I bet my salt that Amari is willing to restructure ASAP to pickup FA

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I may bet my paycheck that Amari is willing to restructure ASAP to pickup FAs.

Also this notion that Gallup or CD sheep can take over #1 spot are sadly mistaken. They should be grateful that Amari allows them to eat on weaker foes kind of like the side villains of mega bosses.

Neither one has or ever will have the speed, quickness, route running ability & hands of Coop to play a real #1 WR.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
A restructure will have no affect on Coop, it will likely excelerate his guarantees, but it will also kick a chunk of his salary down road in the form of a signing bonus and kill the Cowboys with a substantial dead money payment at the end of his contract.

Sandyf

Reaction score
A restructure will have no affect on Coop, it will likely excelerate his guarantees, but it will also kick a chunk of his salary down road in the form of a signing bonus and kill the Cowboys with a substantial dead money payment at the end of his contract.
Lets see the cap is going to rise some 30+ million next year and the same amount or more the following year so serious doubt any of that bonus or any others are going to kill the Cowboys cap.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
When teams restructure they are giving the player a majority of their salary for the year up front in bonus.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Lets see the cap is going to rise some 30+ million next year and the same amount or more the following year so serious doubt any of that bonus or any others are going to kill the Cowboys cap.
Meanwhile, players salaries continue to accelerate and consume a larger percentage of the cap. Why would the Cowboys want to extend Cooper's payments with Gallup and Lamb still on the roster? Why not get Gallup extended and dump Cooper and his bloated salary after this season?

LittleD

Reaction score
I may bet my paycheck that Amari is willing to restructure ASAP to pickup FAs.

Also this notion that Gallup or CD sheep can take over #1 spot are sadly mistaken. They should be grateful that Amari allows them to eat on weaker foes kind of like the side villains of mega bosses.

Neither one has or ever will have the speed, quickness, route running ability & hands of Coop to play a real #1 WR.

He might be but the Dallas FO is not. They want to be able to dump him after this season and spread the dead money over two years.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They already agree when they signed the contract it is all built in if they choose to do it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
:facepalm: Every player is willing to restructure. It literally means up front cash and more job security for future years.....it’s time to get a new user name and start over.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The smart strategy by the Cowboys would be to hold off restructuring Amari's contract until next season when they see how Amari's season goes and what plays out with Gallup.

If Amari and Gallup both have solid or better seasons, you restructure Amari's contract next season and use that and other restructured contracts to sign Gallup to an extension.

If Amari has an average or worse season or gets injured, you trade/release Amari and sign Gallup to an extension.

If Amari has a solid or better season and Gallup has an average or worse season or gets injured, you let Gallup leave as a free agent.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
:facepalm: Every player is willing to restructure. It literally means up front cash and more job security for future years.....it’s time to get a new user name and start over.

Everyone except Dak. Throw Zeke in too. You will never see either of them restructure for a team friendly deal.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

yup.

i don’t see how Coop stays after 2021.

that 60 million $$ base over 2022-2024 is a killer.

8(