I am really sorry but Garrett is still a lousy game coach

ccb04

Reaction score
I'll say this.....

Garrett has the team playing with heart I haven't seen around the franchise in quite a while. Minus players like Dez, Hardy, Gregory, Scandrick, RoMac, (eventually Romo), etc...they showed their character.

Yes, they should've been running more. That said, Linehan & Romo are primary play callers. Romo held the ball too long on the play & was stripped...and subsequently hurt trying to recover the ball.

jrumann59

Reaction score
False starts were more depressing than anything. Not much you can do in game besides emphasizing the snap count and going on 1

Hoov

Reaction score
I was screaming at the top of my lungs just before the play where Romo was injured that we should be running the ball. Instead they went empty backfield and exposed our franchise QB. We had their defense extremely gassed. We needed to run the ball down their throats but no, Red ball throws. Are you kidding me? What a terrible in game decision. For everything Bill Parcells was as a coach, this guy is not. How can you be that clueless?

I was so super duper mad at that play. I was going off in the house that this never ever should have happened.

1st. Is it Garrett or linehan. But someone was a pass happy ho cake to go empty backfield there. Especially with backup at ilb position.

Then tony has to know above all else ball security is a must. Your are winning by 13. In fg range and 1st down. Throw it away or just irk up and take sack.

But no. Fumbling stumbling rumbling whoops I lost the ball.

Then of course a back up lb jumps on him and breaks his clavicle.

The whole scenario never ever should have happened. You didn't need to be aggressive. Why expose unnecessarily. The defense was gassed and pissed. So they are going to try and hit qb hard. It's just unnecessary on 1st down after 30 yard pass. Run to keep the defense honest.

I'll say this. Boy they sure remembered how to call a run play when weed on took the field.

Dollar late and a day short.

Though weeden did a nice job, I'm just so pissed romo got taken out in this type of situation.

Pokes12

Reaction score
I was so super duper mad at that play. I was going off in the house that this never ever should have happened.

1st. Is it Garrett or linehan. But someone was a pass happy ho cake to go empty backfield there. Especially with backup at ilb position.

Then tony has to know above all else ball security is a must. Your are winning by 13. In fg range and 1st down. Throw it away or just irk up and take sack.

But no. Fumbling stumbling rumbling whoops I lost the ball.

Then of course a back up lb jumps on him and breaks his clavicle.

The whole scenario never ever should have happened. You didn't need to be aggressive. Why expose unnecessarily. The defense was gassed and pissed. So they are going to try and hit qb hard. It's just unnecessary on 1st down after 30 yard pass. Run to keep the defense honest.

I'll say this. Boy they sure remembered how to call a run play when weed on took the field.

Dollar late and a day short.

Though weeden did a nice job, I'm just so pissed romo got taken out in this type of situation.

You are so right. Why was it OK to run when Weeden came in? How weird was it that he took no time to warm up his arm? What a weird game and year.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We aren't the best offense when it comes to the quick hitters. I wish Romo would throw the ball away when we have those plays and somebody screws up. It's really a 1-look play and if it's not there, get rid of it. But, when he hangs onto the ball on other plays, he often makes big plays out of nothing, so it's hard to teach him out of that.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering how screwed up the game went today, drawing any conclusion about Garretts ability as a game coach might be unwise. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was screaming at the top of my lungs just before the play where Romo was injured that we should be running the ball. Instead they went empty backfield and exposed our franchise QB. We had their defense extremely gassed. We needed to run the ball down their throats but no, Red ball throws. Are you kidding me? What a terrible in game decision. For everything Bill Parcells was as a coach, this guy is not. How can you be that clueless?

Couple things..................

-Garrett doesnt manage the games anymore. Linehan runs the offense.
-I was proud of Garrett, he actually threw the red flags proper yesterday and was clapping for his team when they needed it. LOL
-Parcells was a horrid coach for Dallas. Please dont mention that again.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If Bailey hadn't grabbed Murray, Tony wouldn't have had his clavicle broken. I'm smarting about that. :angry:

jrumann59

Reaction score
If Bailey hadn't grabbed Murray, Tony wouldn't have had his clavicle broken. I'm smarting about that. :angry:

Lets take it step farther if Carr didn't do his best imitation of a hurdle Bailey wouldn't have shoved murray

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

1352.gif

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was enbarassed quite frankly...
Garrett was supposed to be instilling discipline on this team !

That's what I'm most concerned with. It reminded me too much of the 8-8 Wade years. Always beating ourselves. The one difference this time was that we won. We can't expect that every week.

Reaction score
alright, you got me, I clicked. The Cowboy's have won games they wouldn't have in the past and I learned here W's are all that matters so......... goes both ways

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Linehan calls the plays not Romo. Hiw can you be that clueless?