I actually like Dak

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I hope yall get that W. What im confused about is with the all star roster that yall managed to put together... why is everyone so high on Mcvay? I guarantee even our offensive schemes would work with that roster..

Cheer brother! Because McVay is (fill in blank) :clap::thumbup:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Melon's a little bit country. I'm a little rock and roll.
But when we're together... the Wonder Twin powers activate!

Actually, I think the Wonder Twins preferred folk music.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I hope yall get that W. What im confused about is with the all star roster that yall managed to put together... why is everyone so high on Mcvay? I guarantee even our offensive schemes would work with that roster..

Coaching still makes a difference. Switch ours with theirs and there's a good chance the Rams aren't in the Super Bowl. I'm not sure we would be, but we would have had a much better chance.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Coaching still makes a difference. Switch ours with theirs and there's a good chance the Rams aren't in the Super Bowl. I'm not sure we would be, but we would have had a much better chance.

McVay isn't just an X and O coach. He empowered his players to be the best they can be. He has a commanding presence in the room and he expect greatest out of his player. Players want to play for him. He a motivator. Players see how hard he work to come up with plays, some nights he doesn't even get enough sleep if you watch one of his video on Youtube. He has a cute girlfriend but he 100% committed to football. He is obsess with football like coach BB and all the great coaches and players.

He game-play around his players instead of some old school rigid structure. He work around each players greatest strength. He not stubborn, he allows players input and doesn't have a massive ego. He takes responsibility for loss and shower the team with praise when they win. He constantly improves and correct his mistake, even hire a clock management coach because he realized he not very good at clock management. He everything you want in a coach. His greatness is more than just his play-calling or the X's and O's, McVay is everything!

gimmesix

Reaction score
McVay isn't just an X and O coach. He empowered his players to be the best they can be. He has a commanding presence in the room and he expect greatest out of his player. Players want to play for him. He a motivator. Players see how hard he work to come up with plays, some nights he doesn't even get enough sleep if you watch one of his video on Youtube. He has a cute girlfriend but he 100% committed to football. He is obsess with football like coach BB and all the great coaches and players.

He game-play around his players instead of some old school rigid structure. He work around each players greatest strength. He not stubborn, he allows players input and doesn't have a massive ego. He takes responsibility for loss and shower the team with praise when they win. He constantly improves and correct his mistake, even hire a clock management coach because he realized he not very good at clock management. He everything you want in a coach. His greatness is more than his play-calling or the X's and O's, McVay is everything!

A lot of what you described has been said about Garrett and could be said about a lot of coaches. Players may like them and may be motivated by them, but they're not going to win without good game-planning. There's not enough of a difference in the level of talent in this watered-down age of football to win without being an X's and O's guy.

I'm sure there are other differences between them, but that X's and O's difference is the chief reason your team beat our team. McVay and his coaches countered our strengths and attacked our weaknesses and we did little to adjust to that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but why is a Rams fan a Romo fan lol?
I’m a Cowboy fan and a Drew Brees fan. I think there are a lot of fans of a particular team who like players on other teams as long they aren’t playing against their team.

Gameover

Reaction score
I didn't like Dak when he first came into the league because he rob Romo the opportunity to win a Superbowl back in 2016. I'm neutral when it come to the Cowboys but I am a fan of Romo and tend to root for the Cowboys when he is playing outside of my team. I did the same for Nick Foles (former Rams) and the Eagles (Hate the Eagles) when he is their QB. Once Wince became starter again this year, I had nothing but absolute hatred for the Shiggles.

Fast forward years later and I actually like Dak. He seem like a pretty well rounded person and doesn't cause any controversy (outside of CZ). He has the heart of a champion but doesn't have the talent to go along with it. I don't see him being anything more than a game manager but since JG is his coach, I can't say with 100% certainly. If I was the Cowboys coach, I would do more roll-out play play with Dak. I would also do a ton of play action since it will make it easier for Dak while Zeke is getting all the attention. Dak is a mobile QB, not a pocket passer, so JG is not playing toward Dak strength. I think someone like Sean Payton or John Harbaugh would use Dak to his fullest potential.
Romo had 8 years where he had every opportunity to win and he didn’t win crap.

Dak didn’t rob him of anything, if he were indeed robbed, it was by his own body that let him down

Romo groupies like to dream that with Zeke that Tony was about to go on a Brady run! They cling to this years overachieving defense and act like Tony Romo didn’t have a defensive line that featured Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Greg Ellis, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Anthony Spencer, hell Jason Hatcher is better than any of the DT on the 2018 squad. Irving never really showed up

But Romo fans like to pour it on about how great this defense is, in a backhanded attempt to diminish Dak, while simultaneously propping up Tony Romo. Look at this D— on paper—where is the talent?

