I almost felt sorry for Garrett

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looked like a neutered cat on the sideline. Every time they showed him, he had a blank look on his face. I guess Jerry has taken all of his authority. He wore a headset, but I never saw him talking to anyone. He yelled at the refs a couple of times, that about all I saw him do. It would be nice to have a real head coach that can take over a game when he needs to.

jsb357

Reaction score
It would be nice to have a real head coach that can take over a game when he needs to.

offended.jpg

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He looked like a neutered cat on the sideline. Every time they showed him, he had a blank look on his face. I guess Jerry has taken all of his authority. He wore a headset, but I never saw him talking to anyone. He yelled at the refs a couple of times, that about all I saw him do. It would be nice to have a real head coach that can take over a game when he needs to.

Garrett feeling bad is a good thing. Nearly a decade of haunting the sidelines he deserves it. Personally I am glad he is completely exposed as a poor game managing coach.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Last night's offense looked a lot like the offense that inspired Jerry to take away his play calling. I'm wondering if Garret didn't "offer" Moore some game planning advice.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are plenty of fair complaints about Garrett, but I'm not sure this is one of them. How does a coach simply "take over the game"? Demote the offensive or defensive coordinator on the spot, scrap the game plan, and start calling plays himself? Belichick doesn't do a lot of talking to people on the sidelines either. At least not that we see. Who knows what is happening between possessions or between plays or during timeouts.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What are you talking about? He had more authority over this game than any this season.

He was mad because his gameplan was garbage and he probably knew it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I cant get over the flashback to Linehan and Garretts cookie cutter, play not to lose game plan and lack of adjustments.

And neither excuse is palatable.

1. This was all Moores doing and he just screwed it up
2. He was told what to do and is a puppet himself.

Brax

Reaction score
My question is, who kidnapped Kellen Moore and replaced him with Scott Linehan?

The offense played the entire game not to lose, but here we are...
like some said he learned under SL and said it's the same offense.

Tommy

Reaction score
There are plenty of fair complaints about Garrett, but I'm not sure this is one of them. How does a coach simply "take over the game"? Demote the offensive or defensive coordinator on the spot, scrap the game plan, and start calling plays himself? Belichick doesn't do a lot of talking to people on the sidelines either. At least not that we see. Who knows what is happening between possessions or between plays or during timeouts.
This is CowboysZone! We have to keep the conversation as dumbed down as possible.

We do that by choosing someone we don't like in the organization and blaming the loss on them.