draft evaluators.

On the flip-side it's not good to draft players that coaches are adamantly opposed to drafting. There is a balance in there somewhere.

cheyennes

Reaction score
sad but this year will be ofensive draft, i guess, Garreth is scared

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Cant blame him either. LVE is the pick at 19. Would LOVE to come back in round two with a pick of Courtland Sutton but pretty sure he wont be there. Would have to either trade up near the top of the second to get him, or settle for Chark. Kind of a hard choice IMO. Sutton would seem to be much more polished/ better route runner, but Chark has that blazing speed for a man his size.

Rod is only one of many voices Jerry listen's to on draft day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cant blame him either. LVE is the pick at 19. Would LOVE to come back in round two with a pick of Courtland Sutton but pretty sure he wont be there. Would have to either trade up near the top of the second to get him, or settle for Chark. Kind of a hard choice IMO. Sutton would seem to be much more polished/ better route runner, but Chark has that blazing speed for a man his size.

I believe this is the way it will go unless one of the higher picks falls: Vander Esch in the first, Sutton with a trade up in the second. The third round could go several ways: A DT, S or OL.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm thinking the team shouldn't give two shakes what Maranelli wants.

That said, I like LVE and see the upside with him.

Yep. They’ve been held hostage personnel wise by the whims of Rod.

If Stephen has more say now, then the next thing he needs to do is tell Rod to zip his lip from now until the draft.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
My point is that the scouts and McClay will have most of the input on defensive players because Marinelli's draft opinions have not been that good.

Yeah I would trust McClay's input compare to Marinelli.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Man its hard. If Vita drops to us, I'm sure there are threads on it. Which to get Vita or LVE? Want to get both. But that means trading a lot of draft picks to hopefully get both in 1st round.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If you look at LVE's combine numbers in many areas they were actually BETTER than Urlachers. Kid is gonna be a beast. Giant sized 3 down MLB with athleticism to burn. Plays with a ton of fire too. Something much needed after seeing Jaylon run away from contact last year when he played the middle. Let this kid read and react and run to the ball and he's gonna make plays all over the field on all three downs.
That's B.S Jaylon didn't run away from contact. In fact the more he got comfortable the more you seen him take on blocks from OL what blow runners up

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Mostly its his hesitation on where the RBs are going. Or being overaggressive and going to the wrong path.
I agree with that. But to say he ran away from contact is silly and untrue. He was better as the season went on. I think he improves a ton this season

kumizi

Reaction score
I agree LVE is the pick unless someone surprises us and takes him before our pick.

In the 2nd, they're gonna see how the board is for WRs and whether they need to trade up or someone like Sutton or James Washington will fall to us at 50.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
I agree LVE is the pick unless someone surprises us and takes him before our pick.

In the 2nd, they're gonna see how the board is for WRs and whether they need to trade up or someone like Sutton or James Washington will fall to us at 50.

What teams need LBs desperately in the 18 before us?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I dunno. IMO LVE is going to be a helluva MLB in the NFL. We need one badly. As it sits right now we either draft one high or sign a guy like Bowman who is now a 2 down player. Either way , we need to address this pronto because right now we have none on the current roster that is starting quality. No MLB= No defense.
agreed I like Evans also

waving monkey

Reaction score
Sean Lee and coaches went to his pro day. I think we’re serious on him and could see him or Evans in the fold. May have to trade up for leighton. Packers are high on him
I hadn't read that. Amazing the respect Lee carries. Boy Lee tutoring LVE would be immense