I am really curious, blokes

pavalley

Reaction score
With 2 decades of frustration, the supposed conspiracy by the NFL/Goodell/owners, the roiling of fans and growing distaste toward rich, seemingly ungrateful players ... will any of you ruffians sit out next year?

Or is banging our collectives head on the concrete wall achieving results?

Or will you make up your mind if and when Garrett is fired or the draft is a disaster or if it is a success with someone like Jim Harbaugh in charge?

Holla
already sitting out....nice and peaceful, stress free...best thanksgiving ever...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough question after 3 big losses!! Probably will continue to watch them but with not so much enthusiasm. Even the last few years it has lost importance to me and if l miss a game it doesn't bother me at all. I am more of a casual fan now. All pro sports have become a big disappoint with all the hype and greed. Its really become too much. Take the NFL, I mean the on field product is terrible most of the time. Heck, most of the stadiums are half empty.
Yep. I watch more college football than NFL. Goodell, $, terrible refereeing and really horrible rule changes have destroyed the game forever.

fifaguy

Reaction score
With 2 decades of frustration, the supposed conspiracy by the NFL/Goodell/owners, the roiling of fans and growing distaste toward rich, seemingly ungrateful players ... will any of you ruffians sit out next year?

Or is banging our collectives head on the concrete wall achieving results?

Or will you make up your mind if and when Garrett is fired or the draft is a disaster or if it is a success with someone like Jim Harbaugh in charge?

Holla

In for a penny, in for a dollar...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm already 100% out on all but Dallas games and I'm half and half on them. Unheard of for the past 35 years. My family thinks something's wrong with me because I am not living and dying with the team. If Garrett is the coach I feel like I will be out totally but I know it will be tough to stay away. I lost interest in the NFL in general very quickly and I can sense the same thing coming about the Cowboys. I hate this feeling but I started to get feelings in the 2nd half yesterday that I would just rather see it fall completely apart and that hopefully full scale changes would happen.

pavalley

Reaction score
But you came here to look in, assess the teams, etc, correct, lad?
exactly, come here to get my cowboys news, seen them in every sb they played in.....if goodell stays with his current power I wont come back...poor product, poor officiating, take your pick.... the nfl will become nascar

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
For starters? That they make, on average, 30 times what cops, soldiers, nurses, teachers and first responders make. And maybe that like three of those professions listed. They don't have to dodge bullets or falling burning structures.

Disingenuous argument.

The players make what the market bears. Wayne Newton makes $600,000 a week in Vegas and hasn't had a hit since the '60's. I'm sure you would take full advantage or a skill that less than 1% of people could make if you possessed that skill and people were willing to pay you for it.

The comparisons to cops and firefighters and teachers salaries is a cheap emotional play with no basis in capitalistic reality and a tired cliche ridden excuse used by fans who resent athletes and we all know the reason is not all money. There are obvious "coded" messages in statements like that and I'm not saying you - but a segment of society.

Now - if you'd like to start a societal change in worldwide compensation go for it. Let's get sanitation workers into six figures, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I suggest you wait for Universal Basic Income to even things out in 20 years because it's coming.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Disingenuous argument.

The players make what the market bears. Wayne Newton makes $600,000 a week in Vegas and hasn't had a hit since the '60's. I'm sure you would take full advantage or a skill that less than 1% of people could make if you possessed that skill and people were willing to pay you for it.

The comparisons to cops and firefighters and teachers salaries is a cheap emotional play with no basis in capitalistic reality and a tired cliche ridden excuse used by fans who resent athletes and we all know the reason is not all money. There are obvious "coded" messages in statements like that and I'm not saying you - but a segment of society.

Now - if you'd like to start a societal change in worldwide compensation go for it. Let's get sanitation workers into six figures, I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I suggest you wait for Universal Basic Income to even things out in 20 years because it's coming.

WOW, You just really went their, CHEAP EMOTIONAL PLAY... You've been on this board a long time and just Lost all respect for you

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Disingenuous argument.

You can minimize the amount "pros" make but the average man and woman perform more essential jobs at 30 times less compensation. If bringing up a nurse's or teacher's or cops' pay scale upsets you, good. I have made my point, vacuous yank.
Professional athletes work hard for their money. Real people work just as hard but for 30 times less money.
Let that sink in before you plead hardship for the moneyed athletic set.

ksadler1

Reaction score

When you have a team whos players are constantly being suspended for drugs, domestic violence, conduct, etc etc, and an owner who pretty much refuses to do what needs to be done, this is what you get. Every year I pray that we can start JUST ONE FRICKEN YEAR without all the baggage and distractions. Every year, these idiots let us down. All this crap finally caught up to this team. If you guys don't think these type of issues take a toll on a team, think again. Zeke, and the rest of these clowns, had better grow the hell up. If they don't care, why should we? I'm pretty much done with this year. I'm a fan of Jerry getting embarrassed more than anything else at this point. But will he do anything about it? Doubtful.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When you have a team whos players are constantly being suspended for drugs, domestic violence, conduct, etc etc, and an owner who pretty much refuses to do what needs to be done, this is what you get. Every year I pray that we can start JUST ONE FRICKEN YEAR without all the baggage and distractions. Every year, these idiots let us down. All this crap finally caught up to this team. If you guys don't think these type of issues take a toll on a team, think again. Zeke, and the rest of these clowns, had better grow the hell up. If they don't care, why should we? I'm pretty much done with this year. I'm a fan of Jerry getting embarrassed more than anything else at this point. But will he do anything about it? Doubtful.....

Yes! Of course!
The answer is, next game, empty seats at the stadiums. A symbolic if not monetary gesture that Jones can appreciate.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
IMO, they are brainwashed to play. They spend most of their lives preparing for football.....minimal time prepping for life outside of football. You just don't have the time.
Then you should support none of it if they are exploited victims

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well,Gimmetheball!
It's no secret I pretty much hated the whole 80's decade, and would be 'off' in pursuits of 'higher'planes& loftier 'orbits'
,,,not that I wouldn't walk out the front hatch of me laid claim to man-cave on a Sunday afternoon with my TEAM fixing to debut on the tellie, mind you ol' bean, but some, if not many&most of the time my Cowboys 'fix' was placated rather handily by virtue of the Sunday papers sports section,,, that players union strike kinda' pumped up a fist full of mouthy Philly fans if I dare recall the brief and fuzzy shadowed shards of it all , and set me on a hard edge henceforth of more fulfilling pursuits,,, I can most CERTAINLY RETURN to old form once again, Friend:thumbup: