I am here

Xelda

Reaction score
:starspin::welcome::starspin:I do believe you've come to the right place to have the name Number1 as long as you keep a Cowboys themed avatar. If any other team pops up in your picture, we'll hog tie you and talk sense to you. Ok boys, he's all yours.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:starspin::welcome::starspin:I do believe you've come to the right place to have the name Number1 as long as you keep a Cowboys themed avatar. If any other team pops up in your picture, we'll hog tie you and talk sense to you. Ok boys, he's all yours.
You're just assuming it a guy. If it's a girl, is the hog tying thing still cool?

Londonboy

Reaction score
You're just assuming it a guy. If it's a girl, is the hog tying thing still cool?
Profile (just click on an Avatar to view) says Male, 56.

Why do We use the phrase "hog tied"?
Is extreme pig restraint common?
Why is it deemed necessary?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Rules vary depending on the venue. Some contests use larger pigs, while others use those that are smaller. Some include a single pig, while others use more than one. The pigs are coated with shortening, vegetable oil, lard, or another lubricant. Contestants chase the pigs around a field or other determined area. Depending on the contest, contestants either try to get one or both hands on the pig, tackle and hold the pig down, or drag the pig to a set point. There may be several rounds per contest. The prize for winning is often the pig itself.

Children too young to compete in pig wrestling may compete in a greased pig chase, the object of which is to hang onto a greased pig for a certain amount of time. A more juvenile pig is often used for this competition.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Rules vary depending on the venue. Some contests use larger pigs, while others use those that are smaller. Some include a single pig, while others use more than one. The pigs are coated with shortening, vegetable oil, lard, or another lubricant. Contestants chase the pigs around a field or other determined area. Depending on the contest, contestants either try to get one or both hands on the pig, tackle and hold the pig down, or drag the pig to a set point. There may be several rounds per contest. The prize for winning is often the pig itself.

Children too young to compete in pig wrestling may compete in a greased pig chase, the object of which is to hang onto a greased pig for a certain amount of time. A more juvenile pig is often used for this competition.
Thanks Buddy, good info (though I can't help feeling that I had a deprived Childhood, all I got to do was play Footie and Cricket), I assume that some variants involved tying up the Hog - hence the phrase.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And the best thing is since the pig is already greased, you can slide it into a big deep fryer and voila, stuffed pork skins.

There is this odd thing BBQ joints in the south that specialize in pork do. They use cartoon renderings of little pigs on their signage and sometimes the menu. Don't know about you but I would just as soon not dwell on what the food was before it was food. And I sure as hell don't want to think I am dining on Porky Pig's family. If they feel compelled to have a "mascot" for the restaurant, don't make it cute, make it mean and ugly. Like a mean old hog taking a school bus full of children hostage. Hell yeah, I'll devour him!

Xelda

Reaction score
I'll bet you won't find this particular type of learning in other football forums. I can only imagine what a Saints forum would have considering all the Cajuns. From welcoming Number1 to greased pig wrangling, we're going to need more new members to introduce themselves. We could also use a score board to count how many we've scared off.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll bet you won't find this particular type of learning in other football forums. I can only imagine what a Saints forum would have considering all the Cajuns. From welcoming Number1 to greased pig wrangling, we're going to need more new members to introduce themselves. We could also use a score board to count how many we've scared off.
I consider us well rounded and not afraid to approach any subject, regardless of how ignorant we might be on that subject. There's something for everybody and we learn quickly the ones that want to play and the ones that are just here to discuss the Cowboys.

And that is just fine with me. Some do not have the time to play around and have a limited amount of time to devote to this. Most of us who do play here have the time or we make the time and it seems to lean more away from football for a lot of us. I feel there is just so much I can say about any specific player or the team. Holy Groundhog Day, how many Rico Gathers threads have there been? And Dez has more than when he was a Cowboy.

This site is really different and when I was here once before I didn't like it very much because of all the too serious convo out in the main forum and my style of posting didn't fly here near as well as the old dc.com where posters knew to ignore me. They either played along or passed right on by.

I like the Members Zone and Off Topic much better than the main forum and feel more comfortable being me there than out there. And since my only NFL ball this season is going to be the Cowboys unless they screw it up like they did in ATL, I make these other two Zones my home ports. On the old forum, I don't think that would have flown. If I'd given up on the Cowboys, I would have had to give up on the Forum and that would have been really difficult.

I have no problem admitting I don't just like this, I need this. I need a good fix of my folks every day and if someone would have told me that I would become so attached to people I've never met, I would have called them wacky. Football used to be a good escape from the real world but this site has become more of that and even when we bring the real world in, we're trying to fix it or make fun of it.