I am trying to figure Dak out instead of bashing him

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This is hard to do:huh:

So what I came up with is, we all know that Dak can play the position to a certain extent. He is on at times and then he is off, badly.

There has been alot of hype about the contract. He started the season off great against below average teams. Then against above average teams he starts getting away from himself and all he has worked on in the offseason to develope better.

So I thought, what if the hype of the contract is getting to him? He now seems to be overthinking things, and now forcing the ball more, throwing interceptions, not throwing to wide open guys and being "greedy" as he puts it.

I believe he is pushing too hard for a big contract instead of just playing ball, playing his game, getting back to what he practiced.

Yes the competition has been a tad better but nothing Dak shouldnt be able to handle.

I believe Dak could be going into games with half his brain on football, and the other half on his contract and how to make a nice impression.

I am still against signing the guy but while he is here it would be good to just ponder what the problem could be.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you just got overconfident after the first three games. he's an average quarterback who if he plays within himself you will have good numbers move the ball score some points and will be better for it. He has got to balance taking chances with what his ability will allow him to do and mitigate some of these turnovers that he's caused. more needs to also continue to help him give him a quick release somebody to throw too quickly the ball out of his hands continue to do those things.

CashMan

Reaction score
So I thought, what if the hype of the contract is getting to him? He now seems to be overthinking things, and now forcing the ball more, throwing interceptions, not throwing to wide open guys and being "greedy" as he puts it.

We thought maybe he tuned the corner early this season, that is not the case. He just doesn't have the skill set of an Elite QB, but that doesn't mean he is not a good QB. The problem is, he is going to be overpaid because of this, too many teams need QBs.

At this point, I re-sign Copper, and let this play out with Franchise tags.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I think you just got overconfident after the first three games. he's an average quarterback who if he plays within himself you will have good numbers move the ball score some points and will be better for it. He has got to balance taking chances with what his ability will allow him to do and mitigate some of these turnovers that he's caused. more needs to also continue to help him give him a quick release somebody to throw too quickly the ball out of his hands continue to do those things.

What I seen week one was an offense that can help with the quick passes. I seriously dont understand Moores angle this season.

dckid

Reaction score
This is hard to do:huh:

So what I came up with is, we all know that Dak can play the position to a certain extent. He is on at times and then he is off, badly.

There has been alot of hype about the contract. He started the season off great against below average teams. Then against above average teams he starts getting away from himself and all he has worked on in the offseason to develope better.

I believe he is pushing too hard for a big contract instead of just playing ball, playing his game, getting back to what he practiced.

Yes the competition has been a tad better but nothing Dak shouldnt be able to handle.

I believe Dak could be going into games with half his brain on football, and the other half on his contract and how to make a nice impression.

I am still against signing the guy but while he is here it would be good to just ponder what the problem could be.

Thanks for trying to have an adult conversation. It's like I am living through the seven stages of grief with Dak.
All throughout the summer I said pa him the Nick Foles contract. He is making 500k, going to 23 million is a fair raise for his skillset and talent. Then obviously Goff & Wentz get paid, so i have come to accept that he will get close to 30 million. I think the real mistake is do not go into the 35 or 40 million range. I mean it is just stupid to do that for someone other than Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson type.
Dak is not a game changer, but he is also capable of being more than a game manager.
Let me ask you guys a crazy question, would you trade Dak for Gordon Minshew? It's not a 100% fair question. Do the Jags ever start Foles again?
With college producing so many good QB's can we find another Dak? I am just playing devils advocate here. Have said all of this if you can figure out your QB situation in the NFL you are well on your way to competing.

This team really lacks an identity. It's either 90's run heavy or throwing the ball 50 times a game. I really wish we would follow the Shanahan offense. Play to your strengths as a team.
Zeke is the best player on offense, we made him the highest paid RB, can we deploy him similar to what Carolina does with McCaffery?
I want us to be crisp on offense, please watch the highlights of the 49er game from last night. I want to use Zeke on tosses, misdirections, sweeps, not just a read zone up the middle run. We always seem to run out the shotgun, Teams know our running game.
Possessing the ball is something we should be doing. Play like 2016 only you have a much better QB & offense. The best defense is playing less defense. Convert third downs. Take a page from the Patriots.
They always play to their talent and scheme. Dak is a capable guy, but he is not Mahomes, Watson, Brees. He is most effective attempting in the low 30's, not 45. He is good at throwing deep balls, long posts. He also needs to go back and read the short to medium routes when available.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
We thought maybe he tuned the corner early this season, that is not the case. He just doesn't have the skill set of an Elite QB, but that doesn't mean he is not a good QB. The problem is, he is going to be overpaid because of this, too many teams need QBs.

