I’ve only experienced 2 wildcard wins

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im 25 and remember Jerry getting a fresh face lift. Man I thought he meant real business, real football buisness. I know not to be fooled by Jerries face lifts now though.

I'm 25 as well.

We place too much emphasis on winning the gold or being the champion.

Football is a sum sport . There must be a winner and a loser. There’s no shame in not being a champion.

We have teams who’ve never won a championship. Some fans have gone a lifetime or generations. It really shouldn’t have as much impact as it does on our fandom.

This is true.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sucks for you. I experienced all three Super Bowls in the 90s.
I’ve been lucky enough to have seen every playoff game the cowboys have ever played. Makes me sad for the younger crowd not being able to see what excellence looks like.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Lucky me. I am old enough to remember all of the Boys' Super Bowl wins........Seems like a life time ago though now........:(

The NFL network has had 1 hour shows on all of the Cowboys' SB wins, I have them all on the DVR. I watch them from time to time to get back some of the good feelings I had being a Cowboys fans and to spark hope for the future.

Especially the first one, it talks about the "can't win the big one" disappointments, which ultimately stopped. It happened once, hopefully it can happen again...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Lucky me. I am old enough to remember all of the Boys' Super Bowl wins"

Me too...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
U shouldnt have been a busta

You got on board too late because it was one hell of a great ride during the 70s and 90s. Started following the team in 72. First Cowboys game I ever watched was SB VI. Getting older isn’t fun but it enabled me to experience the greatest teams and players the Cowboys had to offer over the years.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
People always reference 89 but never throw in the fact that 87 and 88 sucked also. So when they turned the corner vs the rams in 90 it was a lot of fun.

For those of you not old enough to remember any of the super bowls honestly it doesn't really matter. Once that season is over its over and the whole thing starts again. When they lost to the niners in 94 it felt like they never won the two super bowls. then the next year it was like they didnt lose to SF.

It's all season to season. Unfortunately the organization right now has absolutely no one that knows what they are doing and will most likely have zero chance to win anything this season for sure and if they stay with this group then it will be this way for awhile.

it used to be fun to watch old games and I loved to go back and watch games from 90 and 91 but at this point it doesn't really matter anymore.

My favorite seasons in my lifetime have been 85, 91, 92, 03, 05, 07, 09 and 14. You don't have to win the super bowl to enjoy it and especially with the organization in its current state.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m very proud of many in this generation of Cowboy fans . Being 64 I’m not around many in this generation except my family who all seem to be great fans. I’ve found these fan forums are more filled with youngsters than us old farts.

Fans of the last two generations were so fortunate to witness championship eras that we probably became spoiled with higher expectations. And we’ve become negative and apathetic. It’s part of getting old and grumpy.

When I was younger I used to travel with the team visiting other NFL venues was exposed to fans across the country , many of whom were in support of dormant/ mediocre franchises with little to no success. It was obvious how envious they were of our success. But I was envious of their relentless support of awful teams.

Remember winning only makes it more fun and intense. Winning isn’t required to stay faithful to your local and favorite team. The longer you go without more success the more you’ll embrace and appreciate whatever success comes our way.

My dad always said as we grew up Baylor fans as well that anyone can root for a winner but it builds character to follow and root on a loser while always hoping for the best come to expect more of the worst . It’s a mindset that helps you get thru the tough times.

The good news for this generation is you will defintely live to see a post Jerry era which will lift the more negative apathetic rhetoric attached to our beloved franchise. Find the things or players you can to get behind and support to carry thru these down times. That’s how fans of lesser teams tems get through it.

Hang in there! Go Cowboys!!

Last edited: