I’ve only experienced 2 wildcard wins

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If you're talking about the 1989 team, at least 3 years later they were in the Super Bowl. At least that's movement. Feels like we've been in neutral for the past 10 years - we have a great regular season every once in a while but then follow that up with a divisional round loss

I started basically around the time of the 5-11 years. Those were my first Cowboys memories (mind you, most of my family are Eagles fans, so it's made it even more brutal for me seeing this season). At least then, I was young enough to be feeling hope even in the darkest of times as a fan despite only knowing 5-11. As of now, under Garrett, I must admit difficulty in regaining that flare I had even in the 5-11 years.

GMO415

Reaction score
Since Ive became a fan in 2004. Thanks Jerry
4Va9w.gif

yimyammer

Reaction score
Born and raised in Dallas. Also family are Cowboys fans

me too amigo but I grew up in the 70's and was just out of college during the 90's run. Obviously I'm spoiled rotten, I don't know if I would be a fan if I had experienced the 24/7/365 jeri clown show and the crap he's put on the field in your lifetime

jerii doesn't deserve fans like you but gawd bless you for hanging in there

Johnny23

Reaction score
I always thought those games against the 49ers were better than the super bowls. Epic battles.
Indeed. Especially the 1992 NFC Championship a classic and a game that really should go either way. That Jerry Rice fumble was questionable.

Blackrain

Reaction score
At least the 1-15 team got rewarded with the 1st overall pick. What is the reward for going 9-7 and missing the playoffs?

Its NFL Purgatory that we perpetually live in . Not good enough to get in the tournament . Not bad enough to draft well.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Its worse being an old time fan . Watching what Jerry has done with this team that I loved and lived to watch in my childhood feels on par with digging a hole to bury your dog . Now watching them is just something painful that I feel obligated to do .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anybody can support and hop on the wagon of a winner. It builds character rooting for a loser. You'll appreciate any level of success much more.

Sports is about the spirit of competition . Winning just makes it more fun fun.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The wildcard win against the Eagles in the 09-10 season has been the highlight of my Cowboy viewing experience. A wildcard playoff win
And that team was worse than what we had in 2007 for sure and possibly even in 2014.
:banghead:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Anybody can support and hop on the wagon of a winner. It builds character rooting for a loser. You'll appreciate any level of success much more.

Sports is about the spirit of competition . Winning just makes it more fun fun.

Well, I sure hope I get to finally enjoy NFL success soon as I'm sure we all do.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Same here, as a 25 year old. I've been a fan since I think 1999. It's getting awfully tiresome seeing the futility that we as young fans have experienced.
Im 25 and remember Jerry getting a fresh face lift. Man I thought he meant real business, real football buisness. I know not to be fooled by Jerries face lifts now though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, I sure hope I get to finally enjoy NFL success soon as I'm sure we all do.
We place too much emphasis on winning the gold or being the champion.

Football is a sum sport . There must be a winner and a loser. There’s no shame in not being a champion.

We have teams who’ve never won a championship. Some fans have gone a lifetime or generations. It really shouldn’t have as much impact as it does on our fandom.