I can't even imagine the Cowboys playing this late in the season

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'd easily hang with theses teams if we played equivalent defense. We don't, and we're sitting home because of it.

pancakeman

Reaction score
think about what the Saints did to us and what Seattle did to them yesterday

But that "transitional property" never works in football. This year the Cowboys beat the Rams handily, Rams beat the Bears handily, but the Bears had their way with Dallas. Similarly, though the Bears had their way with Dallas, and the Eagles smeared the Bears, Dallas was able to soundly win the game in Philly.

ftghb

Reaction score
Just thinking of the Cowboys playing against these defenses (Carolina, San Fran, Seattle)...it's almost comical. It's like they are in a different league

Throw the Saints defense (with rob ryan) in there. Sea, Car, NO and SF represent the league's top 4 defenses. Can't get by with good offense + mediocre defense to win anymore. The saints and the packers feature as many weapons as almost any team in the league and both were held in check. To run the table in the NFC, you need a good defense (at the very least a run stuffing defense)

zack

Reaction score
I'm not just focusing on injuries either. I know the Head Coach and the qb are not mentally cut out for this type of football either. They think the best way to win is to spread it out and throw it at all cost and that's just not gonna win you games in January and Feburary. Did you see how the weather conditions played a factor this weekend? The rain and wind would kick this teams butt. You have to be able to run the football to win playoff football but the HeadCoach and the Qb will never commit to it.

Yeah because the QBs this weekend had so much to do with victory. Did you see the QB performances? This weekend was about defense and running the ball.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Its sad, but its true..............the last time the Cowboys played in the NFC Championship game was 1995..........that is almost 20 years ago, an entire generation of Cowboy fans have never seen this team advance that far, so its not shocking that anybody younger than 40 would not remember it or couldnt imagine it.

The fans growing up today know nothing but choke jobs and epic losses that almost no other team in the league would lose..............and during that 20 year stretch, we have 1 playoff win thanks to Wade (who was then fired and replaced with a trainee that cant break 500 after 4 seasons on the job, but dont worry because the owner says we are going to benefit down the road from all of these gaffes that have costed us games).

I had no idea! I must have missed your other 13,272 posts saying the same thing. :eek:

dupree89

Reaction score
Yeah because the QBs this weekend had so much to do with victory. Did you see the QB performances? This weekend was about defense and running the ball.

thats not really fair. You dont think in Tom Brady's case, for example, the defense decided to let them run the ball and just not have Brady carve them up?

dupree89

Reaction score
The Pats have had far more devastating injuries than we have this season. Look where they are. Amazing what good coaching a competent GM can do.

Totally agree. And on offense, they have had rookie free agent type WRs, journeymen RBs, and for several games they operated with non pass-catching TEs. There is something about the Patriots team and it goes beyond just Tom Brady. They come off as a team that no matter who they are missing or what positions they simply lack talent, it doesnt matter. They are going to find a way to get it done. I have to believe this stems from their head coach. While Jason Garrett will continue to try to force a square peg into a round hole, Belichick goes out looking for a square hole or a round peg......and he'll take and use whichever he locates first.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this weekend of football just goes to show how far off this team really is from competing in this league if they don't figure out how to get lots better this off season four wins will b e a big total for them
they will be drafting in the top five in 2015 draft

cej757

Reaction score

I know that, but unfortunately our qb is a guy that I like to call a BallHog. He's not having fun unless he's the one making throws and checking out of runs so he can throw it. We can't make the excuse anymore about the o-line and the running game not working because it was this season and he still went away from it.

visionary

Reaction score
The Pats have had far more devastating injuries than we have this season. Look where they are. Amazing what good coaching a competent GM can do.

nope
it is all injuries

if only we had "equivalent defense"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're amazingly well coached. No doubt about it. But I don't think their guy is going to be available any time soon.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The sad thing is it used to be unthinkable for the team NOT to make deep penetration into the playoffs. I remember one year when the team lost in the divisional playoffs and the commentators saying it was the first time in X number of years that the Cowboys exited the playoffs so EARLY. Now if we even got that far, it would be considered a big accomplishment.

Offsides

Reaction score
Should the cowboys get a new strength and conditioning staff. why all the muscle pulls etc... Broken bones and torn ligaments happen in the battle but these guys get hurt without any contact.

zack

Reaction score
I know that, but unfortunately our qb is a guy that I like to call a BallHog. He's not having fun unless he's the one making throws and checking out of runs so he can throw it. We can't make the excuse anymore about the o-line and the running game not working because it was this season and he still went away from it.

Do you really know the for fact? Unless you are in the meeting rooms and game planning you cannot say what he audibles out of. Clearly our HC passes first as evidenced by the last game of the year.

Blame the offensive coordinator from going away from it not the QB.