CFZ I am excited for training camp this year

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am very excited for training camp. What a difference a year makes! Last year, going into camp, we had controversy surrounding the Amari Cooper trade. That left us with Lamb, Gallup (coming off a late season ACL injury, and he didn't return until almost midway in the season), Noah Brown, a rookie Tolbert, Fehoko, and a bunch of UDFAs like Dennis Houston. Not exactly WR royalty. We also didn't exactly have a great CB opposite Diggs. We were relying on a 5th round NT, who we cut before the season. Oh, and we had the media sniffing around frequently asking if McCarthy was going to get the sack for Payton everytime he filled his coffee. We were being told that the team had too much controversy and not enough talent to be good enough last season. We then lost Dak for 5 games and were told we should just tank and get Payton. But, then Cooper Rush went 4-1. Dak came back, and you all know the rest of the story from last year.

Now, we come to this year. Firstly, *knocks on wood* have you noticed that this has been a very quiet offseason for the Cowboys? Usually by now, a player or decision would've been made to set the team on fire. But, this seems to be the quietest offseason I've seen from the Cowboys in a while, and I love it. It makes it easier for the team to focus, and we don't seem to have any obvious suspensions coming down the pipe. Secondly, we improved our WR group with Cooks, and Lamb should be better now that he's had another full offseason to rehabilitate his leg. So, now we enter TC with our first 3 WRs being Lamb, Cooks, and what should be a healthy Gallup. What a change that is! Plus, I think we upgraded at TE with Schoonmacher over Schultz. Our CB opposite Diggs is now Gillmore. That should make Diggs' job easier. Oh, and now we have Hankins and Mazi Smith at NT. Mazi is the first NT we've taken in the first round since Russell Maryland. I'm excited for how he develops. We also just signed a kicker from the Birmingham Stallions, who I saw last week in the Championship. He looked very good. All in all, this should be a fun and exciting Training Camp. I, for one, am excited to see how it plays out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One other area that I'm excited to see is how McCarthy's playcalling will be different to what we saw from Moore. I think it'll be fun to watch a McCarthy-led offense in training camp, and it will be fun to watch them develop.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Oh yeah!!!! More than ready. Time for some solid "hard" news. Tired of opinion pieces and such. Let's get it on!!! Go Cowboys!!!

I am more optimistic about the upcoming season. Somewhat cautiously optimistic given the past 28 years or so but less so than I have been in a long time. I hope I am correct.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh yeah!!!! More than ready. Time for some solid "hard" news. Tired of opinion pieces and such. Let's get it on!!! Go Cowboys!!!

I am more optimistic about the upcoming season. Somewhat cautiously optimistic given the past 28 years or so but less so than I have been in a long time. I hope I am correct.

Yes, and it should be more fun conversations as a result. Go Cowboys!

Being born in late 92, I didn't exactly see the Cowboys at our best in the 90s. That said, I am very optimistic for this season given the moves that were made and given how behaved the players seem to have been this offseason. We haven't heard any stupid things from the team this offseason. This should be fun.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are enough and bigger changes for me to actually look forward to it. Let's see if these decisions can pay off. I'm hoping we can start off well...and finish the season strong. Let's play a couple home playoff games!

Same here, I hope we can do that. I think we have more than enough to keep pace with Philly for the division, and I look forward to seeing us play this season. Should be a fun Cowboys season.

morat1959

Reaction score
I always look forward to the upcoming season but haven’t been excited in a long time. Nothing’s coming out of my pocket in support of this team until they show me come playoff time. Talk is cheap with this organization and many fans spew it every year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I always look forward to the upcoming season but haven’t been excited in a long time. Nothing’s coming out of my pocket in support of this team until they show me come playoff time. Talk is cheap with this organization and many fans spew it every year.

I get that, but, at the same time, I think something feels different about this team. The lack of drama, for once, surrounding this team is a nice change. The team actually addressed a long time weakness in a serious way. We actually have weapons this year, on paper. I'm excited to see what happens.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
This is the most excited I've been since 2015 and 2017 . . . both post playoff years that devastated me. I don't see that at all happening this year because of the defense but, yes RBH, I'm excited and I too wonder if McCarthy's offense will be up to the task. My only question marks are on offense with the OLine and the RB room.

Can we challenge defenses over the 17 game season and the playoffs (yeah, I'm assuming playoffs) after teams get a little film and the book on MM's offense. I have little faith in Schottenheimer so it's all on Mike McCarthy as I'm still wary due to the big cluster of hiring Mike Nolan (another coach's son and in the NFL coaching fraternity). Call me a bit gun shy (you hunters and shooters will get that terminology).

But yes, I AM excited for this train to get rolling. Playoffs with a first round bye, NFCCG, and please beat Philthy every time we meet them (either 2 or three times). I'll be ecstatic !

Let's roll!

GO COWBOYS !

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is the most excited I've been since 2015 and 2017 . . . both post playoff years that devastated me. I don't see that at all happening this year because of the defense but, yes RBH, I'm excited and I too wonder if McCarthy's offense will be up to the task. My only question marks are on offense with the OLine and the RB room.

Can we challenge defenses over the 17 game season and the playoffs (yeah, I'm assuming playoffs) after teams get a little film and the book on MM's offense. I have little faith in Schottenheimer so it's all on Mike McCarthy as I'm still wary due to the big cluster of hiring Mike Nolan (another coach's son and in the NFL coaching fraternity). Call me a bit gun shy (you hunters and shooters will get that terminology).

But yes, I AM excited for this train to get rolling. Playoffs with a first round bye, NFCCG, and please beat Philthy every time we meet them (either 2 or three times). I'll be ecstatic !

Let's roll!

GO COWBOYS !

Hey, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, as long as one of those two wins is in the playoffs haha. I am excited to see what we do this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Training camp and offseason is always a time for renewed optimism.

This season sets us for some high drama as MM takes over the offense and play-calling which we can directly hold him accountable for this new Texas Coast offense along with the progress or setback which could come .

Expectations are high this season as we have have had two consecutive 12 win playoff seasons . Jethro has already said its Championship Game appearance or bust.

We can also watch how Moore impacts the Chargers offense developing Hurts .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m excited about the start of training camp every year regardless what the prospects for the Cowboys are. The start of training camp means football is back. I’m not only a Cowboys fan but an NFL fan. I love NFL football!

morat1959

Reaction score
I get that, but, at the same time, I think something feels different about this team. The lack of drama, for once, surrounding this team is a nice change. The team actually addressed a long time weakness in a serious way. We actually have weapons this year, on paper. I'm excited to see what happens.
I guess I’m too old school to look at it that way. I wish I shared your view and enthusiasm but have been sucked into the talk too many times. To quote Jimmy Johnson…”if you’re gonna talk to talk, you gotta walk the walk.”

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 years, shame on me. Never…until they prove it on the field!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I would say Anthony Brown was a good enough corner, opposite of Diggs. Too bad he go hurt. I think he'll be back in due time, even if with another team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wow, I’m glad the Eagles shipped Hurts off to the Chargers…..the NFC really is wide open now

Hopefully we can get Herbert signed here as the 3rd string quarterback
You lost me on that response ??