CFZ I am excited for training camp this year

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I guess I’m too old school to look at it that way. I wish I shared your view and enthusiasm but have been sucked into the talk too many times. To quote Jimmy Johnson…”if you’re gonna talk to talk, you gotta walk the walk.”

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 years, shame on me. Never…until they prove it on the field!

Perhaps, and I'm not necessarily saying we are Super Bowl bound. But, I do think expecting an NFCC appearance is about right from this point of the year. I think we have slowly improved season after season, so, with the team we have, I don't see why we can't make at least the NFCC.

shabazz

Reaction score
Perhaps, and I'm not necessarily saying we are Super Bowl bound. But, I do think expecting an NFCC appearance is about right from this point of the year. I think we have slowly improved season after season, so, with the team we have, I don't see why we can't make at least the NFCC.
We have definitely done a better job addressing needs in the off-season than we did last years and thats a blessing, however we still have a few questions at TE, RB and kicker

the rubber will meet the road when we get to match up against the Niners and Eagles and see if we can equal or best them in the trenches on both sides of the ball

morat1959

Reaction score
We’ll just agree to disagree. I see an elephant in the room and you don’t which is fine. Everyone has different opinions of players.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We have definitely done a better job addressing needs in the off-season than we did last years and thats a blessing, however we still have a few questions at TE, RB and kicker

the rubber will meet the road when we get to match up against the Niners and Eagles and see if we can equal or best them in the trenches on both sides of the ball

Fur sure, and, hopefully, we will be able to get it to work.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am very excited for training camp. What a difference a year makes! Last year, going into camp, we had controversy surrounding the Amari Cooper trade. That left us with Lamb, Gallup (coming off a late season ACL injury, and he didn't return until almost midway in the season), Noah Brown, a rookie Tolbert, Fehoko, and a bunch of UDFAs like Dennis Houston. Not exactly WR royalty. We also didn't exactly have a great CB opposite Diggs. We were relying on a 5th round NT, who we cut before the season. Oh, and we had the media sniffing around frequently asking if McCarthy was going to get the sack for Payton everytime he filled his coffee. We were being told that the team had too much controversy and not enough talent to be good enough last season. We then lost Dak for 5 games and were told we should just tank and get Payton. But, then Cooper Rush went 4-1. Dak came back, and you all know the rest of the story from last year.

Now, we come to this year. Firstly, *knocks on wood* have you noticed that this has been a very quiet offseason for the Cowboys? Usually by now, a player or decision would've been made to set the team on fire. But, this seems to be the quietest offseason I've seen from the Cowboys in a while, and I love it. It makes it easier for the team to focus, and we don't seem to have any obvious suspensions coming down the pipe. Secondly, we improved our WR group with Cooks, and Lamb should be better now that he's had another full offseason to rehabilitate his leg. So, now we enter TC with our first 3 WRs being Lamb, Cooks, and what should be a healthy Gallup. What a change that is! Plus, I think we upgraded at TE with Schoonmacher over Schultz. Our CB opposite Diggs is now Gillmore. That should make Diggs' job easier. Oh, and now we have Hankins and Mazi Smith at NT. Mazi is the first NT we've taken in the first round since Russell Maryland. I'm excited for how he develops. We also just signed a kicker from the Birmingham Stallions, who I saw last week in the Championship. He looked very good. All in all, this should be a fun and exciting Training Camp. I, for one, am excited to see how it plays out.
Its a very good year to be excited for TC, more than previous seasons.
We now have a layer of draft stock, not just this year's class, and when you think about that for a moment there is more than enough reason to be paying very close attention to this year's camp.
We are right in the middle of seeing draft stock like Sam Williams just talking depth currently behind DLaw, pushing for snaps.
This D has pass rushers from several different angles with speed to the backfield.
Im just talking about the very obvious.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Its a very good year to be excited for TC, more than previous seasons.
We now have a layer of draft stock, not just this year's class, and when you think about that for a moment there is more than enough reason to be paying very close attention to this year's camp.
We are right in the middle of seeing draft stock like Sam Williams just talking depth currently behind DLaw, pushing for snaps.
This D has pass rushers from several different angles with speed to the backfield.
Im just talking about the very obvious.

Exactly, and this team is looking very solid overall.

Motorola

Reaction score
I’m excited about the start of training camp every year regardless what the prospects for the Cowboys are. The start of training camp means football is back. I’m not only a Cowboys fan but an NFL fan. I love NFL football!
'KJJ' ...Kudos to your comment!!!
I'm bemused about CZers /Cowboys Fans / Other NFL Team Followers that declare what the rest of league teams do every season is of no interest to them.
All 32 franchises are part and parcel to how each and every season unfolds - from having individual players have record-breaking
performances - to a long doldrum team just unexpectedly explode to become a title contender no one expected to happen.
Like you -- I always have interest what happens league-wide -- in addition to what our Cowboys do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
'KJJ' ...Kudos to your comment!!!
I'm bemused about CZers /Cowboys Fans / Other NFL Team Followers that declare what the rest of league teams do every season is of no interest to them.
All 32 franchises are part and parcel to how each and every season unfolds - from having individual players have record-breaking
performances - to a long doldrum team just unexpectedly explode to become a title contender no one expected to happen.
Like you -- I always have interest what happens league-wide -- in addition to what our Cowboys do.
When I first started following the Cowboys during the 72 season, I only watched their games for about half the season. As the 72 season went on I started to become more interested in how their division opponents did, because I knew that would affect the Cowboys and their playoff chances. The more games I watched the more interested I became in the entire league.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, and it should be more fun conversations as a result. Go Cowboys!

Being born in late 92, I didn't exactly see the Cowboys at our best in the 90s. That said, I am very optimistic for this season given the moves that were made and given how behaved the players seem to have been this offseason. We haven't heard any stupid things from the team this offseason. This should be fun.
"Being born in late '92"? You're killing me! To my wife's dismay, I may have boots older than you.

Just kidding you, of course!

Although, a pair of my boots are at least 30 years old. What can I say, when they are comfortable and nearly indestructible, you keep them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"Being born in late '92"? You're killing me! To my wife's dismay, I may have boots older than you.

Just kidding you, of course!

Although, a pair of my boots are at least 30 years old. What can I say, when they are comfortable and nearly indestructible, you keep them.

Haha, that's possible to be sure, and yes, if they work, don't fix them haha.