Lawrence is solid/good but Demarcus Ware is 70 times a better player
Gregory was solid this season
Crawford... 90% of this board has tried to get rid of him for years
Collins I guess he’s OK
The other DT are no names
Taco soft and intitled attitude

But if Romo had this collection of no names! Get real

Those guys played there hearts out but from a talent perspective, I never saw it(talent)... and the last month of the season and in the playoffs what I didn’t see finally showed up

Barber
Julius
Felix
Owens
Dez
Written
Glenn
Pat Cray
Bennett
Robinson
Miles
Murray
The GOAT Jesse Holley

Romo fans scream poverty when in reality, Tom Brady will probably win a SB with less than what Romo has had over the years.

Murray
Felix
Dez
Robinson
Bennett
Written
The GOAT Jesse Holley
Miles

How does that team only win 8 games?! Cowboys can win 10 straight bowls, and I’ll never get over Romo and Garrett blowing the 2011 season!!!

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
I like Dak too.

When he's throwing touchdowns, and passes for 1st downs.

I also like him when he runs for touchdowns and makes a first down on his feet.

Just don't like him when he throws interceptions, bad passes to open receivers and takes too long to get a throw out, resulting in him being sacked.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Romo had 8 years where he had every opportunity to win and he didn’t win crap.

Dak didn’t rob him of anything, if he were indeed robbed, it was by his own body that let him down

Romo groupies like to dream that with Zeke that Tony was about to go on a Brady run! They cling to this years overachieving defense and act like Tony Romo didn’t have a defensive line that featured Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Greg Ellis, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Anthony Spencer, hell Jason Hatcher is better than any of the DT on the 2018 squad. Irving never really showed up

But Romo fans like to pour it on about how great this defense is, in a backhanded attempt to diminish Dak, while simultaneously propping up Tony Romo. Look at this D— on paper—where is the talent?

Lawrence is solid/good but Demarcus Ware is 70 times a better player
Gregory was solid this season
Crawford... 90% of this board has tried to get rid of him for years
Collins I guess he’s OK
The other DT are no names
Taco soft and intitled attitude

But if Romo had this collection of no names! Get real

Those guys played there hearts out but from a talent perspective, I never saw it(talent)... and the last month of the season and in the playoffs what I didn’t see finally showed up

Barber
Julius
Felix
Owens
Dez
Written
Glenn
Pat Cray
Bennett
Robinson
Miles
Murray
The GOAT Jesse Holley

Romo fans scream poverty when in reality, Tom Brady will probably win a SB with less than what Romo has had over the years.

Murray
Felix
Dez
Robinson
Bennett
Written
The GOAT Jesse Holley
Miles

How does that team only win 8 games?! Cowboys can win 10 straight bowls, and I’ll never get over Romo and Garrett blowing the 2011 season!!!

Agreed!

During Romo's tenure, the Cowboys definitely had enough talent to "at least" reach the NFCCG before and after Garrett became the HC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well that the million dollars question isn't it?

Joking aside, Romo remind me a lot of Rivers, lot of talent but with poor coaching. Neither one has ever had an elite coach in their career. Both HOF QB that would win at least one ring if they had an elite coach.
So you’re a Rivers fan too lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m a Cowboy fan and a Drew Brees fan. I think there are a lot of fans of a particular team who like players on other teams as long they aren’t playing against their team.
Well I get why one would be a Brees fan. He’s been one of the best quarterbacks of his era....Romo just seems like a odd choice.

erod

Reaction score
How can anyone not like Dak?

I want him to play better, but he's as good of a dude as there is.

Reaction score
Dak needs everything to go right....like most quarterbacks in this league lol. Everything went right for the two QB's playing in the Super Bowl.
Wrong. Things always go wrong during a game. Timing issues, protection issues. Great QBs make everyone around them better. They don't need to have great receivers, (Brady) to win. Staubach didn't always have a great running game, so he put the team on his back & won it himself. Dak isn't very accurate, so he has to have receivers who can adjust to his mis-thrown passes. Even Mayfield doesn't need that.

cern

Reaction score
I like dak. I think he's been hampered by poor coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wrong. Things always go wrong during a game. Timing issues, protection issues. Great QBs make everyone around them better. They don't need to have great receivers, (Brady) to win. Staubach didn't always have a great running game, so he put the team on his back & won it himself. Dak isn't very accurate, so he has to have receivers who can adjust to his mis-thrown passes. Even Mayfield doesn't need that.
You’re full of it. You don’t win Super Bowls unless everything goes right. Quit listening to these morons on this site.