I am starting to believe the Joneses hate the fans

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Two things Jerry Jones really loves. One is attention (fame). Constant attention. Media fame. And two is money. Big money. Being owner of the Dallas Cowboys affords him both when the team wins or loses or somewhere in between. So, what the team does on the field is not really relevant. It does not matter. So, why should he put in the hard, hard work to be a good GM and a championship team? He has all he wants. All he really needs.

heir

Reaction score
They actually love the fans because they know we will keep going to games, keep watching games, keep watching any interviews they do and any Netflix special they put out without them having to actually be good at anything they do. We as fans need to really take a stand at some point.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
It’s not hatred, we are a means to their ends…atop the Forbes list.

Mission accomplished!

shabazz

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stevie hear the fans. They read the comments. They know they are largely hated by the fan base. I am starting to believe they are now sticking it to the fans on purpose. Say All In yet do different. They need to sell season tickets and merchandise to fuel their greed and ego. Give the guppies some hope that’s the ticket. 30 years and counting so what? Spend your money on them. Suckers.

I think that’s a part of what’s going on here. Sad but probably true.

Thoughts?
Does their hatred of fans overshadow the fact that they are being viewed as buffoons by all their peers and the media?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Jerry just loves the money, the spotlight. Being the face of the franchise, the owner, the GM, the coach, the medical advisor, the media manager, and of course the king of sound bites. Name another owner that has his own radio show, Jerry autographs items as much as any rock star. I don't think he hates us, he thrives on the fan base and has turned our love for the Cowboys into the richest sports franchise in the world. He has created a dynasty that lifts the Forbes trophy every year. :(

kskboys

Reaction score
So Jerry and Stevie hear the fans. They read the comments. They know they are largely hated by the fan base. I am starting to believe they are now sticking it to the fans on purpose. Say All In yet do different. They need to sell season tickets and merchandise to fuel their greed and ego. Give the guppies some hope that’s the ticket. 30 years and counting so what? Spend your money on them. Suckers.

Thoughts?
Hate? No.

Don't care? Not even a little.

kskboys

Reaction score
Does their hatred of fans overshadow the fact that they are being viewed as buffoons by all their peers and the media?
Hey, did you get your name from the fighter on "The Great White Hype"?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
are you kidding?? The Joneses *LOVE* the fans!

The fans keep buying hats and jerseys and t-shirts and collectables.
The fans keep watching every game boosting TV ratings
The fans keep going to games at AT&T and overpaying for food, beer, and souvenirs.
The fans stick around no matter how disappointing every season over the last 30years has been.

As long as profits keep going up, there is no need to change the business model.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans certainly have a strange way of showing their dissatisfaction with the product.

Maybe we are sending them the wrong message?

kskboys

Reaction score
I used to say Jerry isn't football smart but I never questioned that he wanted to win, always felt he did. Who wouldn't?

I still don't question it, except now I have NO question that he doesn't care about winning
Let's see, a GM/owner knows that what he's doing won't work and that he's bad at it, but insists on doing it anyway. Are you sure he wants to win?

plymkr

Reaction score

Thoughts?
I think Jerry and the Jones family only care about themselves. The fans are sheep to them that provide money. That’s our role. They don’t care about us as long as they make money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We go thru this every year. Then we start 3-0 or 6-2, etc the Hype begins again.

Sjoseph316

Reaction score

Thoughts?
This is exactly right, I wanted to make a thread saying pretty much the same thing but I can’t make threads yet. The Jones’s are so egotistical and arrogant it‘s disgusting. They definitely have People read comments and they are purposely ignoring anything and everything fans suggest or want.
I guarantee you if in the draft there’s let’s say “Joe Blow” available for our first pick and they see that fans really want “Joe“, they will pick someone else. Sounds crazy and you can say they don’t care what fans think, which they don’t, but they also are gonna show the fans who is in charge, who makes all the decisions.
it’s a damn clown show in Dallas and to be honest I don’t care if we go 0-17 every year for the rest of my life, 44 years I’ve been die hard but now I’m so sick of the Jones’s arrogance and incompetence it burns me up.