I bet my salt that Amari is willing to restructure ASAP to pickup FA

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I may bet my paycheck that Amari is willing to restructure ASAP to pickup FAs.

Also this notion that Gallup or CD sheep can take over #1 spot are sadly mistaken. They should be grateful that Amari allows them to eat on weaker foes kind of like the side villains of mega bosses.

Neither one has or ever will have the speed, quickness, route running ability & hands of Coop to play a real #1 WR.

Umm, players don't have to be convinced to restructure. It is always to a player's advantage to convert salary to bonus.

This is most certainly not a sacrifice. Instead of getting a million a week, you get it all up front. Six months have 15 mill let's the player invest and grow that money earlier. A freaking no brainer for the player (as could likely be said about this thread)

Shane612

Reaction score
If you're right, Amari should walk into Jerry's office and tell him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Also this notion that Gallup or CD sheep can take over #1 spot are sadly mistaken. They should be grateful that Amari allows them to eat on weaker foes kind of like the side villains of mega bosses.

Neither one has or ever will have the speed, quickness, route running ability & hands of Coop to play a real #1 WR.

So no facts or direct quotes whatsoever but rather opinion only.....color me shocked.

fivetwos

Reaction score

They pay you in salt sir?

I think you need to threaten to go to Cabo instead of showing up for work.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Umm, players don't have to be convinced to restructure. It is always to a player's advantage to convert salary to bonus.

This is most certainly not a sacrifice. Instead of getting a million a week, you get it all up front. Six months have 15 mill let's the player invest and grow that money earlier. A freaking no brainer for the player (as could likely be said about this thread)
I actually think its standard language in contracts.

Nothing a player would ever object to anyway.

Flamma

Reaction score
The players don’t have a choice..it's an automatic trigger if the team wants to pull it

You can't create a legitimate thread to save your life lol

Right. Not only that, but why would they need any convincing? It's to their benefit.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Only if he wishes to stay w/Dallas will he allow a restructured contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lets see the cap is going to rise some 30+ million next year and the same amount or more the following year so serious doubt any of that bonus or any others are going to kill the Cowboys cap.

We can't be sure what they'll be doing with the cap next year. They still owe around 30 million from future caps, I have no idea how they plan on taking it back. But if everything went as planned and there was no pandemic, the cap should be somewhere around 220-225 million in 2022. But like I said, there's that issue of still owing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

]

I know this is a strange thing for you to look at everything and realize that a player who ALREADY has guaranteed money for this season isn't going to give that up or want to restructure that guaranteed money. Even if they convert most of his 2021 salary to bonus money that gets spread over the life of the contract it makes it harder down the road to either trade or release him because of all the dead money it would create. Go back to Madden Football.

Flamma

Reaction score
A restructure will have no affect on Coop, it will likely excelerate his guarantees, but it will also kick a chunk of his salary down road in the form of a signing bonus and kill the Cowboys with a substantial dead money payment at the end of his contract.

Yep. But if the Cowboys want to do anything significant in FA and or sign some of their own, their going to have to look at Coop or DLaw to restructure. I don't think they can do it with 13.5 Mil alone. Zeke or Jaylon would probably not be a good idea.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yep. But if the Cowboys want to do anything significant in FA and or sign some of their own, their going to have to look at Coop or DLaw to restructure. I don't think they can do it with 13.5 Mil alone. Zeke or Jaylon would probably not be a good idea.
DLaw is what I consider a cornerstone so I think he is a good candidate for restructuring. Cooper's contract is a nightmare after next year and the Cowboys should just cut bait and move on from him after 2021. I'd restructure Martin and DLaw, maybe Collins, too to free up some cash.

Flamma

Reaction score
DLaw is what I consider a cornerstone so I think he is a good candidate for restructuring. Cooper's contract is a nightmare after next year and the Cowboys should just cut bait and move on from him after 2021. I'd restructure Martin and DLaw, maybe Collins, too to free up some cash.

Didn't they already restructure Collins? But yeah, I thought the plan was to move on from Cooper after this year too. But many disagree. I just figured they'd pay Gallup, move on from Cooper, then end up paying Lamb. Not going to pay all 3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The players don’t have a choice..it's an automatic trigger if the team wants to pull it

You can't create a legitimate thread to save your life lol
You make a great point that I don't think most people understand. It's written into their contracts.

You are also correct about the OP... can't create a legit thread to save his life.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

;) So Amari is willing to restructure but not Dak? ;)