I am taking the just say no to hate pledge

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I hate despise whatever the iggles.

Yes, I "hate" the Eagles, but in this context it's not the same thing as being some kind of **** to them, but passionately wanting my team to beat them. If I meet an Eagles fan in real life, of course I can be good to them and even be friends.

kskboys

Reaction score
well if all of our draft picks had th eproductivity of Dez Bryant, even our Jerry and front office haters would have to admit how great our draft picks are. Im so tired of hearing his undisciplied routes also.........I bet cole beasley ran incredible precise routes.... all take Dez all day. UNless you are watching film and know the exat routes Dez was supposed to be running, you dont know much about the quality of "Routes," he was running.
No, I do know. We used to watch for it. Multiple times each game, if you watched for it, you'd see Dez jogging his routes. I'm not saying that for effect, we actually observed it. I'm not sure why you're tired of hearing it, it's a simple fact.

cern

Reaction score
No, I do know. We used to watch for it. Multiple times each game, if you watched for it, you'd see Dez jogging his routes. I'm not saying that for effect, we actually observed it. I'm not sure why you're tired of hearing it, it's a simple fact.
he was lazy. I remember the reels of him working out with the saints and he was two steps and two seconds behind everyone else in every drill. shows he did little to stay in shape after the cowboys released him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My daughter follows Dez on Instagram.... that guy busts his ***. Look at his workouts and then come back to me and tell me he did nothing to get where he was. Do you live with him? Were you at practices everyday? The guy was a great athlete... but there arelots of great athletes that never sniff the NFL. Perceptions are amazing, and often time not founded in reality. Dez Bryant exceeded expectations when he was drafted... well, unless you expect every 1st rd WR to become the teams all time leader in rec. touchdowns. We can only pray every first rd pick the cowboys makes has the career Dez Bryant had with us.

Dez downturn just coincided with a qbs downturn... not unlike Thomas in Denver, or most WRs when the starting QB goes down. Antonio Brown wouldnt have made a pop warner team with the numbers he had when Ben got hurt.
Sorry, didn't meant to kick up the Dezzie fever again. I do admire they're undying devotion to him. Don't get it but I do admire it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My daughter follows Dez on Instagram.... that guy busts his ***. Look at his workouts and then come back to me and tell me he did nothing to get where he was. Do you live with him? Were you at practices everyday? The guy was a great athlete... but there arelots of great athletes that never sniff the NFL. Perceptions are amazing, and often time not founded in reality. Dez Bryant exceeded expectations when he was drafted... well, unless you expect every 1st rd WR to become the teams all time leader in rec. touchdowns. We can only pray every first rd pick the cowboys makes has the career Dez Bryant had with us.

Dez downturn just coincided with a qbs downturn... not unlike Thomas in Denver, or most WRs when the starting QB goes down. Antonio Brown wouldnt have made a pop warner team with the numbers he had when Ben got hurt.
Reid, he refused to follow coaching. It was so bad with his position coach at OSU, one of the very best in the country, that he wasn't disappointed when Bryant lost his senior season. He was exasperating to coach because he refused to accept it and even told his position coach on the field during practice that "this is the way I play, if you didn't want this, why did you pick me"? His natural ability enabled him to get by with lazy routes.

And I give as much credit to his QB for his numbers because he figured out how to use him, just as he had figured out how to use Keyshawn. The problem was no one ever really gave him a reason to change, as long as they kept calling his number and the QB kept throwing the ball his way, he didn't see any reason to change.

Bryant's relationship with Romo and Prescott wasn't what Aikman had with Irvin and that timing based pass offense was a lot of the reason for that. Irvin knew Aikman wasn't going to throw him open, he had to be open. Used his hands too much to get there but he did get there. And if he didn't get open, he wasn't seeing the ball.

Brax

Reaction score
Wow, I'll be damned if my intentions didn't backfire and this has turned into an insult contest. Some people just h*** being asked not to h***.
yep, you created one h*ll of a love post , feelings hurt, calls to ban people for life, word police,name calling, humor police, history lessons, bad people memory association posts,crying, walling and gnashing of teeth, group conformity or out with them, Agree or stop posting, definitions according to the many, mob rule, this post has had it all, sniff sniff sniff, I'm all choked up. Why can't we all just post together and be one happy fam group. By the way thanks it's been great and entertaining. ........

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Reid, he refused to follow coaching. It was so bad with his position coach at OSU, one of the very best in the country, that he wasn't disappointed when Bryant lost his senior season. He was exasperating to coach because he refused to accept it and even told his position coach on the field during practice that "this is the way I play, if you didn't want this, why did you pick me"? His natural ability enabled him to get by with lazy routes.

