I believe there are 2 realistic targets at 17

fivetwos

Reaction score
Based on the Cowboy recent draft history, I believe there are two realistic targets at pick #17:

-CJ Henderson CB Florida
-K. Chaisson DE LSU

They both meet that elite, athletic profile that the Cowboys covet. Are the top 2 positions of need. The likes of Kinlaw, Brown, Lamb, Juedy are unlikely to fall, but would be in the conversion if something unexpected happened.
Totally agree in terms of likelihood.

I do think McKinney, Baun and Murray need to be in the conversation though.

I have a tough time getting behind a CB that refuses to tackle (Henderson).

I like the idea of taking the chance on Chaisson, because pass rush is vital, but he has a high ceiling and low floor.

Baun may need time and strength.

Murray and McKinney are the best mix of safe meeting need.

This all assumes Brown, Kinlaw, Jeudy and Lamb are gone. Then theres the Ruggs factor, but I don't see him lasting either.

I've said this before....very good shot BPA at 17 is an OT (Thomas?) and no one is looking to deal up in a deep draft.

Thomas was mocked as top 5 not all that long ago. Cant pass there.

Ita great if BPA meets need, but they MUST go BPA.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't think it would be a bad idea to trade up in the 2nd round to get a top tier safety or corner. Hypothetically if we offered 51 and are 2nd or 3rd round pick from next year, how far can we move up? Because of comp picks, we are projected to have 3 3rd round picks next year anyway.

So if Chaisson is the pick, I would love for the 2nd rounder to be one of these guys...
Noah Igbinoghene
Jaylon Johnson
Jeff Gladney
Trevon Diggs
A.J. Terrell
Antoine Winfield Jr
Xavier McKinney
Grant Delpit

There is going to be a CB run at some point, hopefully the team doesn't get wiped out if they went in another direction in rd 1. This draft class really reminds me of the Taco/Awuzie Class. Strong CB class, weak pass rusher class. They may follow the same route, hopefully with better success.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Totally agree in terms of likelihood.

I do think McKinney, Baun and Murray need to be in the conversation though.

I have a tough time getting behind a CB that refuses to tackle (Henderson).

I like the idea of taking the chance on Chaisson, because pass rush is vital, but he has a high ceiling and low floor.

Baun may need time and strength.

Murray and McKinney are the best mix of safe meeting need.

This all assumes Brown, Kinlaw, Jeudy and Lamb are gone. Then theres the Ruggs factor, but I don't see him lasting either.

I've said this before....very good shot BPA at 17 is an OT (Thomas?) and no one is looking to deal up in a deep draft.

Thomas was mocked as top 5 not all that long ago. Cant pass there.

Ita great if BPA meets need, but they MUST go BPA.

Personally, I don't think Ruggs will be in the conversation even if available. He just doesn't fit their prototype for the position.

garyv

Reaction score
Based on the Cowboy recent draft history, I believe there are two realistic targets at pick #17:

-CJ Henderson CB Florida
-K. Chaisson DE LSU

They both meet that elite, athletic profile that the Cowboys covet. Are the top 2 positions of need. The likes of Kinlaw, Brown, Lamb, Juedy are unlikely to fall, but would be in the conversion if something unexpected happened.

I've read a few mixed reviews on CJ Henderson

fivetwos

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Ruggs will be in the conversation even if available. He just doesn't fit their prototype for the position.
Plus there will be some serious value later in the draft at WR.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What if Ruggs is there and someteam at bottom of 1st Round offers their 2nd Rounder to move up for Ruggs would you do it ?
Very quickly, before someone came to their senses.

A 2nd in this draft is a likely starting player.

garyv

Reaction score
Very quickly, before someone came to their senses.

A 2nd in this draft is a likely starting player.

Just don't forget that late first rounder you now have will also be a late 2nd Rounder

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I've read a few mixed reviews on CJ Henderson

After Okuda, there will be different opinions on the rest of the CB Class. Henderson has the size, athleticism that the team targets at the position. After his great combine workout, he has solidified himself as the draft's #2 CB.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think it would be a bad idea to trade up in the 2nd round to get a top tier safety or corner. Hypothetically if we offered 51 and are 2nd or 3rd round pick from next year, how far can we move up? Because of comp picks, we are projected to have 3 3rd round picks next year anyway.

So if Chaisson is the pick, I would love for the 2nd rounder to be one of these guys...
Noah Igbinoghene
Jaylon Johnson
Jeff Gladney
Trevon Diggs
A.J. Terrell
Antoine Winfield Jr
Xavier McKinney
Grant Delpit
I fear all of those will be gone

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Top 3 WRs
Kinlaw
Henderson
Chaisson

That's the mini draft board at 17

Henderson and or Chaisson might go earlier than people expect bc there is a significant drop off at each position after them..and both positions are premium positions..kinlaw may drop bc of medicals..and if all of these guys get drafted then a WR may drop..

add in a shock pick or two that nobody sees coming and maybe multiple players from this group are available..but if you ask me, this is my mini board

Lamb
Jeudy
Kinlaw
Ruggs
Henderson
Chaisson

This is having no information on kinalws knees..positive or negative grades there will obviously make an impact
Interesting take.....

vnick

Reaction score
This draft is shaking up to where I would not be surprised to see us trade up or trade down, but I am starting to think we won't pick at 17.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Henderson is rising with Detroit, Jags and Atlanta all needed corners. Henderson is second behind Okudah and I don't see Henderson making it to 17 now. I really believe Chaisson will be the pick and than corner/safety will come in rounds 2 and 3. I don't expect DL until the 4th round or later and possibly receiver
why would detroit take henderson when they can take okudah?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This draft is shaking up to where I would not be surprised to see us trade up or trade down, but I am starting to think we won't pick at 17.
Im starting to think one of the top 3 WRs might just be there.

The OL depth in this draft isnt good. You saw that during the SR bowl. after the top 4 or 5 the talent drops off a cliff. Im starting to think one of these 3-4 teams are going to be salivating on Chaisson. and from whats being reported out here on the raiders they realy like henderson and taking Higgins with their 2nd RD1 pick looks like it might happen. Kinlaw might drop aswell. That knee hasnt been checked up on with team yet because of whats going on.

So i think OL Chaisson and Henderson could push Kinlaw or one of these 3 top WRs down to Dallas.

Not to mention teams at the bottom of the first could trade up for Love.