I am trying to figure Dak out instead of bashing him

InTheZone

Reaction score
tag dak, draft a QB or 3 and develop the 5 backups we would have. If we need to tag Dak for a 2nd time then so be it, but that gives our current guys 2 more years and the new guys 2 full years. And unless Dak lights it up in 2020 or 2021 just move on already.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to have an adult conversation. It's like I am living through the seven stages of grief with Dak.
All throughout the summer I said pa him the Nick Foles contract. He is making 500k, going to 23 million is a fair raise for his skillset and talent. Then obviously Goff & Wentz get paid, so i have come to accept that he will get close to 30 million. I think the real mistake is do not go into the 35 or 40 million range. I mean it is just stupid to do that for someone other than Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson type.
Dak is not a game changer, but he is also capable of being more than a game manager.
Let me ask you guys a crazy question, would you trade Dak for Gordon Minshew? It's not a 100% fair question. Do the Jags ever start Foles again?
With college producing so many good QB's can we find another Dak? I am just playing devils advocate here. Have said all of this if you can figure out your QB situation in the NFL you are well on your way to competing.

This team really lacks an identity. It's either 90's run heavy or throwing the ball 50 times a game. I really wish we would follow the Shanahan offense. Play to your strengths as a team.
Zeke is the best player on offense, we made him the highest paid RB, can we deploy him similar to what Carolina does with McCaffery?
I want us to be crisp on offense, please watch the highlights of the 49er game from last night. I want to use Zeke on tosses, misdirections, sweeps, not just a read zone up the middle run. We always seem to run out the shotgun, Teams know our running game.
Possessing the ball is something we should be doing. Play like 2016 only you have a much better QB & offense. The best defense is playing less defense. Convert third downs. Take a page from the Patriots.
They always play to their talent and scheme. Dak is a capable guy, but he is not Mahomes, Watson, Brees. He is most effective attempting in the low 30's, not 45. He is good at throwing deep balls, long posts. He also needs to go back and read the short to medium routes when available.
Well if you want all that , better buy the team and hire some better coaches :lmao2:
as it is we got the jones boys, clapper, the beaver as OC, and granny as DC
It dont matter who the qb is this team is going to be up and down and flounder around.
And like you say no real idenity, no attitude, just some guys who show up to be nice and play.

Considering his coaches, I think Dak is doing pretty good, and the op has a point about
dak playing for a contract , and he is trying to prove he is worth it, so is now forcing balls
where he would not normally.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is hard to do:huh:

So what I came up with is, we all know that Dak can play the position to a certain extent. He is on at times and then he is off, badly.

There has been alot of hype about the contract. He started the season off great against below average teams. Then against above average teams he starts getting away from himself and all he has worked on in the offseason to develope better.

So I thought, what if the hype of the contract is getting to him? He now seems to be overthinking things, and now forcing the ball more, throwing interceptions, not throwing to wide open guys and being "greedy" as he puts it.

I believe he is pushing too hard for a big contract instead of just playing ball, playing his game, getting back to what he practiced.

Yes the competition has been a tad better but nothing Dak shouldnt be able to handle.

I believe Dak could be going into games with half his brain on football, and the other half on his contract and how to make a nice impression.

I am still against signing the guy but while he is here it would be good to just ponder what the problem could be.

You sound like a fool.

Dak is in the MVP candidate this year and is the top 5 in almost every important QB stat in the NFL.

Zman5

Reaction score
McNabb was a career 59% completion rate passer. He had career 85 QB rating. He wasn’t a very good passer. Yet you could argue he had a better career than Romo due to having Fat Andy as his HC vs JG.

He played in 5 NFCC games and 1 SB. And he did it without having great skill players through out his career. He was able to do this due to Reid being able get most out of McNabbs skill set.

Dak is a better version of McNabb and if we have better coaches I believe it’s possible for Dak to have a similar career.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT29twMZFYxUM8Yl76S702ZXBwJy-Mvs6vdNo-c6KPpNaRGP4u
3crs2a.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Look I'm no Dak fan but I wouldnt trade him for minshew. In fact when enough tape gets out on the guy it will be tough sledding for him.

The guy has one read and then he is off running from the pocket. Dont let minshew fool you. That is actually going backwards from Dak.

I say wait to sign Dak and let the season play out and then make a decision. What's Dak gonna do, hold out in the middle of the season.

