I can't even imagine the Cowboys playing this late in the season

cej757

Reaction score
Seriously, Can you guys see Demarcus Ware, Sean Lee, Miles Austin and Mo Claiborne and some of these injury riddled guys playing this late in the season? These guys can't even play more than a few games without having to miss time and to play a team like San Fran or Seattle is gonna require you to play Physical Big Boy Football.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Jerry has to cut Demarcus Ware this offseason. Demarcus can't play three downs anymore and you can't afford to pay him the money he's due when he can't stay on the field. Spread that money around to three more guys that's younger and you start adding more depth to the roster.

The Cowboys are gonna have to deal with the 49ers and Seahawks if they want to get to the Super Bowl and we're gonna have to most likely play these teams twice next season to get where we want to go.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah these teams playing now are simply in a different class than where we are at.

I cut my teeth watching our boys being the class of the NFL and being the ones that were at this point year in and year out. It's sad what it has become now.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
There is a lot more between us and playing this late in the season than recurring injuries, though those are important.

I can't imagine us playing this late in the season w/o a rebuild/restructuring.

DEMARC0MURRAY29

Reaction score
Just thinking of the Cowboys playing against these defenses (Carolina, San Fran, Seattle)...it's almost comical. It's like they are in a different league

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The good thing is the team has some toughness, problem is very little of it is on defense.

cej757

Reaction score
There is a lot more between us and playing this late in the season than recurring injuries, though those are important.

I'm not just focusing on injuries either. I know the Head Coach and the qb are not mentally cut out for this type of football either. They think the best way to win is to spread it out and throw it at all cost and that's just not gonna win you games in January and Feburary. Did you see how the weather conditions played a factor this weekend? The rain and wind would kick this teams butt. You have to be able to run the football to win playoff football but the HeadCoach and the Qb will never commit to it.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm not just focusing on injuries either. I know the Head Coach and the qb are not mentally cut out for this type of football either. They think the best way to win is to spread it out and throw it at all cost and that's just not gonna win you games in January and Feburary. Did you see how the weather conditions played a factor this weekend? The rain and wind would kick this teams butt. You have to be able to run the football to win playoff football but the HeadCoach and the Qb will never commit to it.
Uh oh.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Romo would have spent a bye week in an exotic location, like Cabo, while an opposing defensive coordinator is dissecting the weaknesses in his game for a playoff matchup the following week.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score

The head coach and QB know very little about playing professional football in January and February...

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Watching these teams playing this late brings to light the truth that the Cowboys are much much closer to being a really bad team than they are to being a very good team.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Just thinking of the Cowboys playing against these defenses (Carolina, San Fran, Seattle)...it's almost comical. It's like they are in a different league

Yep I have to agree. There's hardly any such thing as a wide open guy across the middle in these games. The intensity, tenacity and physicality is impressive. We have a long way to go.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Good Grief.

Its sad, but its true..............the last time the Cowboys played in the NFC Championship game was 1995..........that is almost 20 years ago, an entire generation of Cowboy fans have never seen this team advance that far, so its not shocking that anybody younger than 40 would not remember it or couldnt imagine it.

The fans growing up today know nothing but choke jobs and epic losses that almost no other team in the league would lose..............and during that 20 year stretch, we have 1 playoff win thanks to Wade (who was then fired and replaced with a trainee that cant break 500 after 4 seasons on the job, but dont worry because the owner says we are going to benefit down the road from all of these gaffes that have costed us games).

coult44

Reaction score

We've been rebuilding for almost two decades. The teams playing now have rebuilt themselves two or three times since we have once...