Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching the NFL
tenor.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the key word there: entertainment. Watching the Dallas Cowboys is not entertaining to me right now, and recent history suggests things are not going to end well. I find it that I cannot sit through an entire game with this team right now. If things don't change, then they aren't gonna change.

I was like that when I was younger. The decline of the Landry dynasty almost killed me.

But now, I enjoy the wins and the losses. I adapted. I look forward to the new and creative ways they find to lose games. What i'm really rooting for is a humiliating end to the Garret and Jerry era...........everything in due time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you. I am a guy with little patience. The stupidity irks me to no end. I gave up yelling at the TV years ago. Now I just simmer in silence.

I'm pretty stoic watching these days. I've adapted to being a fan of a bad team. Most folks just offer condolences when they ask my team.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The losing is part of the entertainment of the NFL, it's rough because I do think our 2007 and 2014 teams were talented enough to go all the way and they were missed opportunities, but it is what it is.

Having said that, I haven't spent a dime on any NFL merchandise or given them views since about 2014 or so. I don't like where the league is going and have for about a decade now. The continuing neutering of NFL defenses over safety issues and trying to get "big play highlights" from offenses is not why I fell in love with the game. I, personally, like the violence of the game. I like players getting popped over the middle. QBs getting knocked out. I don't want to hear this "you're heartless man", myself and many others watch boxing where the intent is to physically harm the opponent, yet I'm supposed to have some difference in morals when it comes to football? I like tough smash mouth football.

It's the digital age, football is competing with a crap ton more forms of entertainment. Football is not the only thing to watch on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays.

johneric8

Reaction score
It would have been inconceivable to me years ago but I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching any NFL. I know it sounds maudlin and dramatic but I have lost so much joy for the league and have interests elsewhere that I actually think it could happen. I am a hockey maniac so it’s not like there is no winter sport for me. Cowboys aside I hate what this league has done and the games are unwatchable at times. I also have no hope that the Cowboys will re capture their glory as long as the Jones family owns them. I used to think things would be better when Jerry passed on but I think Stephen will be worse is some ways. Watching this team sleep walk through the last 3 games and Jerry defending this clown of a coach has me nearing the end of the line. I went Salmon fishing the last few days so really didn’t pay attention to the game. My buddy and I were actually howling over the Jets beating them. I dropped a note here early last week and all but predicted how that game could turn out. It did.

My doomsday clock is at about 11:50. Where are you guys at? Could you give up football?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I get it man, It's incredibly difficult justifying being a fan of the cowboys as long as they stay with Garrett. It's become a cruel joke to true fans of the team and I'm right there with you.. I'm actually hoping for loses at this point if that tells you anything? I'm seriously excited to see them lose.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
being fortunate enough to own a ranch, I always have the option of turning off the tv on sunday and going out to hunt or fish. your posts would be missed. hope you hang in there.

I nabbed a few Kings in the Salmon River, NY this weekend.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Been a Cowboy fan since the 60s. Not going to give them up now.

Watching a Cowboy game is like watching a movie. There has to be a villain or two (check). Sometimes the bad guy wins but it’s well worth the feeling when the good guy wins. The saga continues...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I would never give up my fanhood for the Cowboys. The reason I'm so upset and depressed about football right now is the fact the Cowboys are struggling.

A couple wins and I'll perk right back up again. It's just human nature. Someday the Cowboys will be great again. We just have to remind ourselves things can turn for the better as quickly as they turned for the worse.

It's hard to be optimistic right now, but by Sunday night I'll be there, hoping and rooting once again.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It would have been inconceivable to me years ago but I am strongly considering giving up my fan hood and watching any NFL. I know it sounds maudlin and dramatic but I have lost so much joy for the league and have interests elsewhere that I actually think it could happen. I am a hockey maniac so it’s not like there is no winter sport for me. Cowboys aside I hate what this league has done and the games are unwatchable at times. I also have no hope that the Cowboys will re capture their glory as long as the Jones family owns them. I used to think things would be better when Jerry passed on but I think Stephen will be worse is some ways. Watching this team sleep walk through the last 3 games and Jerry defending this clown of a coach has me nearing the end of the line. I went Salmon fishing the last few days so really didn’t pay attention to the game. My buddy and I were actually howling over the Jets beating them. I dropped a note here early last week and all but predicted how that game could turn out. It did.

My doomsday clock is at about 11:50. Where are you guys at? Could you give up football?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

if we don’t advance past the Divisional round this year(which seems unlikely) and Garrett is back again next season. I can’t blame you. I say stick it out until then.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I feel I owe it to Coach Landry to stick it out.
Jerry bought the Cowboys....but not my memories of rooting for this team since March 16,1973.
Heck in his later years, I think it was reported he liked watching the Giants. I could be wrong. shruggs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not about to quit my fandom.

I will say, I have considered not devoting so much time to the Cowboys. As it stands now I spend a decent amount of time on this board, and listening to Cowboys podcasts and consuming Cowboys media.

I have considered drawing back. I would still watch games but try to invest less emotionally.

I especially feel that way if the Jones’ extend Garret. Honestly I am so sick of Garret and I am sick of the Jones’ sticking to an obviously mediocre coach who can’t get the team to the next level.

Like I said, I will probably always watch every cowboys game, but I would invest less of myself into being a fan.

I also really enjoy watching basketball, and yes the NBA has its own issues, but my favorite squad the Sixers have been very good the last couple of years. So I have been enjoying watching them just as much as the Cowboys lately.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Life is short, do what you enjoy. If the game brings you down that bad, then back out......but you won’t......;)