I am for drafting a non experimental QB

I agree with playing out the season before making a decision. But drafting a non experimental QB? That's easier said than done unless you tank the season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, Dak-Homers don't worry Jets coming up Dak will be great again!!

Cebrin

Reaction score
The problem with this whole TEAM is coaching!

Dak can play football. Is he Brady? Who knows?!?!?! He's not playing for Belichick! He's playing for a back up QB that an undrafted QB made look good!

If you watched the two past weeks, and blamed 1 player, you're blind, deaf, and dumb.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What is there to figure out about Dak? He is a winner. Tough guy. Great leader. Can run with the ball. Can throw all the NFL passes. Struggles with accuracy at times. Holds the ball too long. Can be a tad slow on progressions at time. Decent vision but not elite. Add it all up and you have a good but not elite QB. You can win a lot of games with Dak but he NEEDS HELP. Every QB needs help. The hand wringing over this loss is ridiculous. 2 of his 3 picks were not on him at all. The defense and Cooper's bad luck were the main culprits I also think Dallas came out flat which is remarkable given the NO loss.

The Dak haters need to stop. He is NOT the issue.
Like you said, he's good but definitely not elite and probably never will be. But I think Dak is good enough to hold up his end of the bargain IF the rest of the team was holding up their end of the bargain, but they're not.
The Cowboys have a way of making opposing QB's and RBs look twice as good as they are. Aaron Jones put up a 5.6 yard average and 4 TDs last Sunday. He made hamburger out of our defense, and Rogers said he felt the Cowboys game was his best game of the season.

If this entire team played up to their potential, including Dak, they could be very good.
But between the inept coaching and the team's lame effort, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:

BHendri5

Reaction score
This is hard to do:huh:

So what I came up with is, we all know that Dak can play the position to a certain extent. He is on at times and then he is off, badly.

There has been alot of hype about the contract. He started the season off great against below average teams. Then against above average teams he starts getting away from himself and all he has worked on in the offseason to develope better.

So I thought, what if the hype of the contract is getting to him? He now seems to be overthinking things, and now forcing the ball more, throwing interceptions, not throwing to wide open guys and being "greedy" as he puts it.

I believe he is pushing too hard for a big contract instead of just playing ball, playing his game, getting back to what he practiced.

Yes the competition has been a tad better but nothing Dak shouldnt be able to handle.

I believe Dak could be going into games with half his brain on football, and the other half on his contract and how to make a nice impression.

I am still against signing the guy but while he is here it would be good to just ponder what the problem could be.

I agree with you, I was saying the same thing to my son and a couple of friends. I think he’s trying to prove he’s worth what he is asking for. I disagree with him playing badly, he is off at times because he reverts back to throwing the way he has done for years, it’s still the beginning of the season the mechanics will become natural as the season goes with Kitna continually working with him.
Dak is not an average QB, so never believe that stupidity. He is above average and will be elite

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm no Dak hater but you're seeing what you want to see. If Dak hits him in stride, it's a TD. The ball was clearly thrown behind him.

If in stride, yes....TD. And yes it was thrown a little behind, but it was indeed catchable. Even the announcer said the same.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
the people who think if DeMarcus Ware works out with a player it will make that player be awesome. You bought into the KM, Jon Kitna hype a bit much. Dak is a simple Qb, he needs to run a bit, he has Will, he needs plays that fit his strengths. Now does that mean can Dallas do it, or refuses to do it. personally i feel it should go like this, if you cant work around Dak because Dak cant do it, than get rid of him. If you keep him, its on you to make him a NFL Qb. this isnt hard.
Heres a tip, if Dallas can make it harder for themselves, they will do everything in their power to do so.

Now there's the best line of the day. ;)

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
No, he would not. His body failed him. He can no longer take a hit.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
If in stride, yes....TD. And yes it was thrown a little behind, but it was indeed catchable. Even the announcer said the same.

I agree that an NFL WR should make that catch. But a QB who's a starter in the NFL needs to make a better throw as well. Especially one that's going to get 35+Mill. Plenty of blame to go around on that one though.

shabazz

Reaction score
The problem with this whole TEAM is coaching!

Dak can play football. Is he Brady? Who knows?!?!?! He's not playing for Belichick! He's playing for a back up QB that an undrafted QB made look good!

If you watched the two past weeks, and blamed 1 player, you're blind, deaf, and dumb.

But not as Dumb as the team that pays him 30-40 mil for mediocrity. Stupid is as stupid pays