I believe there are 2 realistic targets at 17

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I suspect it’s going to either be a CB or WR that falls to us...

Gaede

Reaction score
Totally agree in terms of likelihood.

I do think McKinney, Baun and Murray need to be in the conversation though.

I have a tough time getting behind a CB that refuses to tackle (Henderson).

I like the idea of taking the chance on Chaisson, because pass rush is vital, but he has a high ceiling and low floor.

Baun may need time and strength.

Murray and McKinney are the best mix of safe meeting need.

This all assumes Brown, Kinlaw, Jeudy and Lamb are gone. Then theres the Ruggs factor, but I don't see him lasting either.

I've said this before....very good shot BPA at 17 is an OT (Thomas?) and no one is looking to deal up in a deep draft.

Thomas was mocked as top 5 not all that long ago. Cant pass there.

Ita great if BPA meets need, but they MUST go BPA.

Agree with everything save the OT. McKinney, Baun, and Murray are good prospects at positions of relative need.

NolanRyan77

Reaction score
Based on the Cowboy recent draft history, I believe there are two realistic targets at pick #17:

-CJ Henderson CB Florida
-K. Chaisson DE LSU

They both meet that elite, athletic profile that the Cowboys covet. Are the top 2 positions of need. The likes of Kinlaw, Brown, Lamb, Juedy are unlikely to fall, but would be in the conversion if something unexpected happened.

Just something to keep in mind...
Factor in position versatility as well. Henderson is the second best CB and the position is among the top 4 most important positions on a team (the others QB, OT and Edge, Whichever order you prefer).

A CB is more important than a DT if the player grade is close. Think there is a decent chance of one of the DTs/WRs making it to 17.