At this point, I re-sign Copper, and let this play out with Franchise tags.

I understand this situation. It sucks that there is no other way. It feels like entrapment. I find it hard to believe Jerry actually thinks Dak is worth the going rate.

shabazz

Reaction score
Week 1-3 he didint need quick passes, no pressure at all. Hes a wonderful QB until he faces good defenses or the rushing game fails. Did I mention hes wonderful?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas for me already killed the fun of the regular season and now i'm just sitting back and waiting to see what they can do in the post season.

3-2 is unacceptable. What can go wrong will go wrong with this team. They find ways to lose.

The only hole i've seen with this team that is on them is the run defense and I don't understand how they get ran on with the players they have on defense. Especially after being top 5 last year again the run.

The defense is a shell.. Zeke doesn't make big plays anymore.. Dak can play a close game or with a lead but he looks so bad when we're down a couple of scores.

I just can't give this team my time on Sundays anymore if they're going to have passes bounce off their hands and make stupid mistakes repeatedly. It's unwatchable.

The refs are just on another level of bad as well and make it impossible to watch another game that's not your favorite team.

The Dallas Cowboys don't deserve our time. It's just another year headed down the same path. Waste of talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IM ok with Dak at QB for years to come but we need to get back to running.. all these EE haters think his numbers are down and hes garbage, seriously he was seldom used the first 3 games, he could have went wild against all 3 of those teams and built up his stats but di he complain> NO …. the Saints game our line especially in run game git beat up , the defenders lived in the backfield, thats an outlier and then you have a game where the score goes 17-0 quick and 31-3 ,c ant hardly get running game going when you get into pass mode quickly..

KM and the Cowboys seems to want to save zeke, throw out some new looks and trick the Defense but defenses know zekes one of our best options and will stop him first at all costs..

so like in the Romo Era , its what im seeing from KM, we are getting bit pass happy but wheres the new run schemes, find better runs in the playbook and scheme and go get Zeke and pollard going strong so we can settle down Dak etc and move forward..

to all those doubting Zeke, you arent paying attention.. bigger issues and that goes for Dak, hes pressing , hes being leaned on and thats not agreat formula to just be all pass happy.. back to balance , stop scheming for the pass game and running the same old bs in the run game.. I saw some cool looks, motion, and other plays late ion the last game after we got down, where were those early on? where are they in the run game?

I think KM is figuring it out and now that we are playing better talent, we can truly evaluate and reevaluate , get back on track..Zeke and Pollard need to be the focal point but not leaned on heavy and be so obvious about it..

those 3 easy games were a negative to the growth of this team, way overconfident and now they have time to get it figured out while we are 3-2 vs 3-5..

if Dak needs his mind of the contract take the 30 its all hes deserved to this point and he wont go broke thats for sure, now he wont feel pressure of living up to 40 deal or no deal.. when and if he outplays that deal, he can be rewarded.. easy peasy..

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to have an adult conversation. It's like I am living through the seven stages of grief with Dak.
All throughout the summer I said pa him the Nick Foles contract. He is making 500k, going to 23 million is a fair raise for his skillset and talent. Then obviously Goff & Wentz get paid, so i have come to accept that he will get close to 30 million. I think the real mistake is do not go into the 35 or 40 million range. I mean it is just stupid to do that for someone other than Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson type.
Dak is not a game changer, but he is also capable of being more than a game manager.
Let me ask you guys a crazy question, would you trade Dak for Gordon Minshew? It's not a 100% fair question. Do the Jags ever start Foles again?
With college producing so many good QB's can we find another Dak? I am just playing devils advocate here. Have said all of this if you can figure out your QB situation in the NFL you are well on your way to competing.

