I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching the NFL

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Enjoying the fantasy side of it more than the reality side of it these days.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly this organization is nothing like the one when Coach Landry was here. He wouldn't even recognize it today. But I hear you and it's the main reason I stay.
Of course, what coach from the 60's-80's would recognize their team today? But I sure do miss those 1970's teams. That's when my love of the NFL and the Cowboys developed.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The refs are turrible!
The rules suck azz!
The NFL is trending towards being a joke!

The Cowboys have been the same for decades and Jerry can't do it without Jimmy cause Jimmy was the main piece. What dumbazz thinks you don't need a NT or S?

Sunday, I'll be enjoying my day before DAL plays driving around Dallas eating Buffett etc...so if they wet the bed vs PHI...sweet, one step closer to firing JG.

Look if you watch this team thinking their going to win it all, your highly delusional...DAL hasn't been close for a long time. Just a lot of false advertising by Jerry nem.

Flamma

Reaction score
It would have been inconceivable to me years ago but I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching any NFL. I know it sounds maudlin and dramatic but I have lost so much joy for the league and have interests elsewhere that I actually think it could happen. I am a hockey maniac so it’s not like there is no winter sport for me. Cowboys aside I hate what this league has done and the games are unwatchable at times. I also have no hope that the Cowboys will re capture their glory as long as the Jones family owns them. I used to think things would be better when Jerry passed on but I think Stephen will be worse is some ways. Watching this team sleep walk through the last 3 games and Jerry defending this clown of a coach has me nearing the end of the line. I went Salmon fishing the last few days so really didn’t pay attention to the game. My buddy and I were actually howling over the Jets beating them. I dropped a note here early last week and all but predicted how that game could turn out. It did.

My doomsday clock is at about 11:50. Where are you guys at? Could you give up football?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I used to be a big fan of all 4 major sports. Basketball has changed for the worse and I stopped watching or caring back in the early part of this century. Baseball has changed for the worse and I stopped caring around the same time. Hockey I think has changed for the better and love it even more. The NFL is changing for the worse but since the Cowboys have been by far my all time favorite team is it very hard for me to let go. But I'll admit, 95% of the games that do not include the Cowboys are unwatchable to me.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It would have been inconceivable to me years ago but I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching any NFL. I know it sounds maudlin and dramatic but I have lost so much joy for the league and have interests elsewhere that I actually think it could happen. I am a hockey maniac so it’s not like there is no winter sport for me. Cowboys aside I hate what this league has done and the games are unwatchable at times. I also have no hope that the Cowboys will re capture their glory as long as the Jones family owns them. I used to think things would be better when Jerry passed on but I think Stephen will be worse is some ways. Watching this team sleep walk through the last 3 games and Jerry defending this clown of a coach has me nearing the end of the line. I went Salmon fishing the last few days so really didn’t pay attention to the game. My buddy and I were actually howling over the Jets beating them. I dropped a note here early last week and all but predicted how that game could turn out. It did.

My doomsday clock is at about 11:50. Where are you guys at? Could you give up football?

11:58

foofighters

Reaction score

Ya, I am considering not watching the game Sunday night. If I do watch it, and it's a blow out, I am turning it off.

ClearVision

Reaction score

You can try..

But all of a sudden you will get giddy and seek out a Super Bowl ..

I’ve tried.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Probably 10 or 11 years ago I didn't completely loose interest in the cowboys but started following other teams casually and now I love the NFL more than ever.

Watch every cowboys game and follow the news/transaction but I also spend a ton of time watching other good NFL matchups.

I"m at the point now where I don't care what team i'm watching as long as it's a good matchup. It's actually alot more fun this way than just only watching the games of a single team.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I have given up on the NFL. And try to watch the Cowboys when they are on locally here in Milwaukee WI. Even then I don't watch much of the game. I just can't stand the current product that the NFL puts out there. I was a super crazy psycho NFL/ Cowboys fan. It is why I am so addicted to this site.
I don't miss not watching the NFL. I have become an avid NHL fan now. The NHL now gets my money and tv viewing time. More so my family and 4 year old son gets my time over watching anything. Amazing how things change so much when I had a kid. It's like I finally realized that the NFL is just a form of entertainment. Why care so much about it? I love football and I take my kid to the local High School every Friday to enjoy some time with the kid and to get football fix.

Hockey and baseball are tops for me. Basketball I don’t do at all anymore. Football is at a crossroads for sure.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
NFL and mma are the only sports I watch so I'm not going to stop. It's not like it's new that the cowboys havent been a good team.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loved the game since I can remember. Played in high school, overseas, and some flag stateside. The Cowboys will be in my blood until the caretaker does his job. Hate the NFL product, but I have the memories of the 70's-90's, to always reflect.

Beaker42

Reaction score

I’m at 11:59:48 ...... one more dumb call or penalty will be the final straw. Hoping for an Eagles beat down of the Cowboys so Jerrah hears the boos rain down from inside his palace of horrors.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve said this for a few years now, but I will commit that if Garrett is back after the season, I will ban them until he’s gone. Enough is enough.

GMO415

Reaction score
Why do people insist on coming in here and giving their manifesto about leaving.

Just leave. We didn't know you prior, we don't know you now, and we won't care when your gone. In fact, we won't even notice.