I bet Dallas will sign OBJ now

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think OBJ will see Dallas as a far better team with a far chance in the playoffs. Hats off to NY though. They have a terrible QB , no Wrs, and Jaylon smith at LB but are still 7-4. Its a miracle.

kevm3

Reaction score
Give him a one or twoyear deal. We need to be going all in this year

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Save the money for 1T in FA. And, DRAFT one. The current WR's are playing very well

garyv

Reaction score
I cannot imagine Jerry paying him the contract he wants. He’s essentially asking for the same contract we just ditched with Amari and I don’t think Odell is taking less than a multi year deal while we are gettin ready to have to pay Diggs and Pollard big money.
That said, hard to see he signs with NYG, they look like a team that had a nice run but the wheels are falling off.

garyv

Reaction score
I read for the remainder of this season about 5 million past this year no idea probably 3 yrs 60 million or 4 years 80 million is a ballpark.

TheHerd

Reaction score
where did you get that date?
Been reported in multiple places. Seems weird to wait an entire week. If he’s ready, seems like he’d want to get going now. But we’re not signing him. No way Stephen oks a deal. We may be the better choice, but the Giants will offer more, and probably the Bills and Chiefs as well. Stephen won’t pay big $$$ for a free agent. Hell, hell probably end up on the Eagles. They don’t seem to have a cap!

garyv

Reaction score
Been reported in multiple places. Seems weird to wait an entire week. If he’s ready, seems like he’d want to get going now. But we’re not signing him. No way Stephen oks a deal. We may be the better choice, but the Giants will offer more, and probably the Bills and Chiefs as well. Stephen won’t pay big $$$ for a free agent. Hell, hell probably end up on the Eagles. They don’t seem to have a cap!

I think he doesn't pick Dallas or NYG personally think an AFC team. I think he likes all this media exposure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Pollard will be lost in UFA to a team that outbids us for his services. Elliott will be a cap casualty. They will draft a few backs mid to late rounds and go RBBC starting next year. Because that's what you do if you have a 40 million dollar QB and premium defense.
wrong , wrong, wrong. You let Zeke Walk, Schultz, unfortunately..... and bingo, Pollard is signed. They can always find a way to keep who you want. Honestly, I think Zeke takes a huge pay cut to stay with his Bros.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think he doesn't pick Dallas or NYG personally think an AFC team. I think he likes all this media exposure.
No doubt. So does Jerry. But he ain’t coming here. Not Stephen’s style.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
OBJ may end up waiting 'til next year for his contract, after he visits with Stephen! He won't get nearly the big offer he expected. :muttley:

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He still in top 3 with receivers having most 100 yards games.

13/10/2019....a case of what has he done lately.

Don't expect any news soon. They're meeting with him on December 5th.

So that's after the Colts game. Even if he signs that week, how long would he need to train (with Dak) and learn the play book (say another 2 weeks). That would give him a timescale of Eagles on 24th (with just 3+playoff games left).

He likely would not pass a physical until that date. It’s likely why he hasn’t signed

Yep, so if he may well not be able to pass a fitness test and we'll only have 3 games once he's on the field when will he be match fit to play 100%, even after coming back Gallup looked as if he was feeling his way back into the early games.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
OBJ may end up waiting 'til next year for his contract, after he visits with Stephen! He won't get nearly the big offer he expected. :muttley:

This situation is made for the Jones. Utilize their strengths in a Good Cop/Bad Cop approach.....(Jerry), I love yer, I want yer (Stephen) No money, no money.

I agree that OBJ appears to want the short term chance to succeed, but also wants security of the long/medium contract.....wants to safeguard against what happened in the SB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He wont be ready 2 play even if he gets signed on Dec 5th. Anyone realize that? In fact, he may not play at all this season. If a team signs him they must fully realize that ya may be signing him for the future. I want him but my expectations are realistic.