And I give as much credit to his QB for his numbers because he figured out how to use him, just as he had figured out how to use Keyshawn. The problem was no one ever really gave him a reason to change, as long as they kept calling his number and the QB kept throwing the ball his way, he didn't see any reason to change.

Bryant's relationship with Romo and Prescott wasn't what Aikman had with Irvin and that timing based pass offense was a lot of the reason for that. Irvin knew Aikman wasn't going to throw him open, he had to be open. Used his hands too much to get there but he did get there. And if he didn't get open, he wasn't seeing the ball.

Damn, its a good thing Irvin was always open when Aikman threw him the ball.... if not, Irvin might have had to push off a little to get "Open."
I only wish our WRs could accept more coaching, then they might become the all tim eleader in TDs for us.Maybe Gallup will be that guy. I hear he is VERY coachable.
Hell, Wasnt Moore pretty damn coachable as well? He should be a HOF qb with how open he was to coaching. I know that Iverson guy... he had bad work habits as well and didnt like to practice. If only he would have practiced harder, he could have been the player he was capable of being and made the HOF or something.

kskboys

Reaction score

Don't forget Dez refusing to do his rehab, which led to losing the spring in his step. Since he'd never learned to run routes, just that loss of physical attribute ended his career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Damn, its a good thing Irvin was always open when Aikman threw him the ball.... if not, Irvin might have had to push off a little to get "Open."
I only wish our WRs could accept more coaching, then they might become the all tim eleader in TDs for us.Maybe Gallup will be that guy. I hear he is VERY coachable.
Hell, Wasnt Moore pretty damn coachable as well? He should be a HOF qb with how open he was to coaching. I know that Iverson guy... he had bad work habits as well and didnt like to practice. If only he would have practiced harder, he could have been the player he was capable of being and made the HOF or something.
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

It's OK to be lazy and have a bad attitude?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't meant to kick up the Dezzie fever again. I do admire they're undying devotion to him. Don't get it but I do admire it.
all time leader in TD receptions will get you a following. If only we had more gusy like Twill... RKG that listened and practiced harder. We need more of those guys.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

It's OK to be lazy and have a bad attitude?
Lazy and bad attitudes are very subjective.

Brady screams at people he is a leader... Dez screams and he is a cancer. Amazing how that works.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
he was lazy. I remember the reels of him working out with the saints and he was two steps and two seconds behind everyone else in every drill. shows he did little to stay in shape after the cowboys released him.
PLEASE give me a link to those reels. I would love to see them

kskboys

Reaction score
I apologize for bringing up Dez. Reid, you may have the last word concerning Dez, I promise to not respond.

"I've got some fond memories of San Angelo. And I've seen some beauty queens in El Paso. And the best lookin' women that I've ever seen, have all been in Texas and all wearin' jeans!!!!!"

Brax

Reaction score
I hear ya bro.. Pappy,, Im just a realist and I choose to live in Dak land,, don't get me wrong, I bet me and you both share the same opinions on the matter, but the realist in me already knows that this franchise, the Dallas Cowboys are investing their future in Dak.. there are no other alternatives,, we never draft an alternative.
I pray that this franchise does not resign Dak, let this season play out, and if Dak earns it, than he will be the highest payed QB in the entire league, he knows and the Cowboys know it,,
Let it play out,, if he doesn't earn it,, than the time will be next season to sale the farm to move up and draft a real Franchise QB. the pieces are already in place to have that scenario playout.
you know you could be labeled the H word with sensible views like that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I was benched for simply saying there was already too much censorship on the board.
That's it. That was all I said. No malice towards any mods. No smugness towards an
opposing opinion.

I also had a post deleted that was in response to the "drink the kool-aid" phrase.
The faux outrage at something that is regularly used in media and network tv
seemed silly to me.

But then, I thought about the Mendoza family. The descendents of a man
forever linked to a poor batting average. The shame must be unbearable.

And there's the Darwin family. Those poor, poor, stupid people.

Anyway, I hated being benched, but then I just sat around and drank kool-aid all day... lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep, you created one h*ll of a love post , feelings hurt, calls to ban people for life, word police,name calling, humor police, history lessons, bad people memory association posts,crying, walling and gnashing of teeth, group conformity or out with them, Agree or stop posting, definitions according to the many, mob rule, this post has had it all, sniff sniff sniff, I'm all choked up. Why can't we all just post together and be one happy fam group. By the way thanks it's been great and entertaining. ........
You're welcome