This team really lacks an identity. It's either 90's run heavy or throwing the ball 50 times a game. I really wish we would follow the Shanahan offense. Play to your strengths as a team.
Zeke is the best player on offense, we made him the highest paid RB, can we deploy him similar to what Carolina does with McCaffery?
I want us to be crisp on offense, please watch the highlights of the 49er game from last night. I want to use Zeke on tosses, misdirections, sweeps, not just a read zone up the middle run. We always seem to run out the shotgun, Teams know our running game.
Possessing the ball is something we should be doing. Play like 2016 only you have a much better QB & offense. The best defense is playing less defense. Convert third downs. Take a page from the Patriots.
They always play to their talent and scheme. Dak is a capable guy, but he is not Mahomes, Watson, Brees. He is most effective attempting in the low 30's, not 45. He is good at throwing deep balls, long posts. He also needs to go back and read the short to medium routes when available.

Look I'm no Dak fan but I wouldnt trade him for minshew. In fact when enough tape gets out on the guy it will be tough sledding for him.

The guy has one read and then he is off running from the pocket. Dont let minshew fool you. That is actually going backwards from Dak.

I say wait to sign Dak and let the season play out and then make a decision. What's Dak gonna do, hold out in the middle of the season.

I am for drafting a non experimental QB.

Brax

Reaction score
I understand this situation. It sucks that there is no other way. It feels like entrapment. I find it hard to believe Jerry actually thinks Dak is worth the going rate.
What is the alternative, Draft who???? Dak will get paid Jerry said so, I would like to see the tag used but don't believe Jerry will. Dak has made strides but it's funny you read his draft profile and a lot of it still applies which is scary. Dak is here to stay unless Jerry does something out of character, admit he was wrong and I do not see that happening. The Dak we see is who he is 4 years in at the right price or wrong price he is here to stay because Jerry screwed up yet again.
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2015...w-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dallas for me already killed the fun of the regular season and now i'm just sitting back and waiting to see what they can do in the post season.

3-2 is unacceptable. What can go wrong will go wrong with this team. They find ways to lose.

The only hole i've seen with this team that is on them is the run defense and I don't understand how they get ran on with the players they have on defense. Especially after being top 5 last year again the run.

The defense is a shell.. Zeke doesn't make big plays anymore.. Dak can play a close game or with a lead but he looks so bad when we're down a couple of scores.

I just can't give this team my time on Sundays anymore if they're going to have passes bounce off their hands and make stupid mistakes repeatedly. It's unwatchable.

The refs are just on another level of bad as well and make it impossible to watch another game that's not your favorite team.

The Dallas Cowboys don't deserve our time. It's just another year headed down the same path. Waste of talent.

I am also baffled about the defense. But is wondering is it them or are teams just game planning better for them after watching tape last season.

Jaylon and vandys boarder line mediocrity is beyond my comprehension.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
What is the alternative, Draft who???? Dak will get paid Jerry said so, I would like to see the tag used but don't believe Jerry will. Dak has made strides but it's funny you read his draft profile and a lot of it still applies which is scary. Dak is here to stay unless Jerry does something out of character, admit he was wrong and I do not see that happening. The Dak we see is who he is 4 years in at the right price or wrong price he is here to stay because Jerry screwed up yet again.
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2015...w-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/

Jerry hasnt completely screwed up because he can choose who he locks up long term. Nobody has a gun to his head regarding Dak.

Jerry can decide to suffer for the next 5 years or move on. His choice.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am also baffled about the defense. But is wondering is it them or are teams just game planning better for them after watching tape last season.

Jaylon and vandys boarder line mediocrity is beyond my comprehension.

I can see Jaylon falling off because as great as he was last year he still looks limited to me in some aspects.

LVE last year was like playing with an extra man on defense. He was everywhere.

Now LVE is barely noticeable. I don't get it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I can see Jaylon falling off because as great as he was last year he still looks limited to me in some aspects.

LVE last year was like playing with an extra man on defense. He was everywhere.

Now LVE is barely noticeable. I don't get it.
I think they paid Jaylon too soon after one good year. I think they did it to show up Zeke.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm fine with Dak being our quarterback.

I struggle a lot with him being our $35 million quarterback.
Yep that is where I am at too. We can win with him but if he takes that much cap space, we can't win long term with him.

Accuracy issues aside, he is just not good enough to makes plays when the pocket breaks down!

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Good lord, you'd think that Dak was Quincy Carter for crying out loud.

Course, some of you were in diapers when Carter was the QB it seems like.

Saints did a number on this Cowboys team. And, it's up to this team to get fighting and realize with PROPER execution of plays, they can be better.

And, again, some fans in here stop taking the cheese. lol