I agree with Jerry, if we sign Zeke to a new deal, what if he holds out again?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
OK find, but what's the excuse for Dak, Coop, and Jones NOT being signed either and they're in camp. Like I said before, yea, there's a better way Zeke could have handled this but Jerry and Stephen's hands are just as dirty IMO.

I have read all over the place that Cooper's agent had no desire to get a deal done for Cooper. He wanted to wait for Thomas and Julio situations to get done. So as Stephen has said, you cant get a deal done when only 1 side wants to get a deal done. Dont blame our FO for Cooper not getting done.

If it is true that Dak wants 35plus million per year..... do you really need to ask why they havent gotten a deal with Dak done????

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I get that. I don't know if you are old enough to remember the 1993 team, but that team was not going to the SB without Emmitt. And they were a better team than we have now. I think this team's offense relies on Elliott in a similar fashion.

except that in 1993 the NFL was not regularly popping out multiple QBs every year throwing north of 5k yards. The rules have drastically changed that has lessoned the importance of the run game. So comparing 1993 with 2019 is not that helpful IMO.

In addition, Jerry never needed to question Emmitts off the field antics and wonder if he would be suspended. Without looking it up, Im curious how many games Emmitt missed during his time in Dallas. Such a warrior. Damn I loved 22.
On a side note, Emmitt played for a LONG time and got massive touches every year. His knees appear to be ok and he doesnt appear to have scrambled brains. How is this possible? All we hear about is these guys risking their lives every sunday....lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have read all over the place that Cooper's agent had no desire to get a deal done for Cooper. He wanted to wait for Thomas and Julio situations to get done. So as Stephen has said, you cant get a deal done when only 1 side wants to get a deal done. Dont blame our FO for Cooper not getting done.

If it is true that Dak wants 35plus million per year..... do you really need to ask why they havent gotten a deal with Dak done????

IF......it's true Dak wants $35M+. We don't know that but that's beside the point IMO. It's still the teams' responsibility to get him signed, as all other players. Notice you didn't mention Byron Jones......

But I agree somewhat on Coop but hell he's just one player. We have eleven 2019 starters 2020 UFA......

Flamma

Reaction score
except that in 1993 the NFL was not regularly popping out multiple QBs every year throwing north of 5k yards. The rules have drastically changed that has lessoned the importance of the run game. So comparing 1993 with 2019 is not that helpful IMO.

In addition, Jerry never needed to question Emmitts off the field antics and wonder if he would be suspended. Without looking it up, Im curious how many games Emmitt missed during his time in Dallas. Such a warrior. Damn I loved 22.
On a side note, Emmitt played for a LONG time and got massive touches every year. His knees appear to be ok and he doesnt appear to have scrambled brains. How is this possible? All we hear about is these guys risking their lives every sunday....lol

Agree with everything except the bold. I don't care how football was back then compared to now. No Elliott, no Championship. This Cowboys team is built to win off of his back. This current Cowboys team is not winning a Championship without him.

Cmac

Reaction score
….or what if Jerry pulls another Dez move, because we know he will not do a Sean Lee move with Zeke.

jnday

Reaction score

One are missing one key point. Dallas is about the only team is the league that has an offense based on a power running game instead of a pass happy offense. The way this team is built, they now have no choice , but to continue with this offense because Dak is not a good enough passer to effectively run a passing offense. Zeke on the other hand is one of the best RBs in the league and when you pair him with this offensive line, it makes for a really good power rushing offense. I would like to see Dallas upgrade QBs and move towards more of a passing offense.