I am really curious, blokes

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With 2 decades of frustration, the supposed conspiracy by the NFL/Goodell/owners, the roiling of fans and growing distaste toward rich, seemingly ungrateful players ... will any of you ruffians sit out next year?

Or is banging our collectives head on the concrete wall achieving results?

Or will you make up your mind if and when Garrett is fired or the draft is a disaster or if it is a success with someone like Jim Harbaugh in charge?

Holla

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'm glad you brought it up, old chap. I'm seriously considering it. I'm just not sure it's worth it all anymore.

I'm going to sit out next week and see how it is and try the rest of the season and go from there. The excitement of a new season next year will be hard to resist, but the bad taste leftover from the Zeke suspension, the unnecessary politicizication of the game, and the ever worsening product just make it a good time to try and ween off of it. We'll see how it goes.

Sydla

Reaction score
I said in another thread, if they retain Garrett I am going to take a long hard look at how much time I invest in this franchise going forward. I can actually find a lot more productive things to do on fall Sunday's in 2018 than waste 4 hours watching this futile franchise and owner blindly support a coach who clearly can't and won't win anything of value.

Why support a franchise who seemingly has no desire to make a tough, yet correct choice and try to put a quality product on the field for its fans?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I said in another thread, if they retain Garrett I am going to take a long hard look at how much time I invest in this franchise going forward. I can actually find a lot more productive things to do on fall Sunday's in 2018 than waste 4 hours watching this futile franchise and owner blindly support a coach who clearly can't and won't win anything of value.

Why support a franchise who seemingly has no desire to make a tough, yet correct choice and try to put a quality product on the field for its fans?

Amen. The retention of Garrett seems like a good yardstick for potential further participation.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
With 2 decades of frustration, the supposed conspiracy by the NFL/Goodell/owners, the roiling of fans and growing distaste toward rich, seemingly ungrateful players ... will any of you ruffians sit out next year?

Or will you make up your mind if and when Garrett is fired or the draft is a disaster or if it is a success with someone like Jim Harbaugh in charge?

Holla

I sat through some tough years which included Clint Stoerner, Anthony Wright, and Chad Hutchinson at QB. I didn’t sit out then and won’t sit out now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ungrateful owners or ungrateful players? What should the players be grateful for? To bash their heads in until they get enough holes in their brain so they can plan for early retirement?

bysbox1

Reaction score

Holla

For the thousandth time, Jim Harbaugh is not going anywhere. I won't tell you how I know this, but trust me I know this.

That said, I don't bang my head against a wall about it. And as a friend of mine once said if you are going to boycott the NFL/Cowboys, you should boycott the products that support the NFL too. That's a lot of products.

I don't watch the same way I used to back in the 90's. I can take it or leave it TBH.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For starters? That they make, on average, 30 times what cops, soldiers, nurses, teachers and first responders make. And maybe that like three of those professions listed. They don't have to dodge bullets or falling burning structures.
Instead, they bash their heads in and get holes in their brain.....not only that but put their body in such punishment that some can't even walk in their 50s....you can't pay me to do that....NFL should be greatful these guys do it...while owners sit in their booth and get fat.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Instead, they bash their heads in and get holes in their brain.....not only that but put their body in such punishment that some can't even walk in their 50s....you can't pay me to do that....NFL should be greatful these guys do it...while owners sit in their booth and get fat.
So, let me get this straight. Football can be dangerous? It can leave lifelong debilitations? Do the players know this? Can their colleges educated minds grasp the seriousness?
The players should tell the owners and their millions to go to hell, don't you think?

Wood

Reaction score

Holla

Its good question. Lots of moving parts here. At thanksgiving 4 different NFL fans told me they no longer watch football over the kneeling during national anthem. Now we have totally dysfunctional team. We also have owner who did not improve his image this season. I really have no idea which way all of this is going. We had discussion last week about how the NFL likely only has about 10 years left as viable product to watch so I guess I will just hang in there and continue to watch. I might just look at box scores rest of this season as its all draft for me now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. Football can be dangerous? It can leave lifelong debilitations? Do the players know this? Can their colleges educated minds grasp the seriousness?
The players should tell the owners and their millions to go to hell, don't you think?
I agree they should. Players are starting to wise up. The NFL has benefited off of coaches teaching these kids to "leave it all out on the field"...teaching them kill them selves all for the love of the game. Just shut up and play football. This year though....players have had enough. NFL will die out very soon if they don't do something.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

Honestly, not really. Many players simply like to compete, and if they make an NFL team they are well compensated for it. The NFL has an inherent danger, always has. Racing, boxing etc. also has an inherent danger. Many drivers put their own money on the line to do it, most never make it to Earnhart or Ayrton Senna status, but even those greats died competing. Yet there are many players who will put their health on the line every day just for the chance to compete and bring home a paycheck.

Even a lower level DL, making the NFL minimum will make more in five years than the average worker in a lifetime, and set themselves and their family up for a nice life.

edit: Forgot to add, even if players, Say Richard Sherman or Matt Ryan told the owner to go to hell...there's a legion of players waiting to take their spot and set themselves up even knowing the risk of injuries.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

They have that option, of course. Then again, they have a penchant for the money that the pro game affords them. That attraction is something that they obviously have in common with the owners. Additionally, many of the players have a love for the game itself, even though they fully realize it endangers their well being in the long run. The trade-off is one that they're willing to take, despite being totally aware of the dangers that threaten their very lives and their health. It evidently takes a special breed of individuals to live with the risks that they knowingly take. Go figure.

Last edited:

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
They have that option, of course. Then again, they have a penchant for the money that the pro game affords them. That attraction is something that they obviously have in common with the owners. Additionally, many of the players have a love for the game itself, even though they fully realize it endangers their well being in the long run. The trade-off is one that they're willing to take, despite being totally aware of the dangers that threaten their very lives and their health. It evidently takes a special breed of individuals to live with the risks that they knowingly take. Go figure.

Yep, our police, military and firefighters do it every day. Props to them.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Tough question after 3 big losses!! Probably will continue to watch them but with not so much enthusiasm. Even the last few years it has lost importance to me and if l miss a game it doesn't bother me at all. I am more of a casual fan now. All pro sports have become a big disappoint with all the hype and greed. Its really become too much. Take the NFL, I mean the on field product is terrible most of the time. Heck, most of the stadiums are half empty.